Chapter -26
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akari

Note: There is no Chapter 26.

While Hikai was still shocked by what Akari told him, she carried Lin far away from the city.

Akari: We should wait for them here.

Lin looked around the place. It was in a forest somewhere. Lin could only see trees around her.

Akari: Princess I have something very important to tell you about.

Lin tilted her head and Akari went down to eye level with her.

Akari: Don’t trust anyone. Not even me. At the very least, every single demon currently living will not be your ally.

Lin: Eh?

Akari: Look, listen, understand and think. I want you to remember all of this. One day I’m sure that he will come and get you. Until that time, learn everything you can and decide on what you want to do. I will do my best to protect you until then.

Lin: Okay.

Then the Demons arrived one by one. The first one to arrive was the large man.

Akari: You’re here pretty early.

Demon: There was no point for me to stay.

Akari: What’s wrong? Why are you holding you stomach?

Demon: I finally found her.

Akari: Her? Wait, you mean…

Demon: I finally found their child.

Akari: I see.

Demon: I wait for the day that she would be able to kill me. That also means that I will be leaving for my own plans.

The two didn’t exchange words after that. The next one to arrive is the silent Demon.

Akari: Welcome.

Demon: Job Finished.

The Demon passed by her. The last one to arrive was the Female Demon.

Demon: Why did you make us retreat already? I was just starting to have fun.

Akari: I guess I did the right thing then. You didn’t forget the mission right?

Demon: Yes, yes. You are such a spoilsport. Is this the Princess?

The Demon looked towards Lin and Lin hid behind Akari.

Akari: Yeah.

Demon: Well aren’t you just a cute little thing. Come over here.

The Demon gestured to Lin but Lin didn’t move.

Demon: Aw, she doesn’t like me. Oh well, I hope I can meet that Elf and that boy again.

The Female Demon left the scene.

Akari: That’s everyone. We should go back now Princess.

Everyone was already walking away but Lin stayed staring at the city. After a while, Lin nodded but then a large pillar of light suddenly emerged from the city.

Akari: What? What the hell is that?

As Akari and Lin stared at it, Lin suddenly fell.

Lin: Ahhhhh! Argh! Ahhhhhh!

Akari: Princess!?

As Lin started to scream, her body suddenly glowed.

Lin: I can feel him.

Akari: Yes, the two of you are connected so you should know what is going on but why is your body reacting like this?

Akari tried to feel what is going on in Lin’s body.

Akari: Is this Holy energy!? Are you telling me that the white light over there is because of a God!?

Lin was surprised by what Akari said.

Akari: But then why are you being affected? Wait, don’t tell me. He’s letting a God use his body in order to save her!? Is he insane!? His body definitely can’t handle that kind of burden and because you’re connected, he is affecting your body as well!

Hikai: I’m sorry Lin.

Lin suddenly heard his voice.

Lin: No!

Akari: Princess!?

Lin then stood up and directed all of her energy towards Hikai.

Lin: I will not give up!

Lin’s body then glowed dark. The light and dark are now fighting each other.

Akari: So that’s what you have chosen. Then go for it Princess. Don’t hold back. Use every single ounce of your power. This is your only chance. You have to win this battle.

The white light then disappeared. Lin fell and Akari caught her body.

Lin: Not yet.

Akari: What?

Lin still moved even though her body was exhausted.

Lin: Not enough.

Akari: It wasn’t enough? What do you mean?

Lin: Dying.

Akari: With his body as a Human he should be able to handle the burden of a God’s power but he’s still dying? Wait, don’t tell me.

Akari thought carefully and stared at Lin.

Akari: He used his own soul in order to revive her!?

Akari’s eyes are very special and she can see things that no one else can. She saw what exactly was happening to him.

Lin: Not yet.

Akari understood what happened and she hugged Lin tight.

Akari: It’s no use Princess. You can’t do anything anymore. You have completed your contract and given him full control but its still not enough.

Lin despaired but a voice suddenly said to her.

??? 2: You have done well. Leave it to me.

Lin heard the voice and could feel the boy once again. Her body glowed once again.

Akari: Princess!? What is going on?

Akari stared back at Lin and saw a pair of eyes.

Akari: Are you a God?

The eyes she saw disappered and the glow became stable and entered her body.

Lin: Lived.

Akari: So he lived huh and it looks like you have a God’s blessing now. Seriously, how the hell are you balancing both of those opposing powers.

Akari could see that both energies were combining together within Lin and by extension, Hikai. Lin then let herself lean on Akari.

Akari: Your daughter did very well.

Lin couldn’t hear it all as she slowly surrendered to sleep. Akari hugged Lin’s body as she slept.

Akari: I see. So, you just might be our hope. Raimei Hikai, you are the only one who can save us but you are not strong enough. As you are now, you will just die. Which is why I had to take Lin in order to stop him.

Akari stood up carrying Lin.

Akari: Even if I know that I shouldn’t, I can’t help but feel hope. Hope that you can stop the madness plaguing this world right now. Save me, save Lin and save her.

Akari turned her back from  the city and started to walk away.

Akari: We have limited time. I do hope that you become strong enough by then. Strong enough to defeat the Demon God.

~Chapter -26 End~

2