Chapter 25
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•__________________________________________________________•

??? POV

'Hey, what should I do?'

'About what?'

'Can you help me?'

'. . .I can and I will.'

'I want to change. I don't want it to take over me.'

'. . .'

'Will you help me?'

'. . .If only you'll allow me to.'

•__________________________________________________________•

'She changed! Well, not that much, but she changed!'

The girl was having a sincere conversation with the nurse who regularly gives her food and her daily check-ups.

For starters, she usually just stares blankly when the nurse comes, but today was different. She took the initiative to talk to her.

"Um, thank you for. . .bringing me meals every day."

The girls say as she bashfully covers her face with a book.

"Oh my!! You're welcome. It's the first time you spoke to me. You have a pretty voice."

As expected, the nurse was taken aback by her actions. But seeing the girl show any expression other than indifference made her excited.

"Th-thank you very much. Um-"

The girl looked at the nurse anxiously. She wanted to ask the nurse if she had the time to hear her out.

'She might be busy. I might be troubling her.'

"Hm?"

The nurse tilted her head with a gentle smile.

"Are- are you busy right now?"

"Well, I do have to give the meals to the other patients."

"Ah, I see."

The nurse seemed to notice the girl's disappointment and immediately attempts to cheer her up.

". . .But I do have some spare time this afternoon. Want me to come here?"

"Ah! Yes, please. I mean, please do."

"Fufu, what a cute girl."

The nurse patted the girl's head softly and left, not realizing what the girl felt.

'When was the last time someone patted my head like that? I don't even remember anymore.'

She felt melancholic as she tries to recall her good memories.

"Take your time, now. Don't rush it. One step at a time."

"Yeah. I'll do that."

'Hm? She seems to have started her one-man convo again. I wonder which one of the four she was talking to?'

•__________________________________________________________•

Thankfully, the nurse didn't lie. She visits frequently and listens to the girl's troubles.

With that, the heavy burden that the girl was shouldering was slowly being lifted.

But, as expected, things just don't go as smoothly as one would expect.

Just when she thought everything was going well, a huge wave suddenly shows up.

"Left? Father did? I see."

Her mother paid a visit to her only to tell her this. The girl expected it to happen, but it wasn't supposed to happen this early.

"He couldn't handle it anymore and left with his slutty mistress. The nerve of that bastard."

"Mother, I'm-"

"Which is why I'm going to leave as well. Live with your aunt and uncle for a while, I'm going to work overseas to pay our debts. You can do that right?"

"I- Yes, mother."

The girl wanted to refuse. She didn't know much about her relatives, but she heard that they were somewhat abusive and strict.

'It wouldn't hurt to give it a try, right? It shouldn't be that bad. Yep. Let's be positive.'

She convinced herself to cheer up and be optimistic about it.

But, she didn't know at that time.

The events that will happen afterward will lead her to death.

•__________________________________________________________•

'O pitiful, pitiful rain.

Why do you fall?

Did you suffer in the sky and couldn't take it anymore?

If so, fall.

I won't blame you.

You were merely formed in the wrong cloud.'

•__________________________________________________________•

1