Arc 1 Chapter 2: Arrival
361 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our conversation certainly did not last long, then I was already transported to another world. I've made an early mission to find myself a watch, but discovering my power's ability may need to come first. Multiple questions popped into my head.

Are the residents human?

What do I look like?!

If I look like human and they look human, would it be possible for me, with the foreign soul to seamlessly integrate myself into this strange new world? Plains are the same, existence of the sun is too, but are the people?

I see an eerie looking plateau range up ahead with red swirls all over it. What's up with that?!

I need to make the decision where I will head to first.

Wait. What is my name?! God didn't even bother telling me that?!?! What If I run into somebody who knows me?! How irresponsible!

I suppose I will need to come up with a name for myself later. I really hope I can get away with immigration without a name.... But if this world has similar modernization levels to Earth, that wouldn't be very likely now would it?

Luckily, over the horizon in the other direction, I can see city walls. If the modernization is similar to that of Earth, the wall is the only thing that should be archaic. I can't really tell however because the city appears to be pretty far away, all the way embedded into the horizon. Seems big enough to hold a hundred thousand people! What a convenient landing point to learn my abilities!

_♦__________________________________________________♦_

A few hours later, I'm already trying to use my ability. I know how magic in fantasies work... but animators and comic writers normally have very different ideas on how magic should work, so I am quite puzzled on where to start.

Let's start with praying!

...

...

...Praying doesn't work. How embarrassing. If somebody was watching me, I'd totally flip out.

How about trying to concentrate and testing if I have some kind of "magic organ", to execute my demands? That's pretty common too, but normally has limitations.

It... worked?! Huzzah!!

What did I do? I lit up one blade of grass on fire. What a strange ability!

I can set blades of grass on fire! What progress!

Before I knew it, I realised that not only was the theory of "magic organ" completely incorrect, but the grass was setting itself on fire because I'm so horribly embarrassing.

Nature itself runs away in fear of my power!! I'm crying inside.

I try and try again, and before I know it, I discover that my power is... I don't have one. I'll have to experiment over the next few days but I don't want to act like one of those middle-schoolers who fake their powers and LARP; therefore, I will stop for now.

A few hours later, and the sun is dipping below the horizon. Then, a pair of moons appear from behind.

A PAIR?! What kind of strange orbit rules are these?! It seems the second moon is orbiting around the first quite quickly. If the second moon ever orbited in the direction of this planet, wouldn't the bigger moon effectively be a slingshot for a massive meteor and destroy this planet?? I ought to watch out for some random event in the future where my horrifying world-ending hypothesis may come true.

The fact is, if I can see the smaller moon from here, it means it's at least the size of 2-5 large countries from Earth. I'm trembling at the thought.

Silver lining is that the smaller moon is the same color. Who knows, maybe the second moon is connected to the first through some kind of invisible pole or rope.

I turn to see the city I was slowly heading towards light up slightly. Nice lights! I don't believe torches can do such a thing from this distance. At first, I was concerned with the lack of high-rise buildings towering above the town wall, but it seems they may just not be needed. I've never considered that option!

I point my finger up in front of my face, trying desperately to create a small flame, trying to consume different organs of my body to see if it'll work. What a horribly morbid promise to the Gods.

I was about half way through the list of organs, when a thought crossed my head. If I was capable of repeatedly consuming an organ of my body to produce magic or something similar, wouldn't it be something like my hair?

It turns out my guess was right.

I tried consuming one piece of hair on my head. How much hair do I have? I don't know, but I hear the average across all cultures is approximately one hundred thousand during adulthood. I can't see my hair to confirm the average amount of hair for my hair color, but when I was feeling my hair to see if i can look at it, I touched my forehead. It feels like there's some kind of gem on my forehead, connecting the bridge of my nose to my hair!

When the piece of hair I deigned to consume glowed yellow (after detaching from my head and floating in the air) and finally disappeared, a yellow exclamation box appeared in my vision. When I concentrated on it, an alert popped up saying "Redescription: Flame Finger!"

What?!

5