(Content Warning) Arc 1 Chapter 12: Masochism
229 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note

Spoiler
This chapter is longer. You will see why soon. I decided to rewrite over half of this chapter as well as eliminating the cringe quotes and spelling. Hopefully this resolves the issue of last chapter. My fixes and additions have nearly doubled the word count.

[collapse]

“Why the heck do you always have to brag in front of me?! Don't you know the advent of destruction is coming soon? Whenever I see you and you aren't fighting I just want to throw up.

The one doing the scolding is Kelly. The one getting scolded is Caal, a certain green-haired masochist.

“But it’s fun. Why stop something fun? Isn't bragging an art?”

“Do you have any idea how much pain the Demon King has put us through? Are you seriously going to just snub your nose at us?! I was really hoping you came from the demon continent to help, but I am starting to reconsider.”

“Oh, spare me. You just want to use me for my powers. I’m getting tired of being reprimanded because I want to see other people suffer.”

“What did you say?!?!”

Caal just realised that he opened up a can of worms. My oh my. “Pfft.”

“Why are you laughing??!!”

While Kelly and I are chatting, we feel some vibrations coming from the red mist mountain.

“Hmm, should I perhaps start with how the general populace has no knowledge of demons? That is a pretty good start. I constantly see war and famine and throughout my existence and I've not disliked any of it.”

“The heck?! Just stop the advent from happening!! You’re going to give me a heart attack! Why did you say nothing when half of our party got killed right in front of us?!”

Perhaps is it because I caused it?

She was obviously upset… I should probably stop messing around before this gets out of hand.

“I love getting punished for misbehaviour. As I've said multiple times when I posted the request, you really are on your own. I won't save you if you get attacked by this guy.”

My idea of stopping messing around is starting a new mess. New messes are fun.

“New guy? Wait... Oh no... Here it comes!!”

It’s a little upsetting that she’s on to my tactics. Once the red swirls started appearing, I could see a large demon in the distance. Pretty stereotypical. It appears to be wearing tattered armor mixed with some kind of alloy making it have orange veins and rune inscriptions. His face can only be described as "annoying". Typical two-fanged black pupil eyes and a couple of scar marks on its chin. Great sword on his back, big bulky muscles, horns on his head. Purple ski- Purple skin?! Let me at him.

Various other circumstances have brought me and Kelly here, but the conversation ended there due to her panic so I decided not to bring it up again.

“Hey purple demon dude, can I wear you?” I inquired.

“What the **** did you just say to me you stupid little ****?! This is the first time somebody had the gonads to straight up ask to wear my skin. You’re going to die first, you brat!!”

The demon was well aware that using a part of it to wear, ridiculous as it sounds is like a trophy to the winner of a death battle at high levels. It seems the demon has accepted my challenge.

“This demon is clearly stronger than me. Maybe I can muster some kind of Redescription to eliminate his foothold in advance.” I smilingly chanted to Kelly.

“Caal! You’re significantly more powerful than that!! Use your power before something happens, please!!”

“Gah… But I like pain and suffering. Taunting the strong to provoke them is one of my favorite things to do.”

As soon as I looked back at the demon, he already completely closed the distance.

It actually frightened me. Before this point, the demon was at the peak of the mountain ahead of us and I was at the foot. Apparently, Kelly did not hear the demon talk which means she's weak as hell. Stands no chance, yup.

To be more descriptive, Kelly could not from that distance. Even if she did, it's not like the demon would speak her language. She lacked the senses to both hear our conversation as well as interpreting its language.

What a lost cause!!


3rd Person Perspective

After the brief intermission between looking up and realising he didn’t have to look up anymore, Caal bent one of his feet, raised his other foot and used this leverage to duck and realised that Kelly had already been sliced in half.

"What a fool. At this point, the request seems to be pointless." thought Caal.

“Ooo. Powerful.” Caal couldn’t help snickering at the party member he had been assigned getting mercilessly cut down by a demon 10 times stronger than her.

“Do you have no empathy for her?! I just ended some girl’s life in front of you!” Obviously the demon didn't care, Caal was just getting probed for his emotions.

“I love watching people suffer. It gives me pleasure as well as entertainment.”

"What kind of reprehensible wretch is this?! Even the demons aren’t this twisted!!" thought the demon.

As the demon was slicing down and sideways at Caal, Caal was dodging by a thin margin every time. Hair, hands, feet, basically anything that would normally be vulnerable in a close dodge all seemed to dodge easily.

“I was prepared for many things today. I have to say, a team member who hates his own teammate, especially one who was a woman was not one of the things I was prepared to witness.”

The demon's expression didn't change at all. Caal activated mysterious magic multiple times to barely dodge the demon's attacks on purpose.

Caal uses his hand to parry the massive great sword while his fingers are glowing various shiny colors.

Caal's index finger was green, middle finger was yellow, ring finger was blue, pinky purple and thumb white. Each one has its own effect. Caal slashes at the sword and gives cracks on its surface and the demon shows a worried expression.

As Caal was parrying and dodging, “Did you expect me to buy that you felt bad for her? I like seeing my party members getting slaughtered, even better when I am teamed with them for an important request.”

The demon kept his stone face and shot back, “This dialogue simply served as a test to see if you have a soul in that blackened heart of yours. In my case though, for me that would be a compliment.” The demon looks like an angel in comparison.

The demon was starting to use its fists and shot it up and down, each being dodged as well. When the demon repeated this action but with a feint black glow on his fists and arms, Caal seemed to whisk in and out of existence repeatedly to avoid the blasts.

The demon noticed however that every time he did Caal's white glowing thumb would glow briefly.

"Must be a teleportation racial trait. This pest is really ticking me off." thought the demon.

“Don’t forget, you just so happen to be the one who slaughtered her.” The smirk not disappearing from his face, Caal shot back while keeping one hand behind his back at all times. Of course, he was switching, but he was also dancing from left to right, dodging swing after blow after swing. As Caal was pondering how to conclude the fight, “Are you trying to blame a demon for murder? This is quite entertaining, human. Praise me more!” As the demon said this, it was glowing more and more red and black as an aura danced around its skin.

“Regardless of if I found it entertaining or not, you still did it.”

“Hyahahaha!! You squirm nicely. I’d love to kill you here but it appears that for me that feat is impossible.” the demon finally stated.

Caal suddenly sharply smirked to the demon, looking slightly irritated. The glow in his hands have vanished.

“... Ah… So you’ve realised…”

After a short pause, Caal retorted.

"Petulant demon. I will show you how much information you lack once this is over."

“Of course I have noticed it. You are many hundreds of times more powerful than I am, perhaps even more. That or you have a ridiculous unrestrained ability that lets you change the course of a fight in less time than it takes me to blink. My senses cannot fool me, it was like this before the battle began. I charged at you because I sensed my imminent demise.”

“Of course, I've been simply hiding my power. I don't need to use the powers of a tiger to defeat an ant.”

Caal was slicing at the demon’s armor with his hand, while the demon was slicing at Caal with its sword at full strength.

“Grrahh!!!”

“Oops…”

The mountain range suddenly became a plateau range after Caal missed for the first time. The unrelenting aura of his slash shot forward and cut the top of the nearby mountains clean off.

“You dare be this brazen… How will I cover this up?! If this bagworm demon dares dodge another one of my attacks I'll completely decimate and slaughter your entire race.” Caal's entire hand started to glow cyan and his nails glowed white. Various pattern tattoos started to appear starting from his nails down and working its way to an origin inscription on the back of his palm.

After quickly crossing his hands into an X, Caal suddenly changed the floor under the demon with ice, and impaled it with white lightning.

The demon struggled for a while and screamed then its body started to break into pieces. Blood didn't erupt anywhere, it seemed more like dark stone chunks.

While the spell was dissipating, Caal suddenly noticed the clouds were darkening.

I didn't cause that, right? What is it?

Then, suddenly Caal was enveloped in a massive light beam from the sky! A hole was punched from the dark dense clouds to reveal the clear sky above it.

Caal couldn’t feel himself able to move! This is the first time any being has had this type of ability.

“What is… this?” Caal was confused, looking at his hands as the glow disappeared from it gradually.

“YOU, are going to hell.” Replied the female voice immediately from the sky.

Of course, I have many ways to break out of thi-

“GYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” Caal's voice gradually quietted as his soul was sapped and whisked away.

“That was certainly too close. To think I, the Goddess of this world was almost bested by a mere mortal without a fight. I must revise the type of person who is allowed to use this vessel. I will not repeat the mistake of letting the world choose for itself.”


Spoiler

Name: Caal

Race: Unknown                Level: Unknown (??%)

Known Jobs / Titles:

  • Finger Elemental

[JOB] User has practiced finger elemental powers. To acquire this job, user must recognize all possible elements with no omissions or additions as well as contain an overwhelmingly powerful racial ability. The final requirement is to accept this job when it is offered.

  • Hero

The bearer of this title is recognized as a hero to the realm of light. Has no special effects.

  • Adventurer of High Reputation

This is a title that replaces all other "Adventurer" titles. It is used to represent an Adventurer of such a high reputation that they are recognized and accepted as "high class".

Title Effects

- Can accept any request.

- Not inhibited by any guild or higher power (For this requirement, must be recognized by the higher powers as well.)

- Failed requests do not affect this title, as the previous requirement has been met.

- Authority to refuse or cancel any nominated request is granted to the bearer of this title.

Title is has been given or is effective in these regions

South Fare Kingdom, Fairy Castle, Elven Citadel, Dwarven Deep Undergound, Batarian Embassy, Stardust Republic, Three City, Saren Kingdom, One Realm

  • Bearer of the "Advent of Destruction"

This is a title given to those who are subject to the "Advent of Destruction" global event.

Title Effects

- Bearer of this title is trackable by all demons. Title cannot be removed.

 

HP: ??? / ???            MP: ??? / ??? (+???)

 

Known Racial Unique Skills: Redescription, Ruler's Magic Eyes, Intrinsic Instinct

Skills (??? / 1,000,000,000):

  • Elemental Fingers (Frigidity, Discordant Terra, Kinetic Disposition, Compression, Light Alteration) [999,725,000 MP+]

  • ...

[collapse]
2