Chapter 21
609 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dark and cold feeling, cold enough to make a person's bones freeze from the inside and dark enough that dark itself is getting devoured.

“Did you hear me?”

What is this feeling?

“Be smart and surrender quietly!”

She hasn’t made any movement yet but why is it getting harder and harder to breathe?

…Yeah, I can see why the others called me dumb, I didn’t have any special sixth sense, so I could understand why I didn’t run away that moment.

“Why are you not saying anything?”

She hasn’t moved yet but this pressure I’m feeling is heavy, should I run?

I should’ve listened 

No! I have to complete the mission given by the pope!

No matter how many times I watch, this feeling of fear never disappears.

The girl didn’t say anything she toss the sword back to Benjamin, walking towards the side and rubbing her hand on the edge of a ledge she sighed.

“The church already discovered this place, I have to move, luckily they only sent out one holy knight.”

Finally getting a hold of his sword a smile appear on his face.

“Huh? What did you say? Thinking of running? Sorry to tell you that not possible.”

I should’ve run away.

Taking his sword, darting towards the girl he lifted off the ground swinging his sword downwards.

The girl had a green look on her face, she was disgusted.

“You humans truly don’t know what is good for you!”

Tch, Lord Rose, it seems like your plan would have to wait even longer.

Her name is Tress although she looked similar to a human she was nowhere a human.

Tress raised her hand and a dark barrier block Benjamin’s attack easily, causing Benjamin to be slightly knocked.

Using the opportunity to launch her attack she sent a punch into his stomach.

Clank!

The sound of Benjamin amour could be heard bending.

“Argh!”

A burst of pain bombed Benjamin's, blood started pouring out from his side. 

Falling into his knees, holding where he was hit at Benjamin took a deep breath just before screaming.

“Shut it.”

Stopping him right there Tress closed, Benjamin's jaw nearly breaking most of his teeth. 

Ruthlessly grabbing him by the ear she pulled with all of her force ripping them from his head.

Tossing them aside she said as a nasty smile appeared on her face.

“We still have time, how about we go at it?”

“…w..h..t” 

Benjamin barely could hear a thing she said, all he could hear is a constant ringing sound but seeing how she was smiling Benjamin's body rattled.

Trying his best to stand up, Benjamin suddenly heard a snap, falling to the ground Benjamin looking at both of his knees were broken.

His first reaction was to scream how we just before he could Tress grabbed Benjamin by the back of the head she slammed his face into the wall breaking his nose and then breaking his arms.

His vision became blurry. 

Looking at the figure standing in front of him.

Tress placed her hand over his head, releasing a black fog that swallowed Benjamin's body.

Benjamin made a horrifying shriek, a few minutes has passed and the fog disappear only leaving a black rotten body.

“This is my blessing, I hope you like you~”

[Ding! The race has now changed into Zombie swordsman!]

[Ding! You have been hit with the magic called, [Soul lock]]

[Ding! Your soul is now unable to move and is now sealed!]

[Ding! Now replaying moment before death!]

Hearing the notifications Tress chuckled, getting ready to leave the cave something caught her eye.

Checking the pockets of Benjamin, she felt a sharp pain.

It can't be...

Falling from his pocket, a pearl.

***

[Ding! You have learned [Death magic: Darkness strings] and [Martial art: 10 fists of darkness]

Black strings circled Seth's body while in his mind a black silhouette performed 10 fists of darkness.

Hmm well, there goes 200 devour points I was saving…

Seth is now on the 5th floor, he was currently sitting on a chair made of bones, although he doesn’t mind sitting on the floor Alexandra suggested that he shouldn’t just sit anywhere.

What does she mean by that exactly? He doesn’t know.

Placing his hand underneath his chin, Seth snapped his finger.

[Death magic: Darkness strings]

A thin string, hardly visible to the naked eye, playing around on the tips of Seth's finger.

Flicking his finger the strain of strings flown out, Seth felt his mana decreases as the length of the string increased.

“Is that a new skill?” 

Alexandra suddenly asked.

“Yes, I just brought it, it called [Darkness string]”

After he said that Alexandra jumped up, looking closely at Seth she asked.

“What does it do?”

“Hmm, nothing much I’ll say it’s pretty useless for me, the reason why I brought was that it seem interesting.”

However, I do hope this skill isn’t all that useless maybe it will become handy in the future…

It did cost 100 devour points.

12