Chapter 22
245 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“To be a great hero, you must be strong and considerate!” 

Jake shouted. “To the ordinary people, the soldiers, and even the king you are a figure to be looked up at and admired!”

Suddenly stopping, he raised his finger “But never let people's admiration get to your head.”

After saying that Jake grabs a wooden sword.

“For today's goal, I want you to swing the sword…five hundred times!”

“What!? F-five hundred? Don’t you think a bit too much for me?”

Currently, he has a strength of fifty, for him, five hundred swings are pretty much child’s play.

Nodding his head. “Either that or you fight me.” 

 

Jake thought it was bothersome to explain, folding his arms, he stomped his feet.

BOOM!

A crack appeared under him.

Remembering the spar they had a few days ago Christian smiled helplessly.

He’s not asking nor telling me, it's either you do this or get beaten up again.

With a reluctant smile. “Yes sir!”

*******

“Your majesty…do you think it is the best to leave it to Sir Jake?”

A noble in green clothing questioned. 

Jake is known throughout the entire kingdom for his harsh training methods.

“I have faith in my captain.” The King said undoubtedly.

The noble wanted to change the decision of the King.

He gave in many different suggestions all of which he thinks would be a better fit.

But ultimately he refused. Raising his hand the King glanced at the noble.

Then he angrily said. “So you think my way of handling this is wrong?” 

Clenching the end of his chair, he shouted. “Answer me!”

Yes, I think so! That is what he wanted to say but he dares not to say it out loud. 

Bowing his head. “Your majesty, please forgive this lowly one.” 

Releasing his gaze, he began to speak. “I know your worries, but time is not on our side at the moment.” 

Sighing in his heart he continued. “I don’t care what method he uses everything will be of access to him!”

The quicker the better. I can’t let the pope strength raise again!

The pope is a cunning old man, nothing but a wall blocking my way.

In terms of power, I am inferior, in terms of control again I am inferior!

Why does he have so much power while I only the hand have nothing but a throne!

Standing from sit, with a wave of his hand he shouted.

“Send a message to Leader of the knights, tell him I said he is permitted to explore the dungeons!

*******

It took five hours for Christian to finish his exercise.

“Ha…ha…did you see that? I’m finished!” With a hint of pride in his exhausted eyes, he collapsed.

Jake stood with his arms still crossed, and shake his head.

Falling to the ground after a simple work out?

The normal knights would have finished this in a few minutes.

“I have a message from the king!”

From the king? I wonder what he want. “Speak.”

Nodding his head, the courier said.

“The King has given you permission to use the dungeon to aid the hero’s training!”

A surprise look appear on Jake face.

“The king said that? Are you sure?” He’s usually caution…

Grabbing the courier shoulders. He said in a threatening tone. “Your not playing me are you?”

Quickly shaking his head the courier said. “Everything is real!”

Is that so? Jake decided not to question it and just went with it.

Hmm, should I bring him in a dungeon today or tomorrow?

Tapping Christian with his feet and seeing that he didn’t move right away, he decided.

Tomorrow it is!

Telling one of the nearby knights to bring Christian away, Jake left.

The next day early in the morning.

Christian came out of his room wearing a gold amour. 

The plating were sliver and white with a whitish gold cross place in the middle. 

Jake currently waiting for Christian to come out of his room.

Throwing a small bag at Christian, he said.

“This is a storage bag and an expensive one at that, as in the name implies you can storage things.”

That’s it? What up with that mediocre explanation…

Christian wanted to ask more about  it but stopped, instead he ask where are we going.

Jake nodded his head and slowly said.

“We are heading to a dungeon, the King wanted you to experience killing early and thought it would be for the best.”

Of course that is a lie but he doesn’t need to know.

“Huh?”

7