Chapter 08
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sharpen the blade….?”

Hoire shrugged his shoulders.

“That’s right!”

“But what am I supposed to sharpen here, if it’s already fixated?”

Hoire narrowed his distance to Emiru, and started explaining, with both of his arms folded to each other.

“Muramasa was an artifact made by our ancestors. Unlike normal long swords, Muramasa has thin edge, but since it’s brittleness was high. The sword was capable of cutting an iron builder in half within millimeter seconds.”

“Hmmmmmm…….”

Emiru stared deeply at the edge of the blade, before turning his gaze to Hoire.

“So all I have to do is hammer it down?”

“Correct!”

Emiru doubted his eyes, as he stared into the eyes of Hoire.

‘Why is this old man became so useful all of the sudden?’

Gulp….

Emiru swallowed down his saliva, thereafter gripped his hand into his hammer. He focused all his mind into the hammer and the blade, as he fell in unconsciousness state. All his surroundings vanished without a sign, all he can see and hear was his breathe, hammer and the blade.

‘Ho~~! What a great concentration!’

Hoire touched his beard, as his eyes burned with interest.

Emiru rose his hand with a hammer, and started hammering.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

Emiru hold down with his all might the blade using the iron grip, and hammered it down at every angle with care.

T-tang! T-tang!

Top, bottom. His hammer collided with the blade, down from the start, to the edge of the sword. Every time his hammer hit the blade, he concentrated his sight at every angle of the blade.

Must be thin…

…And, equal size.

T-tang! T-tang!

He kept hitting until the sword became thin. Even though it’s his first time, the way he hammered the blade wasn’t like a move of a novice.

Hoire looked with surprised.

‘His hands were so delicate, as if he’s handling a water, in a river flow.’

*****

 

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

The sound of hammer colliding with iron continued. Time had passed, and the night became dark. The clouds in the sky resemble a pit of darkness.

Before long, Hoire closed his shop. But he didn’t stop Emiru from hammering, instead continued to observe him.

Soon enough, the sun rose and broke through the darkness, yet Hoire smiting place still shrouded with darkness.

Hoire opened the doorway to gasp some fresh air. Sunlight passed through the curtain, showing a man in his 20’s with black hair.

‘I can’t believe it. He’s still hammering.’

Hoire blinked his eyes, as he show sign of being deep asleep. His eyes became dark circles after watching Emiru hammered the blade fortnight. He took a nap, after the night became darker, yesterday midnight. He thought soon the young lad will finish the blade, but to think that it took until daylight. He couldn’t believe his eyes.

He watched the back of the young lad, as it continued hammering. Only to hear a scream.

“Finally!”

*****

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

How long it has been.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

All I’ve been hearing is the sound hammer colliding with iron, like forever, as if it has no end.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

Neither I could see, nor hear the surrounding. Only the feeling of becoming one with a hammer, and kept hitting myself into a iron. 

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

As my sweat poured down my forehead. All I could think of is hammering.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

Like a curse of never ending story. I felt like I’ve been longing for this curse to end.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

Midnight came, the sky became more darker.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

My body’s feeling sore, as my stamina slowly being depleted.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

But no matter what I did, nor think.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

My body won’t stop.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

Before I knew it, the birds outside were chirping. Perhaps the sun has come?

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

As the sunlight past through the curtain, I began to recover my hearing.

T-tang! T-tang! T-tang!

The moment that my hammering stopped, something shocked my eyes.

The blade that I’ve been hitting for fortnight, started gleaming in red light. 

I forced my weakened body to stood up, and took the hilt on the left side.

Even though not knowing how to attach it, my hand moves in it’s own, comparable to life and death situation natural instinct.

The dark colored hilt, was connected to the blade. After a few hits, no matter how I shook it, It doesn’t move an inch. proof that, it’s connected in a right way.

As my dark circled eyes gazed upon the blade. A notification popped out.

I couldn’t help smiling, as I looked into the detail of notification.

[Congratulations! You’re the first person to make a ‘Legendary’ rated item.]

[Increased Permanent by 25 stats, to all stats. Fame throughout the continent increased by 20.]

[The title: ‘First to make a Legendary rated’ was added.]

I felt like all the hard work I’ve done until present, has been answered.

My mind became blank, as I checked the description of the sword of Muramasa.

I’ve been overjoyed, after hearing the words, ‘Legendary rated’ earlier, and couldn’t wait to see, how overpowered the sword is.

“Finally!”

As a word of joy broke out my mouth.

The description of the sword appeared before eyes.

3