MoC 2
1.9k 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 2

Christopher sleep till afternoon. He rose up and watched his surroundings. It's now 5 pm, the sun was reddish and starting to sink at the back of the mountains. 

He stood and realized one thing. This was reality, he reincarnated inside a body of a mob, and he'll never return to his original world.

"…I'm sorry Mom. Looks like I'll never see you again. Dad, please help Mom. I know she'll be sad if she learns that I'm dead"

Tears fell on his eyes and his vision blurred. He covered his face and fall on his knees. He didn't know what to do. He cried like a child.

………………

When the night came, Christopher heard a knock and look at his door. He wiped his wet face and stand up.

"Who's there?"

"Young Master, the dinner is already set. Your Father wants to eat together with you."

The maid told his Father's request.

"Tell my father that I'll be there. I'll just change my clothes."

"Yes Young Master"

He took off his shirt and changed to a new one. He looked at the mirror and saw his face. Swollen red eyes and pale color skin. 

"Sigh."

He took a breath and step forward. No matter what he does, he couldn't disguise his tired appearance. When he reached the large dining hall, he saw his family waiting for him. 

Christopher was the only child of the family... Something unfortunate happened, that's why he's the ONLY son. He's the current successor, but he didn't act like one. He loves to play around and he always went to brothels and bars. 

"Haaahh"

Christopher sighed, he couldn't believe that his character creation would bite back at him. Now, he's playing the role of a bastard. 

'I love liquors, but I don't go to brothels. I go to Bars and love parties, but I don't like doing those one night stand. I'm scared of STD.'

He took the knife and fork to slice some meat, but he doesn't have the time to eat it cause the Countess interrogate him.

"Honey, how's your day? I heard you returned drunk again. Hm?"

The Countess gave him a menacing glare. Christopher thought of a good excuse before answering.

"Don't worry Mother. That will be the last time you'll see me returning drunk. I'll never visit any Bars, Tavern, and Brothels ever again!"

*Clank!*

A utensil fell off the hand of Countess Mellwood. She couldn't believe what she heard. Even the Count received a shock when Christopher said those words.

"M- my son, is that true!? Men must never break their promise! So if you're only talking just to deceive us then please stop this utter annoyance."

"No Father, I'm serious. I realized that I've done many sins to you and Mother. That's why from now on, I'll  be a good son."

"I see… it looks like you've become mature. Perhaps, you realized your mistakes when you cried earlier."

His father looked at him. A maid told him that his son was wailing inside his room earlier. 

"Y- yes, Father"

Christopher smile in embarrassment. He doesn't know that his father learned about his bawling. 

'ugh, I should've kept my voice low…'

"Honey… I'm happy that you realized what you've done. We are the Mellwood, we are the sword of the Empire. We are the protector of Entei from the Inaudible Plain."

"Thanks, Mother. I promise that I'll change for the better. I'll hone myself to be the right successor of Mellwood. I know that I can't hold a sword anymore, but this time I'll never give up."

"Hahaha, that's the spirit son!"

For the first time, the Mellwood had a peaceful and proper dinner. They didn't scold Christopher in fact, they encourage him to change. 

…………………

"Inaudible Plain huh, if my memory was right, that's the place where the Heart of Death Necromancer buried in. Many undead skeletons appear on that region…"

Christopher was lying down on his bed. He tried to recall what he had written about the Inaudible Plain.

' It was one of the places where the protagonist will fight the Dark Side. He will learn that the Dark Side needs to find an artifact, the Heart of Death. The protagonist beats them and destroyed the heart. Since then, the Inaudible Plain has become peaceful. The skeletons vanished and the plain became usable. This cause the Entei City, my Father's domain, to prosper. It started to prosper after the Civil War...'

"…How about I use this information to solve my current standing… nevermind.  Right now, I'm sure that the Dark Side is currently inside the Plain. They must be searching for the hidden Tomb. It's dangerous to fight them. I don't even have any powers sigh, I hope I become an Awakener… wait a minute!"

Christopher got up and think about his predicament. 

"I transmigrated, which means I'll get some special ability right? Perhaps a leveling system or an OP ability like gluttony… okay let's do it! System on! Power! Special Ability! Come on wake up my special power!!"

He tried everything but to no avail.  He didn't get anything. 

"Damn, why? I thought I'll have at least some attack skill."

He's lucky that the workers were now sleeping and no one saw his odd behavior. 

"Oh Come on, just give me anything. Is there any Goddess out there? Please give me anything…"

He shouted at the ceiling hoping that some deities will hear his wish.

"Tch… it looks like my only power is my knowledge. But it's not enough. Two years from now, a large war will cover the Continent and I need the power to protect my new family."

Christopher struggled to find an answer. He knew that a big conspiracy will collapse this country, the Cransia Empire.  This would cause the Western Continent to face another war.

"I need something…"

He stayed awake, he knew what would happen in the future, but he didn't have enough power to prevent it. Even if he asks his Father he's sure that it's not enough and he didn't want his Father to be part of this. He already experienced what it means to lose a family, he didn't want to feel it again.

"Well, if I don't have the strength, I'll just get it on someone. How about the protagonist?"

The only one who could prevent the disaster was the Protagonist. He's Derik's masterpiece. He can save the Continent.

"He's the hero I created. He will be the savior of this world."

Christopher fell asleep when he realized that it's already late. His dream to become a superhero was denied when he learned that he didn't have any powers. He's half-right, he doesn't have powers, but he had his knowledge. Christopher's body begun to glow. A mechanical voice can be heard in the background.

[ Installing Auburn War… calculating time… two hours to finish the process.]

35