MoC 7
1.1k 10 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7

Zeta struggled to walk, he saw a dark alley and hide. 

"Kuck, ugh!"

He touched his left arm, fortunately, it's not fatal. He cut his clothes to tie his injuries tightly. 

"That f*ck*rs!!! Gahh!!"

He shouted, but his injuries ache again.

"I will kill all of you, I promise. I swear to the Apostle that I'll kill the two of you!!"

He opened his pocket and took a healing potion. He drunk it to diminish his wounds and stop the bleeding.

"… Kuck!!"

The aftereffect of Yuusha's gift was straining his body movements. He decided to stay here and rest.

"What do we have here?"

Some thugs appeared and saw that Zeta was lying on the ground bleeding.

"Kukuku do you need help, sir?"

The thugs were lucky they have now another easy money. Four days ago, they stole a golden watch and wallet full of gold from a sleeping man. Now, they saw another opportunity to earn money. 

"Big bro, I think this man is rich. He just gulped a high-class potion earlier."

"Is that so kukuku. Inspect his body I believe we hit the jackpot this time. And Sir, don't fight back or else, you'll gain another wound from us"

The thugs came close, but Zeta laughed.

"Kukukuhahahaha. I'm lucky!"

"No, sir, we are the lucky ones."

Big bro denied him.

"No you're wrong, I'm lucky. I'm actually hungry right now and I need to eat. So thank you for the meal!"

Zeta jumped up and bit the neck of a thug. The thug tried to resist, but his flesh came off.

"Ahhh!! Help me-!!"

*Crunch!*

"W-what this! Heretics!! He's a fallen one!!"

Realizing that Zeta was a man-eater. The group of thugs tried to run, leaving their one member dismantled by the eater. However, they failed to escape. Their feet exploded and blood gushed out of the alley. 

"Ahhhh!!! My feet!!"

"Kukuku you can't escape this place alive. Hm, how many are you? 1,2,3…7 huh. I got lucky hehe. You will become my nutrition to heal my injuries. Let's start the feast!!"

"Aahhhhhh!!!"

 The followers of 'True Apostle'. They were a group of people that consists of criminals, fallen nobles, slaves, and normal citizens. They look ordinary and you couldn't identify them easily. The only knowledge that people knew about them was they were lunatics and they eat human flesh. 

This was the Gift that they received from the 'True Apostle'. Whenever they eat humans, they would regain their strength and energy. The wounds that they receive would be healed and their youthfulness would return. Many followers had different reasons why they join. For women, they want to regain or maintain their beautiful appearance. For men, they want to become immortal.

"Mmm, tasty! Nothing beats a delicious dinner made from fresh young men!!"

Zeta licked his stained fingers. He stood up and thought about his recent predicament. 

"Now… what do I need to do? Will I take revenge or return to the Inaudible Plain?…"

Killing Yuusha and Pablo was impossible because he was alone and they were two. He would die if he confronts them. 

He couldn't return to the Plain because he would be lost in that land. The distortion magic would misguide him. 

"For now I need to meet the reinforcement and then we'll go to the Inaudible Plain and wait when Captain finish the expedition."

………………… 

When Derik started this novel, he only did it for fun. He named the Protagonist Yuusha Seigi because he thought it was awesome. But when his novel garnered many audiences and his maturity grown up. He realized that his decision… was wrong/right. Many readers and authors make fun of his novel because of the MC's name. However, this decision made his novel famous… though he was dying in embarrassment whenever he saw comments about the MC's name.

'I wish I could turn back time and change his name.'

"Oh, so you are Yuusha and this is Pablo… I can't believe the second son of Duke Zarasa is an… uncaring man."

Pablo reacted to his comment. He hates it whenever someone makes fun of him. Despite clenching his fist, he didn't do anything because he knew that he was the wrong one. Though he countered that accusation.

"… I'm sorry for leaving an impression like this, but I never thought that I will meet the younger brother of Vincent the Hero here."

Pablo knew that Christopher was a bastard and drunkard. He's famous in the Capital for being a Failure Warrior.

"Oh, thank you. This is my Father's territory, so I have the responsibility to visit and scan my soon to be land."

Christopher was matured, the two consciousness inside his mind made him smart in this tongue fight. 

"Since the two of you are looking for a place to sleep, how about you stay in our mansion?"

Christopher offered his hospitality.

"My apologies, but I need to decline. We can find our own room and we don't want to disturb the Mellwood."

"I'm not doing this to help. What I'm saying is I need to capture the two bastards who were responsible for destroying an Entei's property. And you cannot say no."

Christopher looked eye to eye with Pablo, he presented his menacing eyes and never back down.

"Ugh…"

Pablo felt guilty, he's an aristocrat. The teachings that Duke Zarasa taught to him still lingers inside his head. 

'A Noble must serve the citizens.'

Pablo respected that teaching and he loyally followed it, but his principles were f*cked up. 

He's a follower of the Goddess of Wisdom. The Goddess gave him a Gift that could detect dark feelings inside the body of a person. 

The darkness represents the sins that a person committed. That's why when he saw the dude harassing the waitress, he immediately killed it. He saw that the man was vile. He raped many women and killed them after doing the deed. 

'Those kind of men needs to die. They don't have the privilege to enter the Goddesses Palace.'

"Follow me, we will use my carriage to transport you."

Currently, Pablo was looking at Christopher's Aura. He couldn't see any darkness…

Yuusha and Pablo decided to follow him. 

26