MoC 17
757 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

17

The celebration day comes. The Count's birthday is grandiose. The Count is happy about the recent events that happened inside his territory. 

The Inaudible Plain can be made as another route which will make their land to prosper. They only need to advertise the Plain and many merchants will surely use it. 

The Plain is faster than the route that they're currently using. They need to travel mountains to deliver their products, but the Inaudible Plain is flat. The travel will go smoothly, they only need to fix the old road and patrol the place to show securities. Comparing the time and income, the merchants will surely use the Plain instead of the mountain route. 

Veronica is happy that her husband is in good mood. She never wish for better because she already have it. 

As for Christopher, he is standing in the corner. He's nervous. His last attend in a social gathering like this is when he's 17, four years already passed. He doesn't know what to do, as for his other ego, Derik is inexperience about this. 

'I only know how to talk in bar…'

He thought. 

He didn't realize that many nobles are looking at him. This is their first time seeing Christopher attending after many years. They never knew that the failure son of Mellwood has grown handsome. 

Almost all of the young ladies were looking at him. They blushed whenever they see him smile, however they never know that his smile is actually force. In conclusion, Christopher is an Ekimen who's nervous in this kind of party. 

A woman brave herself and talk to Christopher. 

"Ehem, Hello, I'm Serene Ashway. I- I'm the third daughter of Count Ashway. M- May I ask Young Master Christopher for a dance?"

Many 'tch' when they saw the woman made her first move. They knew about Christopher's past, but this doesn't change the fact that he will become the next Count. The second and third daughters wants him. His title is enough to satisfy their greed. 

Christopher look at her and declines. 

"I'm sorry Miss Serene but I believe  my dancing is mediocre. I don't want to disgrace you."

He lower his head, he doesn't have any bad intentions. He's just afraid that another gossip will circulate inside the nobles, saying that Christopher sucks at dancing. Let's say he didn't want to be the topic if rumors. Besides, he really sucks in dancing. 

'I got two left feet…' He thought. 

"T-thats fine how about we-"

An older woman came in and glare at Serene, this girl's behavior is audacious. How can she let a good prey escape her reach? This man will marry her daughter!

"Hello Young Master Christopher. I'm  Countess Lays, your Mother is one if my friend... Actually, I have a favour, my daughter wants to visit your garden but she's shy. Can you help her?"

"As you wish, I will take her."

Christopher agreed immediately. He is not good in socializing and he actually wants to escape, but he's afraid that his Father's reputation will be tarnished. However, now he has a good excuse to leave. 

He took the daughter to the garden. 

Christopher never thought that the ladies inside the banquet are having regrets right now. He didn't notice it, he's busy about being a good son instead of finding his partner. 

For now, Christopher will never open his heart to anyone. 

………………………

Nighttime. The Banquet was already finished. There are only small number of nobles inside the mansion. They are nobles under  Marquis Fillan. The East side of the Cransia Empire is called Patag Region, it's the region where the Entei City reside in. Marquis Fillan is the leader of this region. Their group is having a discussion about the Inaudible Plain.

Count Mellwood and Marquis Fillan are best friends. After their Fathers died in the war, they took over the leadership. They are brothers in arm, when the Continental War was at its peak the two were always protecting each other's back. In that war, the two were called Heroes, they received a medal of honor for bringing victories. 

They were war heroes which means they are strong. These two are Rara Avis Warriors, they have manifested their Auras inside the War. 

Rara Avis are warriors that have the power to release their Aura inside their bodies. They are Master on their own. 

Currently the nobles are talking about the Inaudible Plain. They are having conversations about what's the best move they can do. Entei City is not the only one who will prosper, the whole Region is. 

It's midnight when the meeting was finished, they are tired but happy. They knew that what they were doing will enrich their region so they find it worth it. 

After the meeting, Charles decided to call his son. Fortunately, Christopher is awake. 

Christopher open the door and saw that there's another person inside. It's the Marquis. Christopher lower his head and greet his uncle. 

" You don't need to do that. We are just three people inside this room, so you don't have to. "

Marquis Fillan chuckle and wave his hand, he's actually a carefree person. He's only serious whenever he's in the Capital where many hyenas resides in.  

"Yes Mar- yes uncle."

"Hahaha, that's good. You grown up as a fine man."

"Ugh"

Marquis slapped his back. As a warrior, his power weight a ton. Christopher thought he'll cough blood.

"My son, I call you here because I have a job for you... It depends on you if you'll accept it or not. I won't force you."

"Y- yes, Father!"

Christopher stands straight, his heart skipped when he heard that his Father wants something from him. 

"Gahaha you don't need to be afraid. Your Father just wants you to visit the Capital with me. He's going to be busy, you know about the Inaudible Plain right? Then you know that someone needs to manage it."

Charles nodded. 

"Marquis Fillan is right. I need you to go to the Capital as my substitute. Don't worry, you won't do anything hard. Marquis will be here to solve that problem for you. "

"I will bring Marlon so you will not be bored. I learn that young ones are afraid to an old like me because my face is scary… anyway you will not do anything. You just need to show yourself. As the next Count, I believe it's not a problem right?"

Marquis slapped his back again and Christopher flinched. He feels like his lungs will come out. His face is frowning, but he control his expression. 

"Father, Uncle I will do it. I believe the time to hide is already over, I'll face the Capital. I may have been a failure as a warrior, but I will do my best to become a good successor!"

"Hahaha that's what I'm talking about! Charles, your son is maturing!"

"Okay, okay! So don't slap me!"

Charles shoved his shoulder to defend himself, Marquis failed to smash the man. They didn't realize that Christopher's expression is odd. 

' Capital huh, I already planned to go there to save her, but I never thought that my Father will assign a job for me… this is good. I'm not sure if the Novel is controlling this situation, but I guess I just need to ride the flow.'

Christopher clenched his fist.

'This time, I will save you Aria.'

24