MoC 39
620 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

39

Many gasped when they saw the Princess greeting Christopher with manners. Aria actually practiced the curtsey till her back ached. She didn't want Christopher to think that she's unladylike. 

The females were surprised that the tyrant Princess could curtsey. Christopher smiled and bow too, he's just a son of Count. He needs to show respect to the Princess of Empire. Marlon saw that the Princess was fidgeting showing her glaring eyes. Marlon immediately understood her. Before he leaves, Christopher inserted a piece of small paper into his pocket. 

Marlon bowed and left the two. 

Christopher and Aria were now alone. The nobles murmured saying their opinion. They realized that they witnessed the changing of Princess. They had another rumor to gossip about. Especially the females. 

Christopher saw their reactions. He believed that this was not the place for them to talk. He asked the Princess to leave the banquet, perhaps they could go to the garden or terrace. 

However, before they depart. Two women blocked their way. Aria's stomach begun to knit. She knew these girls. They're the daughter of Duke Zarasa and Duke Caparal. These two girls hate the Princess.

 Katie, the daughter of Caparal, remembered how this Princess bullied her by asking to take her favorite pet, Penni. Thankfully the Empress was there to pacify the situation. 

Penni, the Pomeranian puppy, received some bruises when the Princess tried to take her. Katie's heart hurts whenever she thought about it. Penni was the gift that her lost lover gave to her. 

 As for Teresa, the youngest daughter of Duke Zarasa, she just wanted to mock the Princess because she hurt her friend. 

The Empire had three Dukes, The Duke of Zarasa that manage the upper region, their climate was cold but their territory was full of resources of gems and stone because of their mines. Right now, the territory was the main source of iron and steel. Duke Saraza was the trusted man of the Emperor. 

The second was the Duke of Caparal that guarding the western region, their land was near the sea, their main source of income was fishing and trading. The Duke Caparal owned a marine fleet that travels the Eastern and Western Continent back and forth. Duke Caparal was 41 years old and he was still an Intermediate Mahikero but he was talented in economics. 

The third was the Duke of Obata, they reside close to the center of the Empire. Duke Obata was the father of Luze. In his territory, a Gate of teleportation could be seen. It's the place that Christopher and the others used when they travel to the Capital. Duke Obata would arrive after three days because he was busy. 

"Good evening, Princess Aria, I'm happy that your well-being is fine. You look wonderful in your dress."

"Thank you…"

Teresa praised her dress, Aria couldn't help but say her thanks. She knew that this woman had a glib tongue. Teresa was the leader of the young ladies, just like her oldest brother she was talented in socializing.

Katie bow but her eyes were sad. She didn't know what feelings does she needs to show. 

'Christopher……'

She glanced at the man, Christopher smiled at her. Mixed emotions were filling her heart. She recalled his older brother. 

"Hello miss Katie."

Katie Caparal, the fiance of his brother. If Vincent was alive, then they should have married. They love each other, in fact, Vincent was the one who gave the Pomeranian dog to Katie. Christopher was with his brother when they chose the breed to give her as a present. 

Right now, Katie was still not opening her heart. She decided to die unmarried, it's one of the reasons why Kaslan hates Christopher. Also, Kaslan loathes Vincent who left her sister alone. He couldn't control his face frowning whenever he sees Christopher. 

Tragedy caused another tragedy. It's a never-ending cycle. As long as there were emotions, hatred would never disappear. 

"What do you want?"

Aria detected that the woman was looking at Christopher. She couldn't handle her feelings and gave them an irritating gaze. 

"Your Majesty, we just want to know your well-being. I'm worried that the Empire will go into turmoil and uproar will happen if something bad happens to you. "

"Is that so, I'm fine so you may now leave."

Teresa chuckled. Since she met the Princess, she realized that her sharp tongue was still alive. It's unfortunate that she didn't receive trauma. She wanted to see the pitiful expression of Aria but it's seemed that it's impossible... Though there's a way to anger the Princess. 

The two females never leave,  Teresa wanted the Princess to explode and cause a ruckus. Katie wished to talk to Christopher. As a fiance of Vincent, she already met Christopher when he was young. The kid was now different from his current state. 

The lively kid was gone, Christopher always smiles but she could see that he's hiding his emotions. She sighed, the world was changing just like them. 

"Christopher, how are you? I heard what happened? Are your injuries healed?"

"Yes, I'm-"

"You don't have to ask. Christopher is healthy. I already ask Lord Father to hunt the motherf*ckers who hurt him."

 Katie was stunned, what a crude way of talking, she thought. Teresa smirked, at last, their Princess dig her own grave, again. The nobilities murmured when they heard her speak. 

" I'm happy that you're worried for me, Princess. I'm thankful that the great Emperor has a daughter like you who protects her benefactor. I'm sure the Emperor is just and fair, I believe he will find the culprits. "

Christopher tried to ease the situation. Since Aria said that the Emperor was moving, he only needs to show that she was a thoughtful person. He added the fact that the Emperor was related. 

The nobles stopped, it's bad to talk negatively about the Emperor's goodwill.

A mature woman came in. She heard their conversation and decided to join. Her voice was seductive just like her appearance.

"Truly right, the Emperor is fair to his subjects."

Katie and Teresa showed their respects. The Empress nodded and faced Christopher and Aria. The Princess twitched but she didn't back down. 

' This snake is spreading her poisons again.'

Empress Maria, the current Empress of the Empire. She's the woman that controls the Palace. Her power and connections were second to none. She was a prisoner of war but she became one of the important women of this Empire. 

This was the reason why the Emperor married her. They're using each other, it's a win-win situation for both of them. There's no love between them... After all, the Emperor only love one woman, it was the late Empress. 

27