MoC 42
614 10 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

42

Pablo sprinted, the bomb could kill thousands if he let it be, he didn't know if his Aura could protect him from this unknown, all the more to the normal people like Christopher. They couldn't protect themselves. 

As a Paladin of the Temple of Wisdom, he knew that his job was to protect the people from any injustice. Right now, the only thing that's working in his mind was to run and reach the Emperor.

Patrolling Knights saw his hectic face, they observed him, the Palace was in high security because of the abduction. Any odd behavior would immediately cause the Knights to move. They ready their swords, if Pablo would not stop running, they would subdue him or kill him. 

"Stop right there!!"

They shouted. Pablo didn't hear their voice. His mind was focused on how he would deliver this f*cking bomb! Aura covered his feet and he began to jump. He evaded the Knights and hopped to the wall, he sidestepped and escaped. The Knights were caught off guard but they quickly pursued him. They now had the reason to attack the man. 

The higher-ups told them one thing. Subdue or kill any suspicious person! Right now, a suspicious man was running to the passage. As Knights, these people were Intermediate Rara Avis, they're the same level as Pablo. 

Pablo saw the grand staircase to the floor where the Emperor's office resided in. He pushed his body, he hoped that he could reach it before the bomb exploded. Seconds passed and he's now close but his energy was drained. He lost his power, he reached the phase of Aura Overuse. 

"Gah!!"

Knights caught him and stabbed his back. They're the protector of the Palace, they were merciless when it came to facing enemies. One of them took the cube, Pablo cried.

"Don't touch that!! It's a bomb!"

The Knights startled and glared at him, another blade thrust his shoulder. He screamed but his eyes were full of life. The office was near, the only thing he needed was to cause commotion!!! He inhaled so much air, he felt his lungs enlarging. He yelled loudly, the sound echoed inside the whole Palace. 

"YOUR MAJESTY PLEASE HELP UUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

The Knights covered his mouth but he bit it, he received punches after that. Fortunately, the Emperor together with Duke Saraza and Caparal came out. 

"What's happening here?"

As the man who governed the Empire, Aquila's stature was calm, his expression was tranquil. 

Duke Zarasa saw his son lying on the ground wrestled by four guards, Pablo was bleeding and he's pale because of Aura Overuse. The Duke didn't know what expression he's currently having but one thing was for sure, his eyes were full of rage. 

"Your Majesty, this man cause ruckus in the-"

"Your Majesty please help us!!! That cube!! It's a bomb!!"

Their gazes followed the cube that's in the hands of the Knight. The Emperor sensed a large quantity of power surging inside the cube. He shook his head realizing that another problem risen in his country. He steels his mind and looked at the bomb, based on the power that he felt, this could kill any people under the Intermediate Level, he guessed that the explosion could reach a 100-meter radius. 

"Put that thing into the ground, and release this man. "

He ordered the Knights and they obey his command. He extended his arms, he was already experienced in this kind of situation many times, he's now accustomed and numb. To seal this cube, he only needs two seconds. 

…………………

Christopher fought back, the guards shackled him and his hands were tied. He closed his eyes and he wanted to wail, he couldn't accept the conclusion. He counts internally hoping that everything would be alright. 

'1, 2, 3,………'

When he reached counting to 10, a large explosion reverberated in the area. Christopher grunted he smashed his head to the ground. He was pathetic. 

"Kyyaaahhhh!!!"

"W- What's going on!? "

The nobles screamed when they saw cloudy smoke rising from the Capital. The houses were burning and thousands of people died, suffering resounded and the cry of dying people echoed inside the Capital. They were dumbfounded when they witnessed how the quiet night became an orchestra of hell. 

The sound of screaming tuned the melody called suffering. Even the guards that were subduing Christopher was struck. The dark sky changed to a reddish one. 

Christopher wailed, he felt like thousands of souls were mourning, they were cursing his incompetence. He smashed his head again. Blood came out but he wanted more. He knew that no matter what pain he felt, he couldn't revive the lives that died. However, he wanted to feel the suffering that they received, his tears and blood mixed to the ground. 

…………………

Yuusha's lost his strength and fell. He was in the middle of hell, he was kneeling, his bloodied eyes saw the charcoal bodies. No one lives except him, he glanced at himself and realized that his left shoulder was missing. Half of his body was burnt but he didn't feel any corporal pain. His heart was aching more than his physical body. 

"Ggggggggggaaahhhhhhhh!!!" 

Yuusha cried, regrets were stabbing his heart, he punched his chest knowing that a simple punch would not ease his feelings. He failed, again. Just like how he failed the woman who meant everything to him. He let these people died. 

He tried, he ran to the plaza and tried to find the bomb, but he was late. The bomb exploded and killed thousands of people. The stench of burnt bodies lingered in his nose, he vomited. Acidic liquid came out of his mouth, he fainted with a grimaced expression. He closed his eyes, he hoped the fire would kill him, he wanted to suffer. 

25