MoC 44
618 10 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

44

Christopher started to convulse, his body was shivering and he couldn't move. His feet and legs were now turning blue. 

He endured it, this pain was a must. To convince the Emperor, he would show his determination. 

"Gah…! Your Majesty, the world is changing. You can't expect that the Empire will remain strong.… Kuck!"

"Hoh? So you still have the power to talk. Should I Increase the coldness?"

Christopher grinned, he's now close to dying. Yet, he never stopped bickering. 

"The Empire will destroy if you let them!! Aahhhhh!!!"

The pain increased…… This torture reached 2 hours before Christopher fainted. 

………………

"Let me in!!"

Princess Aria shouted to the Knights. She immediately went to jail when she heard that Christopher was imprisoned. The Knights blocked her, they were obeying the commands of the Emperor. 

Julian was with her, as the leader of the ambushed, he was part of the people who needed to know if everything was alright. He shook his head when he saw his sister wailing. Julian knew what kind of questions was his father asking... And he knew how he performs it... Aquila was accustomed to torturing enemies to get any intel that he could squeeze. 

When the explosion happened, Aria was in her room. She was crying at that time, she felt a strong gust and the mirror cracked. She stopped sobbing and look outside. She was struck when she saw the place burning. She witnessed how the nobles screamed…… The fire was far away but she felt like she was close because the burning sensation prickled her. 

She ran to the party and saw that Christopher was missing. Fortunately, she saw her brother talking to the Knights. She asked him about Christopher. Julian paused, still he decided to speak. 

He said that Pablo and Christopher were in the prison. 

Julian took the Princess to the place. They were waiting for the investigation. 

………………

Aquila splashed a bucket of water on Christopher's face. Christopher gasped and open his eyes. His view was unclear but he's still on his right mind. 

Aquila nodded when he saw his reaction. 

"Now, since you already know the pain, tell me everything you know. I will make you suffer if you don't talk."

He said, he already had a clue about Christopher's Gift but he'd still need to confirm it. 

"I can't……"

Christopher would never tell his secret, it was part of the plan. Besides, he knew that the Emperor was not an idiot. As the Great Conqueror, he could easily deduce his power. 

"I see…… It seems like your Goddess gave you a convenient Contract. The Contract that you can't tell your secret or you will die."

Aquila chuckled, he saw Christopher twitched which meant his conclusion was right. He never thought that Christopher was acting.

'Yes, believe me, old man. You must think that I'm under a Goddess and they gave me a Gift to predict the future.'

Deep inside, Christopher was smiling. If the Emperor believed him, then Aquila would find that torturing him was not a good answer. He would lose his clues to this incident. 

"…… Based on what happened, I think I already know your ability."

Emperor Aquila pondered and smirked. He believed that Christopher's Gift was the ability to see the future. Christopher reacted oddly before the explosion, many people witnessed him destroying the cake to get the bomb. Aquila's intuition was telling him that his deductions were right. Added that this man was the one who saved his daughter's life. 

He laughed, there's only one Goddess that had the ability to see the future. It's the Goddess of Fate, he believed that Christopher was a chess piece of the Goddess. Maybe Christopher would be an important person in the history. 

Since he already knew his secret, this was the time to get the information about the future. 

Christopher was actually grinning when he realized that Aquila took his bait. 

"I can understand that you will die if you speak your secret, that's why I'll never touch that topic. However, I think you have the information that I need. Tell me who's the organization that I need to slaughter. Is it the Dark Side?"

Christopher breathed heavily, his eyes were getting unfocused. He opened his mouth and said the words that Aquila hate the most. 

"Your Majesty, the culprit is your son, the third Prince... Ahh!!"

Freezing pain stabbed his chest and he screamed. 

"No, that's not the answer that I want to hear.… George can never do that, after all-"

"After all, he's mute? After all, he doesn't have the talent in magic? Is that what you want to say? Is it because he would not live longer!?"

Christopher hysterically laughed. Right now, he was showing the insane side of him. He must scare the Emperor so that he would believe him. His tired eyes flickered. 

"Everything that you saw was a lie!"

Aquila struggled to believe him, George was a meager man that always hide in his older brother's shadow. He couldn't orchestrate this large incident…… 

He started to sweat when he realized that he was now doubting his third son. He grabbed Christopher's hair and lift him. Christopher ached.

"What did you see!?"

Aquila thought that maybe this man saw a horrible future. 

"Hahaha, are you feeling guilty!? The son that you used to increase your lifespan was now moving!!"

Aquila couldn't control his hand and slapped him. His eyes were red-blooded. He never thought he would hear this word. There were three people who only knew this secret. Him, the Empress and…… George. 

Christopher crackled when he saw the agitation in the Emperor. Right, Aquila was actually going to die last 17 years, but he used his third son to extend his lifespan. They asked the Archbishop of the Temple of Mountain to extend his life. Aquila made a Contract with the Goddess that forced his third son to become handicap…… 

Yeah, I think a lot of you already knew that George was the culprit. That mute was the most suspicious of them. He is always lurking in the dark, silently, waiting for the right moment.

21