MoC 48
564 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

48

The reason why Marlon was here was because of the small paper that he saw inside his pocket. 

He knew whose paper was this, it's from Christopher. He opened the crumpled paper and read it. There are only three sentences.

[Go asked brother Dylan about the secret passage. The enemies were hiding there. However, don't tell this to others.]

Marlon was skeptical but he trusted his friend. He witnessed how Christopher saved the Princess with his weird behavior. There's only one thought that entered his head. Christopher received a Gift, and Marlon knew what kind of power it is. Sometimes he saw his friend thinking deeply, yet he never asked him. After all, Christopher would always keep a secret. However, he believed in him. 

That's why even though he didn't know the reason, he still followed his instructions. He went to Dylan and asked him. 

Dylan couldn't say anything except sighed. He recalled that there's a piece of information that he received last three days. The guards that were patrolling the Capital found that there was a man-made cave under an abandoned house. At that time, the first and second Prince was gone that's why he asked Prince George about this. 

The third Prince gestured him by hands, saying that it's one of the entrances to the hidden passage and they must let it be. Since he's royalty, Dylan followed him. 

"Marlon, what are you going to do?"

"……"

Marlon didn't speak because he knew that his brother will stop him. 

"Marlon, I have a guess about what you're going to do.  I will not let you go to that place. Let's leave it to the guards. I will ask them to inspect it."

"But brother they were busy-"

"Enough! I will call the guards, and they'll inspect the place. End of the story. Hayst, why are you and Father are so hot-blooded? Reasoning won't work on you. Secret Passage is a dangerous place. "

Marlon inherited the bloodline of their family. Just like his father, his talent in fighting was above than the others, even their peers could beat him in one on one battle. And just like his father, Marlon was a muscle brain. For him, the answer to every problem was strength.

Dylan guessed that maybe his brother will go to the hidden passage to fight something. His deduction was closed but not exactly. Marlon would kill the motherf*ckers that caused the explosion. 

"Then…… I'm sorry brother but I need to do this."

"Hm? W- wait!! Why are you coming here!? Marlon, I don't like your gaze!! "

Marlon cracked his knuckles and neck. It seemed like he would have to force his brother. 

Dylan was pale and he's sweating. His last battle was a decade ago, Dylan was an Intermediate but he understood that he couldn't fight Marlon equally.  He tried to shout but his voice was blocked because of Marlon covering his mouth. 

………………

Auburn War, it's a novel that focused on the adventure of Yuusha. As a protagonist of the story, Yuusha would face many obstacles that would cause him to change. He struggled and fight, he protected his loved ones. He almost died, many times, but he didn't retreat. He faced all of them and won. 

'.... I leave everything to them'

As a simple guy who didn't have any fighting abilities, Christopher was now lying on the ground. The room was frozen and his liquid blood was now solid. He felt the feeling of the term hypothermia. He was tired and he wanted to close his eyes. 

Aquila didn't get anything important, he only knew that George was the culprit. Except that, Christopher was quite. He screamed and shout but he never spoke. 

Aquila praised his determination, in this time, Christopher should have talked but he didn't. 

'It seems like his Contract forbids him from talking... So the Goddess of Fate chose this man huh. '

He decided to stop the nonsense torture. It's enough that Christopher talked about George. Besides, he already knew that Christopher had the power to predict the future. He chuckled, he could use Christopher…… If he could survive the freezing cold. 

Aquila left him freezing in the room. 

Christopher saw the ceiling, he didn't know why but he remembered his past life. He couldn't control his emotions when he recalled his parents and his little sister merrily eating their dinner. At that time, his life was complete and happy. He was satisfied and he wanted that moment to remain forever. Tears fell and he closed his eyes. 

'I guess I'll die… I leave everything to you... '

The last scene that he saw was the Princess running to him.

………………

When Aquila came out, Aria immediately shouted. Her emotions disturbed and at any moment, she would cry. 

"Father! What happened to Christopher!?"

She looked at her Father with an agitated look. Aquila saw the affection in her eyes. He knew this expression, it's the face of a woman worried over her lover…… He realized that Aria love Christopher. 

'I see, so that bastard took my daughter's heart… I should have killed that bastard.'

He thought. He tapped his daughter's head. He slightly laughed and let her witnessed the situation. 

"You can now see him."

Aquila left his daughter, after a couple of seconds, he heard his beloved daughter wail. Aquila's expression was grimace but he endured. He must show his daughter the importance of life. Sometimes, when he shows his love, it was in a toxic form.

 Yes, Aquila was a crazy Father, after all, he sacrificed his third son just to live. 

"Christopher!!"

Aria screamed and called the guards. She hugged Christopher tightly hoping that her heat would help his sufferings. Prince Julian couldn't let his sister cry like this. He gave Christopher a healing potion, Aria put the potion in his mouth but he didn't drink it. She was anxious.  She took the potion into her mouth and put it on him, mouth to mouth. She kissed Christopher and pushed the liquid inside. 

Her eyes were only looking at Christopher, her arms covered him. Her emotions were jumbled but one thought keeps appearing in her mind. She prayed to every Goddess that she knew, she prayed that they would not take Christopher.

Christopher's suffering: 2/4

21