MoC 49
558 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

49

Inside the secret passage, a group of suspicious people was gathering and praying to the altar. In the middle of the altar, seven women were wailing and calling for help. They're virgins that they abducted before the explosion. 

The wrists of these women were slashed and blood was pouring out. Their faces were pale and they're close to death. 

The suspicious people kneel and sing hymns for the Goddess. They would sacrifice these women to call the disaster, The Last Light. 

If you look at the top, the altar was actually inscribed with Runes. The Runes were glowing faintly, they fluctuate slowly like a beating heart. 

The destruction of the Empire was near. 

………………

"Gah!!"

Alphonse flew, a large number of Light swords crashed into him. They're fighting for almost two hours but the battle was still undecided. 

Edson left eye was injured and he couldn't open it. Jaraina was unkillable, they stabbed the woman and cut her many times but she was still regenerating. This was the reason why killing Bishops was harder than killing Inquisitors. 

Edson had experience in fighting Inquisitors but fighting Bishop was different. Jaraina was an immortal that they couldn't kill through brute force. 

Jaraina stood, her stomach was bludgeoned and organs were falling out. Yet, Jaraina was alive she gritted her teeth and smiled. The suffering that she was facing right now was for the glory of the Light.

 The Goddess gave her a mission, it's to distract and kill the Masters inside the Capital. She must hinder the Masters to let their plan to go smoothly. The Goddess gave her the Blessing to revive up to 15 times. 

Right now, she already spent 6 lives, though her enemies were still alive. However, she was confident that she could kill them. 

The only problem was, there were still other three Masters in the Capital. The only thing she could do was to believe in George and the others. 

'Of course, we won't attack the Palace without any preparation. 10 Master is waiting outside the Capital and there 9 Masters inside. We will finish this mission to glorify the Goddess. '

She sneered, she could still fight. Her beautiful figure stood in the middle of the destruction, she was going to kill them using this last attack. 

She summoned the Light, she murmured words, calling the True Name of the Goddess. 

As a Bishop, she had the power to say her name. She would not die, after all her life was connected to the Goddess. 

" I, Jaraina the Bishop of Light, calls the mighty existence of Light, The Mother of Emotion, The Healer of Disease. I call forth, the power of her Name. As her humble servant, I pray, destroy the enemies that block the path of her greatness…."

She knelt and stab her chest, blood came out of her mouth but she never stopped. She opened her mouth and said. 

"Goddess Helena!"

The ground was shaking, it was night but there was a light that shone in the sky. 

Edson saw a light falling out and he closed his eyes. 

A large pillar of light ate the whole place. The falling lasted for a minute before disappearing. 

The whole land was annihilated, there was nothing to see except soil. The house and road were disintegrated to nothingness. Another portion of the Capital was gone. 

"Gahahahaha"

Jaraina laughed, her hair was turning white because of the aftereffects. However, she was elated that she killed them. Except for her, she couldn't detect any life in the vicinity. 

The crater was 300-meter radius and all of the people and things that the light hit was gone. All of it disappeared out of thin air. 

She hysterically laughed, believing that she won. Now, their plan to kill the Emperor was closed. She killed two of his subordinates, Aquila lost another limb. 

He could try to escape but nine Masters would attack him. He could use the Gate but it would not work, Helena would not answer the call. 

Jaraina knew that their Goddess Name was part of the Runes in the platform of Gate. She smirked, at last, their Goddess would become stronger. 

Millions of believers follow their religion. Their faith caused the Goddess that they believe to become stronger, but there was another way to become powerful. That is to spread fear just like what the Dark Side was doing. 

As long the people believed and fear them, then no one could defeat their Goddess. 

Jaraina was lying on the ground, her beautiful appearance was now gone. Her skin was dried and aged, she needs time to recuperate. The Calling of True Name didn't kill her but it took a great amount of life force. 

The only way to heal was to wait. While she was looking at the clear sky, she heard a couple of steps. Her heart beats faster and her face was ugly. 

*thud*

She couldn't believe that she would see this woman here. She's an idiot! She knew that Christopher met a Bishop of Death but she didn't know that it was Acacia. 

She shook her head in frustration.

"No!!! This is not true!!! We scanned the whole Capital!! We didn't detect any Dark Energy!!!!!"

She shouted, her saliva was falling showing her agitation. She was powerless, even if she could revive, Acacia would kill her repeatedly. 

Acacia walked, her upper face was covered with thin fabric but it was not enough to hide her beauty. 

"Bishop of Death!!! You whore, I should have killed you at that time!!"

Jaraina's eyes were red, she struggled but her body was not listening. Right now, she's just a weak old woman. 

Acacia came to her and look at her pity appearance. She smiled making Jaraina humiliated. 

Acacia "tch tch" and shook her head. She covered her mouth and laugh slightly. 

"Ara ara, such an ugly bitch. Why is there trash here? Well, as a good citizen, I need to clean the trash."

"Ahhhhhh!!!!!"

Jaraina screamed, countless shadows stabbed her nonstop. 

"Jaraina bitch, you should know my ability right? I'm the best when it comes to hiding. No one can beat my stealth. Ara ara, why are you looking like that. Umu, I think I need to gouge your eyes."

"Gaahhh!!!"

Her scream echoed but no one heard her. 

19