MoC 59
462 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

59

Empress Maria staggered, the dreams that she worked hard to create were starting to crumble. George moved his feet, every time Maria heard his steps. She was frightened, she knew that her son hated her. 

George suffered every night because of the complexion that he received. Half of his lifespan was sacrificed just to live Aquila. His heart felt a stabbing pain and he couldn't do anything but endure it. 

He pleaded the only religion that could help him. He knelt down bowing his head to the Goddess of Light every day.…… However, his disease was incurable. The only thing the Temple could do was to ease his suffering and to help him get his revenge. He always cut his arms and sacrifice his blood just to live. 

He started to regain his ability to speak but he hid it. He even kept it a secret from his brother. He knew that Augusta was innocent and he wanted George to live a fulfilling life but George loathed it. 

He despised the pity gazes of his brother, he detested that he was a miserable creature. That was why he killed his brother and stole the Sarmiento. 

The Sarmiento had three Gifts. 

The first was it could absorb noise and release it by a deafening scream. That was why no one could hear the wails and sobbing of the women calling for help. The room was silent and still on the outside. 

No one would go to help them, and if there was, all of the women would be already dead. 

Maria saw the emotionless eyes of her son, she was the one who created this. Her greed and obsession made this situation. She stepped back. Never in her life could she think that her death would because of her son killing her. 

George lifted the sword, lightning wrapped it, the sound of crackling was echoing inside. 

Empress Maria closed her eyes, she knew that she couldn't do anything. She was powerless, she knew that she couldn't be a good mother. She accepted her fate, waiting for her downfall. 

George swings the sword but it was on a different side. 

*Craahhhh!!!*

The forces collided, the Aura Blade and the lightning equally clashed and the place was covered in light. 

"I swear, I will tell this to brother Romero and brother Pablo!!"

Together with Teresa, Yuusha entered the Abbey. He shot his Aura Blade to stopped the man. He saw the dead bodies lying on the floor. He was mad! It seemed that he was late again. He didn't mourn, he didn't have the time to. He dashed to the culprit who made this scene. 

"Kaahhh!!!!"

His physique was encircled of whiteness, the particles were following him. 

George waved his weapon, the Sarmiento vibrated and made a death sound. Except for the Third Prince and his ally, all of the people inside the Abbey covered their ears. The deafening sound assaulted them.

"Ahg!!" 

Yuusha felt the pressure that was piercing his eardrums. His movement slowed and he touched his ears. 

He glared at the man who was holding the legendary weapon. The Runic Sword of Sarmiento was the weapon that could topple a battle. 

George was looking at Yuusha, he recalled that this man was part of the people who visited Christopher. 

"I heard that Christopher and Pablo were the people who saved the Palace. If I knew that he will block my plans then I should have killed him thoroughly. "

He said. Christopher was the man who saved Aria and the Palace. He kicked his tongue, that man was like a mosquito biting him and hindering his movement. 

Lightning flew and Yuusha received it. 

"Guh!!"

He groaned, the electricity stabbed him. George used another lightning and Yuusha forced his body to evade. 

The deafening sound was attacking his hearing and he couldn't move accurately. 

If Christopher was here, he was confident that Yuusha could defeat George. This was the moment where Yuusha would awaken his fourth Gift. However, he must suffer first before he gained it. 

George was not good at handling a sword, he didn't train because his body was frail. In fact, this was his first time holding a weapon. 

Empress Maria was watching the fight. Yuusha was at disadvantage and he couldn't go near because the sound was getting stronger. 

The followers were moving, they would finish the mission before something bad happened. But unfortunately, for them, the Knights came in. They were the Knights that pursued Teresa and Yuusha. 

Teresa was shocked finding that the place was gruesome. As a sheltered woman, her face was paled when she saw the blood. Another reason why she was pale was that her ears were starting to bleed. 

The Sarmiento was making them crazy. 

The group of Intermediate Mahikero and Rara Avis helped when they witnessed the Empress in danger. 

The battle of followers and Knights started. 

In the middle of this battle, the women who were alive were staying on the floor, afraid that they would die if they move. They forced themselves to withstand the sound and the battle. 

Yuusha slightly evaded the lightning, his shoulder was hit and blood was seeping out. However, his ears were starting to get accustomed, just like how his body began to resist the different types of Curses. 

The deafening sound was now slowly becoming a simple buzz to him. He was beginning to hear another sound, it was a hymn of beautiful string trembling and crying. 

He closed his eyes, he focused his sense of hearing. He perceived the strumming strings, he felt like if he followed the sound he would accomplish something. 

He started to walk and that walk changed to run, the attractive yet sad sound became clearer. In the world of darkness, he felt like he could see everything. 

Yuusha awakened the ability to sense the sound of life. His heart was painful because he heard the sorrow of the trembling sound. 

His speed became faster and he jumped. His body moved and he touched the sound!!!!

*stab!!!!!*

"Ack!!"

When he opened his eyes, he saw that his hand penetrated George's chest. The Prince was coughing blood and he fell. George realized that the mission failed. 

He looked at his mother, his eyes were full of hatred. He cast the last Gift of Sarmiento. 

"I will return and kill you."

His body vanished, and just like him, all of the enemies became smoked. 

Yuusha was sweating, his new ability felt the anguish that George had. It was dreadful and he couldn't do anything except to feel the suffering. He realized how broken George was. His heart was irreparable. 

13