MoC 63
545 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

63

The Palace was devoid of noise, in the center of the wide hall, a person was sitting and drinking his tea. He relaxed and breath, tea could calm his mind. 

The Emperor knew that the enemy's plan was stopped when the earthquake faded. The sun was rising and the glimmer of hope was now close. 

Aquila was eager to meet the idiots that tried to destroy his Empire. 

As an Emperor, he must be the number one priority when it comes to safetiness. However, he commanded his Knights to leave the place. 

His royal retainers opposed his command but they couldn't do anything. They bowed their heads while their mouths were bleeding in frustration. 

Aquila was a merciless father and a leader, he had to. But when he was young, when the time where the Continent was peaceful, Aquila was famous for being a kind and helpful man. They knew, especially Duke Saraza, he was his trusted man and his best friend. 

"I miss my wife…"

It was the last sentence that he said to them, Duke Saraza bawled when he heard it… He found the reason why Aquila wanted to face the enemies alone. The Duke cried, it seemed that he would lose his friend. Before Aquila left, he gave the Duke his last command, which was to look after the Empire. 

But he shook his head, and just like him, the others didn't agree. They promised that they won't look after the Empire, instead, they would make it prosper. 

Caparal and Saraza hated that Obato was not here. He was a Master Healing Mahikero and he was far too stronger than Saraza. 

However, they were not stupid, they knew that the Element of Healing was part of the Authorities of the Goddess of Light. 

Their minds were thinking that maybe their friend betrayed them. 

They took all of the people outside the Palace, the Knights and the Adventurers were protecting them. The only people that were not here were Christopher, Marlon, Yuusha, Pablo, and Julian. These men were missing and no one could find them. Three of them were injured but they must accomplish their task. 

…………………

*thud thud* 

Dozens of people appeared in the hall. Any experienced man could detect that they were Masters. 

7 Master Mahikero.

9 Master Rara Avis.

These were the enemies that Aquila must defeat. Yet, he was not afraid, he just laughed.

"Is this is it? Come on, this is not enough to make me sweat."

He shrugged, he lifted his teacup and tasted the tea. 

"Hmmph! You may think that we are nothing. But we will kill you here, it looks like you know that blood would rain that's why you command them to leave the Palace-"

One of them spoke, but he stopped when he found that his foot was getting freeze. He stepped back.

 They became serious, they acknowledged that this man is one of the strongest. He was not like any ordinary Master, he was the greatest Water Mahikero. No one could match his strength, this was the reason why they made many sidesteps to weaken him. 

They tried to abduct the Princess just to make him agitated but it failed, even Renard had disappeared.   

They knew that even if they go full force, their chance of victory was fifty-fifty. They ready themselves. Almost all of them understood they would die but it was better than to let Aquila live. He was the reason for their loneliness, that's why he needs to suffer. 

"Enough of talking, let's start this."

Aquila stood and the air became colder, he would show them why many people were terrified of him. 

…………………

Inquisitors, they were the main attack force of each Temple. Sometimes, their jobs were to observe the war examining if aristocrats disobeyed the Vrede Acquiescent. 

However, most of the time, they were doing the dirty jobs of the Temple. 

Oregan was on the top of the highest hill close to the Capital. The Temple of Light gave him the position of Commander of this mission. He had the power to lead dozens of Masters together with thousands of soldiers. 

The Masters that were on this mission were the Rara Avis and Mahikero that their Temple recruited just to finish the Emperor. 

Oregan stretched his hands, he was holding a bow that was inscribed with Runes. He was a Rara Avis but he was not good in melee fights, he was a long-range attacker. 

He took the Path of Sight and he could see kilometers away. Right now, he could clearly see the battle of the Emperor. Oregan was waiting for the right time to shoot. 

*Swoosh!!*

However, he pointed his bow in the opposite direction. He released his arrow and it flew. It created a whoosh sound but the old man wielded his hammer and parried. 

Baratum warcried, he swing his weapon and cracked the ground. His arms were getting large and his eyes focusing on Oregan. 

The soldiers moved to blocked Baratum but he was getting larger. He reached five meters of height, his towering appearance was blocking the light, and the soldiers' last vision was the swing of the hammer. 

Hundreds flew and rolled on the ground, they were mangled and dead.  Baratum was from the offspring of Giant tribesmen. He had the Bloodline Uniqueness that make him larger. His strength was enough to slaughter these people. 

Oregan utilized his bow and the Runes were glowing. This time, he would use the true ability of his weapon. 

The arrow traveled through the air and it transformed into a shining bird. It flapped its wings and crashed into Baratum. 

"Quiiii!"

The bird screamed and burnt Baratum. The old man was not disturbed even though he was wounded. He yelled and another soldier was torn down… it was the scene of blood. 

These scenes were repeated many times until only three thousand soldiers were left. 

Baratum was grinning and elated, Oregan was shocked to find that he couldn't kill Baratum. Now he realized how dangerous the Guild Master of the Capital. 

The Giants were barbarians of war, for them, the best moment was when you're on the battlefield killing people. 

"Stop!!"

Aragon decided that he must end this, he may be an Inquisitor and he had a job of killing but he was not pond of death. He knew that these soldiers had families just like him, they must not die here.

"Guild Master! Our Temple had an agreement!!"

"Gahaha! Yes, our Temple had, but I'm not doing this as a Guild Master!! Right now, I'm just Baratum, a man who will fight for his friend!!"

Oregan furrowed his face and he was mad! He wanted to destroy Baratum's ugly face! However, he knew that he would receive suffering if he fought him.

"…Let's return!!!"

He decided to leave, he took his remaining soldiers. 

He was confident that the dozens of Master could kill Aquila even if he didn't help them. The Emperor was closed to his death, his last life would be burn if he used his Uniqueness. 

15