MoC 77
375 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

77

Pablo was staring in the sky, it seemed that one of his precious friends was drifting away from him. 

"I only obeyed the commandment of the Goddess, is there something wrong about that?"

He asked himself. As a man who always believed that what he was doing was for the greater good, he didn't think that putting the vial of unknown liquid would be bad. He trusted the Goddess and his heart would always be with the Goddess. 

He didn't see the face of his Deity but he heard her doctrine. The Goddess of Wisdom was here to find the truth, their justice would serve the people. When the Vrede Acquiescent was suggested, the Temple of Wisdom was the second religion that supported it. 

However, sometimes, he was thinking if his decision was right. Did he really make the right choice? 

His only mission was to put the yellow liquid, it was a simple thing…… But, he was asking himself if it was right. Something was thugging his chest, and he didn't know the reason. He felt guilty about Christopher……… Yes, he already expected that Christopher would die. But he didn't do anything to change it. Pablo's justice was fucked up and he knew it. 

A man tapped his shoulder, Pablo looked at him. 

"Brother, what are you doing here? I thought father has an appointment together with you? "

A man with the same features yet with a different atmosphere chuckled when he saw his younger brother staring in the sky. 

"About that, it's already finished. I left him with the other nobles, then I found you here, staring like a strange guy."

Romero replied, he smiled and put Pablo's head inside his shoulder, and choked him. He gave him a hard knuckle and Pablo felt the hit.

"Ouch! Why did you hit me!?"

Pablo said, struggling to escape the grasp of his brother. 

"That's for making Teresa cry! You didn't protect our sister when those enemies attack the Abbey!"

"Hey! I did save her when I delivered the bomb to the Emperor. Besides, Yuusha was there and he protected her."

"Yeah, I heard about that one. Father said that you made a big achievement. Haha, it looks like my brother is going to be a great man."

Romero laughed and gave Pablo another punch on his head. Pablo put all of his strength to got out of his headlock. He successfully escaped, he panted. He looked at his brother.

"Brother, how can you be calm? Our country is in a civil war and there are outside forces that threatening us. How can you smile?"

Pablo curiously asked, his brother had a lot of friends. And he always sees him smiling, all of his expression was true. 

Unlike Augusta who hid his inner feelings, Romero was like an open book. Sometimes, even Pablo was shocked when he saw that his aura and expression were the same. Even Yuusha couldn't replicate this attitude. Yuusha may be an honest man but he still hides a lot of things from Pablo but Romero was different. 

"Me? Well, I don't know, whenever I think that I great battle will come I can't control my blood from boiling. I'm happy that I can release my full strength again, Vincent was already dead and Augusta was still in Intermediate, as for Julian he's boring. I don't have any men around my age that had the power to fight me equally. "

Romero honestly said, perhaps this sad one of the reasons why a lot of people were following his brother. Because Romero didn't hide anything, he and Pablo are different. They had the same features but Pablo was more on the introvert side. 

"Now, since I answer your question, I want to ask you. Why are you sad like it's the end of the world? Man, your face looks like a grumpy old man. Look, I know that you are hiding a lot from me but I always want to tell you that I am your brother. You can ask for help if you need me. "

Romero grinned, since a young age, he already knew that Pablo was a shy type. However, since the time he became part of the Temple of Wisdom, Pablo's secretive behavior became stronger. 

"Let me guess, this is about Yuusha, right?"

Pablo paused but he nodded after some seconds. 

"I see, and, are you going to tell me or not?"

"Brother…… Am I a bad guy?"

"Pfft- haha, sorry, sorry, I didn't think that you would say that. Haha, well sometimes you are strict in the rules, so much that your ideal in the term justice was rigorous. I know that you are seeing things that  I can't. However, I know one thing, justice was created to protect the weak, but it can't protect all of them. Now, if you think that what you're doing is right, then I won't stop you. Believe in your Justice. "

"What if I chose the wrong decision?"

Romero faced his younger brother. 

"Pablo, as long as you are alive, then you will make a lot of mistakes. Trust me, when I said a lot then it means hundreds or thousands of times. We mortals, are always going to make mistakes."

"Are you saying that it's okay to make mistake?"

"Yes, nothing is wrong with that. The real question is what will you do after you made the mistake.

Romero chuckled.

Pablo was enlightened, he clenched his fist. What he made at that time was incomprehensible, he didn't respect Christopher and he prioritized his Goddess. He was disordered after that, he and Yuusha fought. But he realized one thing, he could change the future. 

"It seems that you found the answer on your own. Look, I don't know what you're going to do, but I'm your brother and I'm always here for you."

"Thank you, brother. And please tell Father that I have something to do. Tell him that I'll be gone for around a month "

"Okay. Have a safe trip."

Romero chuckled. He could guess where he was going. 

'The Goddess said that I must put the liquid on Christopher's mouth but I failed. I don't know if the Temple will still accept me…… I'm not a good person, I know it, but I have people that I want to protect. What happened in the Capital wake me, being weak will not help me…… That's why I have to ask the Temple to assist me to enter the next stage. I must become a Master before something bad happen. And after everything is finished, and if the Empire is still intact, then I will apologize to Yuusha, and Christopher.'

Pablo was crazy but he still had a heart, he knew that he made a mistake that's why he was going to change it. 

(... Meh, I think I'm having a mental block when I wrote this. I decided to change the scene because I'm still undecided about what would happen to the fight of Augusta, Julian, and Natan. Though in the next chapter, their fight would continue. As you can see Pablo had a few missing screws in his head, but this doesn't mean that he was not good. Remember that Pablo was one of the main characters of the Auburn War. )

13