MoC 93
292 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

93

Another fight happened, the forces of Duke Obata and the Royal Family were converging. 

The soldiers wielded their weapons and swing them at their enemies. Since Julian was a Master now, he couldn't enter the battlefield. 

Augusta was currently commanding the troops. A lot of people tried to kill him but he pierced all of them. Marlon was together with him, this was his first time in a war but he was not nervous. This man killed a hundred people inside the Secret Passage he was used to death and blood. 

While they were fighting, Obata's side was busy with their plan. Duke or rather King Rianus Obata was waiting for the artifact that the Forzin Kingdom would deliver. 

"Luze heal our soldiers."

"Yes, father."

He commanded his daughter to heal the wounded soldiers. Nobody knew their hidden face and almost all of their soldiers regard them as saints. 

Luze was always in the clinic to treat their wounds. Deep inside, she wanted to kill and torture them but she maintained her kind appearance. 

Natan stayed with Duke Obata, they had something important to talk about and only a few people were in the room. 

" The Stolen Soul will be here tonight. My men will welcome them."

Natan said to Obata.

Obata smirked and nodded. He knew what the Stolen Soul is. They felt the horror of this device in the last war. That's why they were quiet about this, they didn't want to alarm their enemies. 

But for Duke Obata, the Stolen Soul had another purpose. He would use the artifact to finish his masterpiece. 

………………

"Hah!"

A man in mid-forty slashed a soldier. The Rambaldon Kingdoms were attacking his city. Thankfully, the Entei had a tough fortress and they still didn't lose. 

The Entei was built to watch the neighboring countries. It had big walls and an advantageous location but because of the liberation of Inaudible Plain, that advantage was lost. 

Now, the Rambaldon kingdom sieged their City trying to invade the territory. The Count and his soldiers were blocking them. 

Charles was on the battlefield, he didn't care if the enemies had Overseer or not. If he didn't move, his land would be done. 

He clenched his sword and Aura manifested on his body. He killed the soldiers that he saw, he didn't show mercy to anyone but his killing spree was stopped when a woman jumped and attack him with a fireball. Charles ceased his assault on the weak soldiers, he saw the fire and slashed it. 

The woman landed on the ground with her high heels. It was odd seeing this kind of outfit on the battlefield, but the woman didn't care. She was wearing a qipao-like dress, her left leg was visible because of the cut on the dress, she was gorgeous. 

Penelope crossed her arms and watched Charles. 

"You still have power, huh, good I don't want a boring fight."

Penelope chuckled. 

"Penelope? I guess you are working with them. Who hired you?"

"Well, Rambaldon gave me a good amount so I decided to help them."

She honestly said and fire started to move around her. Charles and Penelope knew each other, they met when Cratust introduced her to them when the Continental War happened. Penelope remained as a mercenary while Cratust became a follower of War. 

"How much did they pay you?"

"100 thousand gold, what? Your gonna hire me and swap side. Look, I'm sorry but even if you tried to double the amount, I will not accept it. Charles no matter what you do, Entei will fall. Just surrender."

Penelope knew that the three forces had around 20 Masters combined, maybe even higher. She was not sure about their numbers but it was obvious that Charles won't win.  

"I just want to know how much money you will waste. You will die before you use the money so no hard feelings."

He said confidently.

"Hmmp! Arrogant as always."

Penelope kicked her tongue, she would burn this man alive. Fire started to rise and she cast a tempest of flame. Charles avoided the attack, he was faster. 

Charles sighed, he didn't want to kill a woman and he needed to conserve his energy. He decided to use the technique. 

"I need to finish this fast… I don't want to use this cause it's not perfected but I have no choice."

Only one man perfected this technique. All of his ancestors and he himself couldn't complete this technique. Only Vincent mastered the technique. 

Charles made a stance, he returned his sword into the scabbard. He closed his eyes and his protection was none. 

Penelope felt weird by his action but she decided to attack. Charles was vulnerable and his defense was none. She extended her hand and gestured, spinning her fingers. A large fireball materialized above her. 

*Swoosh!!*

The fire drifted. It moved fast and got closed to Charles. The Count opened his mouth and breathe, he vanished before the fire hit him. 

"Wha-?"

Penelope was surprised, she looked left and right. She was trying to find the man. Seconds after, she coughed blood. 

"Gah!!"

Her chest was sliced. A cross sign was engraved on her chest. She fell, her blood was flowing on the ground. 

Charles appeared and his breathing was rough. He started to calm his breathing, he closed his eyes and relax. 

"You're lucky that I didn't hit your vitals... I didn't kill you, I still have respect for women."

The technique was sloppy, Charles knew it. He couldn't replicate how Vincent did it. It was funny, Charles taught his son about the technique but his son surpassed him. Though he was not sad, he was proud that his son reached the stage that all of his ancestors never reach. 

The Silent Blade was far from its perfect stance. 

"Now, I think another group of soldiers is coming."

Charles decided to retreat. He would return to his troops, his mission was to narrow the enemy until the reinforcement come… Charles was not sure if help would come. He didn't even know what was happening in the Capital. 

The last thing he heard was the Emperor died, except that, nothing. Veronica, his wife, was anxious for Christopher. It was agonizing when they lost Vincent and they didn't want to experience it again. 

The Entei was surrounded by enemies. Thankfully, their food supply was still stable. However, after one or two weeks their food would be gone. 

"I almost forgot this sensation, the feeling of losing hope. Well, twenty years passed since the Continental War. I become accustomed to peace and I'm getting rusty."

Charles stretched his body. 

(There's a hearsay that the Mellwood have a Bloodline Uniqueness, and it's the Silent Blade.)

11