MoC 94
293 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

94

The bandits and the soldiers started their preparation. 

Count Seblan told that he would go with them using the Teleportation Gate. Before they raid the Gate, he commanded his second in command to travel without him. The second in command knew about the plan so he agreed and the soldiers under him started their march. 

The Count was getting sweaty, if they finished this task, his name would become famous. Perhaps the Royal Family would make him a Duke. Duke Obata betrayed the Empire so there was an empty space for the position of the Duke. His greedy thoughts were showing on his face. 

Christopher walked into the children. He wanted to know if they were ready. 

"Are you sure you want to go with us? The Gate can be used now without Rachel. Moroni is safe compared to the Baudan. We will attack a City, and I think you don't want to see what will happen."

"No, we want to see it."

The children didn't hesitate. They were part of this so they want to see what would happen. They were not innocent and pure kids. They knew the ways of the world. They experienced a lot and knew that a lot of people would die if they attack Baudan. At their young age, they already saw death. The basement of the Obata was more frightening than the war.

Deep in their hearts, they want to see how the Duke fall. They were kids but they want revenge for the torture that they experienced. No one could judge them, they suffered a lot. 

Christopher sighed. He realized that he couldn't change their decisions. 

"Okay, but please stay with the other. Well, I already talk to Donovan, he said that he would take his women to protect you... I'm sorry, I have something to do so I can't stay with you."

Christopher honestly said. He had to stop the artifact before it reached the hands of the Duke. If Christopher got the artifact before him, he could use it on their enemies. It was a good plan that could help him to quickly finish this civil war. 

Based on what he read, the Auburn War still hadn't any major alterations. There were few changes such as Donovan and Count Seblan surprise attack but the main plot was still the same... 

Never he knew that something big would happen. 

……………………

Night. 

A woman was silently watching the sky. The stars and moon was shining bright. She had mixed feelings about the term Light. She fucking hated the word light or any things related to it.

The man that she loved died because of an arrow of light, her father died because of the will of the Light.

Aria hated the Light, she hated it to the core. If any person said that he was a follower of Light, Aria would stab him to death. 

"Christopher…"

She closed her eyes. She was sobbing, she felt her heart tearing apart. She lost her reason to live. She couldn't eat, she didn't have the appetite and she lost weight. 

'So this is the feeling that father had when mother died. Father lost half of his life.'

Losing Christopher was painful compared to when she lost her father. Aria was crying silently.

 Some soldiers were in the vicinity but nobody tried to get near. They didn't want to disturb the Princess, or rather they were afraid to disturb her. One time, when a soldier said that the light of the sun was prickling his skin, the Princess gave him a straight jab on the face, without any reason. The man cried and touched his bleeding nose... What a poor guy. Aria hated the word light and he was the first man who experienced it. 

The soldiers found that the rumors were true. The Princess was a living devil, since then, no one spoke or get close to her. 

Princess Aria was grieving, she missed him. 

"Christopher…"

Her vision was getting blurry because of tears. 

"Hey! What's happening!!? Look!!"

One of the soldiers shouted when he heard the city of Baudan getting noisy. The soldiers followed his sight and they found that a fire was starting to spread. 

"Fire! The Baudan is on fire!"

One of them said. 

Aria heard them. She wiped her tears and looked at where the Baudan stand. She saw that fire was burning a couple of houses. She was not sure how many houses were burning but she saw the silhouette of fire and it was getting bigger. 

Aria was staring at the fire. She knew that people would die if they let the fire blazing. Yet she didn't care about them, who cares if people died, she thought. 

She felt nothing even though people were dying close to her. She was already numb to death, actually she wanted to kill herself. 

However, before that, she must talk to Christopher's parents. She wanted to say sorry because she couldn't save their son. She was the closest to him when the assault happened but she failed to protect him. Instead, Christopher pushed her away and took the arrow willingly. 

………………… 

One of the soldiers ran to the meeting tent of the Royal Family. The officials were still awake because they were preparing for the battle tomorrow. 

"Si- sir!!"

The soldiers screamed and the guards blocked him from entering the meeting. 

"What is it?"

A man spoke, Augusta came out and saw the guards blocking the soldiers. 

"What is it, soldier?"

He asked. 

The soldiers saluted and began to open his mouth. 

"Sir, the Baudan was on fire!"

"...What!?"

A lot of people came out when they heard him. Julian and Marquis Fillan looked at the soldier.

"Is it true?"

"Yes sir! It's currently happening right now."

The officials walked out and looked at the Baudan. 

They were surprised and skeptical. How could the Baudan fall on fire? Some of the officials looked at the two Prince. Perhaps one of them made a secret infiltration to the Baudan and started the fire. If that's it, then they were successful. 

Augusta and Julian looked at each other. They nodded and easily understood that none of them planned this. They didn't know who made the arson but whoever it was, they would give him bountiful rewards. 

They didn't think that it's a trap. Who in their right mind would burn their own territory? No one, not even Duke Obata would do this, it was too risky. This means that a new factor helped them.

"Men!! Ready our soldiers, we will attack the Baudan! This night, we will end the life of the traitorous Duke!!"

"Yes!!"

The officials and soldiers moved out.  

11