MoC 99
297 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

99

"Christopher?"

Marquis Fillan remembered Christopher. He remembered how he died, an arrow pierced his chest. 

He was surprised that Miranda asked about Christopher. Marquis Fillan felt something strange. He believed Miranda never met Christopher.

"What do you want to Christopher."

Edson broke his promise, he couldn't protect him. Christopher died and Edson believed that it was his fault. 

Miranda giggled, she glanced at him.

"Nothing, I just want to know. Is it bad?"

Marquis Fillan watched her, he wanted to know why Miranda was curious about Christopher. He slowly opened his mouth.

"Christopher died… he was shot. An arrow killed him."

He said and he had a depressing expression. Miranda's eyes widened, after some seconds, she grinned.

"T-This Christopher. Does he have blue eyes and blonde hair?"

She stuttered, she was eager to find it. 

Marquis Fillan felt suspicious, still, he nodded since he didn't have any reason to hide it. He was curious why Miranda asked but he didn't question him. For now, he must focus on the war.

Miranda smiled more when she saw his confirmation. It seemed she found a great secret. 

…………………… 

Yuusha moved alone, from the time he went to this place, he always heard the sounds of suffering coming from the Baudan. Night and day he was assaulted by the sounds so he wanted to know the truth about the sounds of suffering that he heard. 

Yuusha entered the city earlier than the army. When the fire started, he immediately headed to the Baudan.

 It was nothing special but when he entered the city, he already saved a lot of people who were stranded inside their houses. He entered the burning houses and saved them. Thanks to his newly attained Gift, he could hear any person who needed help. 

Yuusha stopped at the front of a large mansion, he saw maids coming out of the mansion. He didn't inspect them because he was busy finding where the sound of suffering coming from. 

He closed his eyes and he heard many people screaming. He focused more, his mind entered a trance state. He moved without using his vision. He trusted his instinct and began to follow the sound. 

He ran, made a few turns, opened many doors, and walked downwards. He didn't realize that he was going into the basement where the true horror resides. 

He smelled a foul odor and it was getting stronger, this caused him to lose his trance. He opened his eyes, he was shocked by what he saw.

Bodies… countless bodies. They were attached to each other. Yuusha witnessed many disgusting and disturbing sights but this was the scariest. 

He covered his mouth, the food that he ate earlier wanted to come out. Yuusha couldn't control it, he puked. 

"Guweehhh!"

The smell of rotten flesh and acids mixed. Yuusha gagged and puked again. 

He got teary and snot could be seen in his nose. 

"…help…"

Yuusha didn't have the time to recover, he heard a voice calling for help. It was coming from the other door. Yuusha panted and slowly stood, he wiped his mouth.

He gulped and tasted some of the foods he vomited. His heart was beating faster. He steeled himself and opened the door. 

He saw children shackled by iron chains. They were naked and they had wounds, lots of wounds. Some of them were blind, their eyes were gouged out. The children were amputated, burned, and pierced… It was horrible. The image of these children was glued to his eyes. No matter what he does, Yuusha believed that he couldn't erase these memories that he saw here. 

Yuusha began to move. He destroyed their shackles and cages. However, he had another problem… he couldn't take all of them. Some of them didn't have feet while some were blind.

"No, I will take all of them outside. "

He said to himself. 

The children cried when they heard his voice. They didn't think that they would find hope in this darkness. 

"Waaahhh please help us!!"

The little girl said, her intestines were visible. Yuusha made a resolution, he must save all of them. 

First, he helped those who could stand. After that, he helped the greatly injured. He encouraged all of them by saying that a healing potion could heal their wounds. But Yuusha knew that the wounds inside their hearts won't be healed easily. 

He carried the five children who couldn't move. 

"Let's go."

Yuusha moved and the children followed him. They were scared. 

"D- Dina!!!"

One of the children cried when he saw the face of his sister attached to the grotesque monstrosity. The boy screamed and tried to pull out his sister, the head came off. The child cried louder when he realized that his sister only had a head and her body was missing. 

"Dina, Dinaaaa!!!"

Yuusha clenched his fist and struck the child on his neck. The child lost consciousness and Yuusha had another child to carry. 

He understood that the boy lost his loved ones but it was not the time to mourn. They must escape this place immediately. Yuusha felt that something bad would happen if they don't leave. 

Yuusha walked upstairs, he recalled how he entered this place even though he didn't use his eyes. The children followed him, they were shivering afraid of everything. 

They reached the surface, they were in the room. The room had a secret compartment that connects to the basement. They walked fast and Yuusha held them tightly. 

When he opened the door, he saw a man who had a haggard face.

"What are you doing in my property!?"

Duke Obata spat and saliva rained out. He pulled out his sword and stabbed him. Yuusha transformed and kicked him, the blade grazed his legs. 

Yuusha yelled to the children. 

"Get out of here!"

He gave them the kids that he was carrying but the other children didn't move, they were afraid. Duke Obata and Luze gave them an unforgettable experience. Whenever they saw them, their bodies would react stiffened and frightened. 

Yuusha grimaced, these kids were miserable, they experienced the horrors of the world. Still, he shouted again, this time he shouted louder. 

"Escape! Your freedom is close!!"

The children returned to their senses, they steel themselves and nodded. They carried the others and left him. 

Duke Obata stood, he was disturbed.

"What did you do!? What did you do to my masterpiece!!!?"

Duke Obata hysterically screamed. If his masterpiece was destroyed he would make Yuusha pay. 

9