MoC 110
262 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

110

'This is not the time to hesitate! I just used a great amount of mana fighting the creature. Still, I must get the Duke! He's a threat to the whole world!'

Miranda steel herself, she transformed and became lightning. In this form, any physical attacks won't work on her. However, she could only maintain this for five minutes.

Benevere applauded her courage. 

"Oh my, so you want to fight?"

Lightning shoot and the Bishop accepted it. She took the attack like nothing. Her face was burned but she didn't care. The burns disappeared and her flawless skin regenerated. 

Miranda gave her best to end this, she created a lightning bolt and tossed it to Benevere. It covered the place and for a moment everything was blinded. 

This was the time that Miranda was waiting. Her true plan was to distract the Bishop so that she could get the Duke. 

While Benevere couldn't see, Miranda ran in the direction where Zeta and Omicron escaped. She dashed and went full speed, but she couldn't leave, hundreds of blood came out of the ground and blocked her. The blood became a cage that encircled her. Miranda was trapped inside. 

"Umu, I praise your strategy, truly befitting of a Valkyrie."

Benevere's two eyes were bloodshot, she controlled the blood in her body and forced her two eyes to see in the midst of the blinding light. 

The reddened eyes healed and returned to normal. She walked into the blood cage. 

"It seems that your mana was fully drained."

The lightning body disappeared and Miranda became normal. She was panting but her vision never left the Bishop. 

Her instinct was telling her that something bad would happen to her if she won't escape. Unfortunately, the cage was too strong. 

"Now, I will ask you again. Do you know Christopher Mellwood?"

Benevere grinned, she waved her finger and the cage shrank. It became smaller until it fully squeezed Miranda.

"Ac…"

Miranda groaned, she felt that her bones were cracking. She couldn't breathe and the cage shrank more. 

"… Yes, I know him."

"Oh! That's good. Where is he? Do you know?"

Bishop Benevere was elated, she smiled and politely asked. 

"I don't know."

"Hm?"

"I don't know where he is."

Miranda gasped for air, her lungs were slowly crushed. It was fortunate that Miranda was a Master, if not, she would surely die by this pressure. Miranda believed that Christopher was in the crater but she didn't say it. She was a Valkyrie, no matter what happened she won't yield to the power of the Dark Side. 

"Is that so, what a pity, then I guess you can die now."

Benevere formed her hands like a pistol and pointed it to Miranda. A small drop of blood was spinning on the tip of the finger.

Miranda closed her eyes, she lived for a long time and she wasn't afraid of death. Though there was one thing that she regretted.

"I'm sorry Danika, it seems that your sister will die…"

She whispered. 

However, the trigger didn't click. Instead, she heard a thing falling on the ground. 

"Is this the thing you want?"

A black plute rolled on the ground. Benevere turned her head and she saw a young man approaching her. 

Donovan and the three Intermediate were behind, they held their weapons. If something bad happened, they would immediately assault her.

Christopher walked confidently, he didn't show any fear. Thanks to Pariah, he didn't feel tired and he could move well. He had pants but he was shirtless, his sculpted body could be seen. 

He stared at the two women, Miranda was shocked while Benevere was grinning. Her target appeared so of course, she was happy. 

"Take the plute and leave."

Christopher said with a commanding tone. It was strange but he wasn't scared, his Gift... no, his Side Effect helped him to regulate his feelings. 

Benevere studied him, she didn't feel any Aura but her intuition was telling her that Christopher was not an ordinary person. 

'So this is the man that my lovely Goddess chose… I'm jealous.'

She released the cage and Miranda was now free, she coughed but she was fine. Her eyes were looking at Christopher. She was curious how this man could solve this doom. 

"You are?"

Benevere asked his name even though she already knew it.

"I am Christopher Mellwood."

"Christopher huh… And wha-"

"Take the plute and get the fuck out of here."

Christopher strongly said, he didn't let the Bishop finish her sentence. Benevere's mouth twitched, she opened her mouth again.

"Young man, you don't know you're talking t-"

"Shut up, old lesbian slut."

Christopher mocked her, he had a reason why he did this. Christopher wanted to know if his hypothesis was right. That's why he wanted to experiment with the Bishop. 

Benevere became furious, her fingers cracked and she wanted to twist the head of this arrogant man. However she endured it, the True Apostle would kill her if she tried to hurt this man. 

"I see, huh, I see…"

Benevere smiled even though she was angry. She bent and took the plute, retrieving the Stolen Soul was part of her mission. 

The second was… 

Benevere tossed a crimson stone to Christopher. 

"Take it, or else I will kill you. If I found that you lost it, I will hunt you."

Christopher caught the stone and inspected it. 

"What is this, a ruby? No, this is..."

Christopher wanted to confirm if this stone was the real deal but Benevere was already gone. Her body became blood mist and traveled through the air. She wanted to leave this place before her fuse gone off, she didn't know what she would do to Christopher. His tongue was so savage. 

'If my intuition is right, then this thing is the embodiment of the True Apostle…'

Christopher gulped, he put the crystal inside his coat... Perhaps his hypothesis...

Donovan approached him. He sighed, it seemed that Christopher would have a lot of things to tell him. 

They went to Miranda and analyzed her body, she was fine. 

"Now that all of the people who know my secret is here. How about we go to a quiet place and talk? I think Count Seblan built a camp close to Baudan. How about that place?"

Christopher offered. 

11