MoC 112
256 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

112

Julian and Augusta went to the children. They saw Rachel happily playing with a hatchling bird. Ben and Moss were looking at her, they let her play but they were still guarding her, they were wary about the bandits. 

Augusta was the best when it comes to conversation. He was confident about his face, he could make any woman fall for him. That's why he believed that even a little girl would like him. 

"Hi there little girl, what's your name?"

Augusta put on his best and handsome smile. 

Rachel saw an unknown man talking to her, she immediately caught Jackie because she was afraid that they would take her pet. 

"Who are you?"

She said and glared at them. 

Ben and Moss came when they saw that some people were talking to Rachel. 

"Ahaha, I'm Augusta and this is Julian. We are the Prince of this country, I believe you already know us."

Augusta said while scratching his head. He smiled like a saint that didn't sin. 

Ben was the oldest and he had known a lot about the first and second Prince. He studied their appearance and realized that what they said was true. Ben was surprised that the royals were here. However, he put a facade that he wasn't scared. 

"… what do you want from us?"

Ben said. 

"Nothing important actually, I just want to know how this little girl fixed the Gate."

Augusta was still showing his innocent smile. 

"That…"

Ben wasn't sure how to answer it. 

"Don't worry, I won't do something bad. I just want to know how you fixed it."

They hesitate but they didn't have any other choice but to answer it. They were facing the royal family, how could they lie? Rachel stepped in and opened her mouth, she was the one who fixed the Gate so she believed that she must be the one to explain. 

"T- that… We met a man and he said that I'm a descendant of the first Hero… H- He said that I can use the Gate…"

Rachel stuttered, she was afraid of how these people would react.

Augusta and Julian looked at each other. They were shocked that Rachel was a descendant of Tatsuya Souretsu but they hide it. They were more curious about the man that these children met. 

"And this man… Where is he? Did you know his name?"

Augusta further asked. A man that could identify Rachel's origin was surely not an ordinary man. They wanted to know who it was.

Rachel, Ben, and Moss became sad. They remembered what happened when they came across the Lycans. Rachel's eyes blurred and cried. Ben and Moss glared at Augusta, how could he did this to their sister. Ben and Moss didn't want to awaken what happened in that forest but it was already late.

 Ben sighed and decided to talk to these people, he gestured Moss to take Rachel away. The little girl wept hard, she hugged Jackie and sobbed. 

Augusta was not an idiot, he could easily see that his question caused the children to remember a tragic past. 

"I'm sorry I didn't know that-"

"No, it's already late… We don't know his name… he died protecting us from the Lycans that we encountered in the forest…"

Even Ben was sad when he recalled it. 

"I'm really sorry…"

This time, Augusta showed his real feelings. He was guilty that he made these children sad. 

"Do you have a place to stay? This place is not good for kids like you."

Julian butt in and asked Ben. He was sad about their loss, but he had a duty that he must accomplish and he needed the power of Rachel. Rachel had the ability to fix the Gate so she was a must-have. To do that, Julian enticed Ben by offering a safe place. He could talk to Donovan about these kids, he was ready to pay a great amount of money just to have Rachel. 

"Well, we understand that… I… I know that you need the power of my sister and I can guess that you are doing this not because of goodwill but because you wanted her… Still, I will accept it. We are tired of being hurt… I want to change."

Ben honestly said, he was just a child and he knew that he couldn't protect his siblings. They needed the power of adults. Ben believed that Julian would be fair to them. He heard from Yuusha that Julian was true to his words. 

"Thank you."

Julian turned back and talked to Count Seblan. He ordered him to protect these children. Count Seblan gladly answered. 

……………………… 

Christopher was forgotten. Not only by Count Seblan and the children. All of the bandits forgot him. 

The only ones who remembered him were Donovan, the three lackeys, and Miranda. Only five people remembered him. 

When Christopher gained the two powers of the Troll Sui Generis, he realized that it became stronger. It was understandable, his Gift increased the power that he absorbed from the Demon Beast. This was the reason why his appearance when he transformed was far stronger if you compare it to the Lycans and Troll that he ate. 

His Gift automatically increased their power. That's why when he received the two power, the Blaze and the Hypnotism, it evolved. The Blaze could burn faster and the Hypnotism could erase memories.

Christopher used Hypnotism to erase their memories. However, Hypnotism could only work to the Apprentice and ordinary people. It didn't work to the Intermediate and Masters, that's why Christopher couldn't erase the memories of the three lackeys of Donovan. 

Now, Christopher was walking around the camp, he was wearing knight armor so his face was hidden. 

'Before I go to the Entei I need to see Aria first.'

While walking he saw his friend talking to his father. Marlon and Marquis were fine although the Flesh made a ruckus. They didn't receive any serious injuries, Christopher smiled finding that they were okay. He passed them and decided to go straight to his purpose.  

Based on what he knew, Aria was always staying inside the Royal Tent. She was living alone there since her two brothers were busy. As for the Empress, she was depressed and she never get out of her tent. 

Christopher reached the place and he saw two guards who were protecting the tent. 

" Stop there, do you have errands for the Princess? What is the reason you are here, state your name. "

The guards asked him many questions at once. The Princess was abducted twice so they must heighten their security. The Intermediates were occupied with helping the army so they were the ones who were guarding the tent. It was a good thing for Christopher. 

Inside his armor, the blue tattoo glowed and Christopher hypnotized the two guards. 

11