MoC 120
238 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

120

The Goddess of Death didn't have any intention of getting Christopher nor Yuusha. Her heart was already taken by Tatsuya and she didn't want to find another man. For her, even if Tatsuya was already dead for almost a millennium, she still loved him. That thing would never change. 

"I'm just curious what kind of person did my two bitch sisters chosen."

She smirked looking down at him. 

'You don't have to slice me in half if you just want to ask me!'

Christopher rebuttal in monologue. Even in the original version, the Goddess of Death was not a romantic prospect, she was just a character watching in the background slowly building her religion. 

That's why Christopher wanted to have a business with her. The Goddess of Death won't distract nor block anything related to the Auburn War. 

Since the Goddess was already here, Christopher decided to offer his suggestion again. He opened his mouth that was covered with blood. 

"Goddess of Death, I think you already knew that I made a deal with your Bishop, what do you think? Entei is a good place to build your main Temple- ack!"

The woman stepped on his stomach, the heels was crunching and he felt that it was slowly sinking penetrating his skin. 

"Hm, so you have the guts to talk to me? Not bad, I applaud your courage young man."

"Kuck!"

"Well, location-wise, your city is a good place. It still didn't have any Temple and we can build our Temple with the excuse of protecting the Tomb of Necromancer."

She said it while rotating her heels on him, at last, a popping sound came and blood spurted out. 

"Okay, I'll give you a chance. If the Empire is still standing and if you can end this war then I will accept your proposal."

She indeed needed a city to build her Main Temple and the Entei meet all of her requirements. 

"Kuck, it's a promise."

Christopher replied while coughing. 

"Do I look like a woman who breaks her promise?"

She put pressure on her foot. 

"… No."

Christopher was forced to answer. 

"It seems that my child couldn't endure my power anymore…"

Acacia's veins were visible and it was color purple, the Goddess descended using her body and it had a time limit. The Goddess of Death's curiosity was already satiated when she saw what type of person Christopher is. 

Black particles were enveloping her, she started to get out of Acacia's body.

"Wait! How did the Necromancer die?"

Christopher wanted to ask this question because he felt that the Death Necromancer death was strange. Nobody knew how he died and Christopher believed that the Goddess of Death knew the answer. 

"… my son killed him."

"T- that's!"

The Goddess of Death vanished leaving them. Christopher started to grasp what happened five hundred years ago, and the one who could confirm that was Acacia. 

The black particles were now fully gone. Acacia fell to the ground panting crazily, the feeling of someone else controlling her body was revolting. She puked out releasing all the food that she ate early. Truth be told, she was afraid that the Goddess would completely take over her body.

Christopher could relate to her suffering, Acacia was a slave of the Goddess of Death. She was the only way for Death to enter the mortal world. From the moment she was born, her fate was already made, she herself was an embodiment of the Goddess of Death.

'Don't worry, Yuusha will save you…'

Christopher began to stand up. He was thankful to Abomination for giving him a convenient Gift. Any wounds or injuries would heal no matter how big or small it is, even his energy returned just by a minute. Seriously, this Gift was a life-saver, the only downside was that his heart would become cold the more he used it. He would lose his sympathy. 

"Gaha-!"

Acacia was coughing throwing out the things that she ate. Her vomit stopped and she wiped her mouth, she was still shivering. 

"Acacia, I recommend you to go with Yuusha and leave the Temple."

Christopher gave her a hint. Staying in the Temple was bad for her, the Goddess and Archbishop would only use her if she remained in them. 

"Actually…… No, never mind."

Christopher decided not to ask her about her predecessors. He could find the answer by himself. 

"After this war, the Main Temple would be built in the Entei so you don't have to work with them anymore. The religion will slowly become stronger after the Temple will be built so you can choose your own life now. If you want you can join me to win this war, your power can easily infiltrate any city… it depends on you if you want to help me. "

He moved his body and left him, he let Acacia decide about it. He was finished here and the Goddess accepted his proposal, all he needed to do was to end this war. Christopher was confident that the war would end even if he didn't help. The existence of Romero, Yuusha, and Julian was enough to end the war even if the other Masters of the Empire didn't help them. 

Romero was a monster. 

Yuusha had strong potential. 

Julian had his Uniqueness and Innate ability. 

If you put them in one team then they could win the battle just by themselves.

"Still, I will do my best to make the story go smoothly."

For now, the only people who knew that he was alive were Donovan, Miranda, Aria, and the three musketeers (Intermediates).

Donovan decided to stop assisting him because Christopher was hiding many things, he couldn't put his trust in someone who hid many secrets. Christopher could understand that.

Miranda set off when the civil war ended, the Baudan had already lost so she didn't have any reason to stay. Besides, Christopher gave her good information where she could find Tatsuya's legacy. When Miranda heard it, she ran but she left him a kiss on the cheek. 

Aria believed in Christopher, her loved deepened when Christopher told her everything. She became entirely smitten with Christopher, the man loved her too because he didn't hide anything from her and Aria found it sweet. Right now, she was practicing her power and she was improving rapidly. Her motivation pushed her to become a woman that would protect her loved ones, she was tired of being weak.  

As for the three musketeers, they were side-characters… no they were mob-characters. Christopher didn't remember their names because he didn't see them as important characters. 

"Hehe, it's funny that I didn't hate the Goddess of Death even though he almost killed me, instead I asked her to build the Temple on my territory… Christopher, no Derik, you're a freaking bastard."

12