Chapter 141
174 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

141

The ceremony moved forward. The Emperor was nodding to the people who were greeting and congratulating him. They were giving gifts, jewels, or any precious items that were hard to find. As the Emperor, Julian accepted all of them with no hesitation. 

He's the Emperor, the leader of the strongest country on the continent. 

The aristocrats who didn't help him were the ones who especially gave him valuable and expensive gifts. They wanted to appease their selves to the Emperor. They knew that their lives would be fucked up if the Emperor decided to eradicate them. Again, Julian accepted their gifts but he didn't give them any importance, he greeted them but that's it, nothing else. 

Then the time of Count Mellwood had come, many people looked at him. This man was the hero who protected his city and held the enemies. Many nobles had respect, especially that Count Mellwood lost his two sons. They knew how the man was suffering right now, that's why they had a great respect for him. Count Mellwood showed his strength and talent in leading even though he lost his second son in the middle of the war. 

The people commended him. Nothing but respect to the Count. 

Another reason why they were looking at him was because of the Princess. Princess Aria was staying in the Entei right now. There was gossip that Aria and Christopher had a relationship, and it seemed like the rumors were true. Based on what was happening, the Princess who was in Entei having a good time with Countess Mellwood, they already understood what happened. 

Princess Aria fell in love with Christopher, because of her loneliness, she lived with Christopher's parents. They heard that the Princess was crying in front of the Countess, saying that she let Christopher died. Some of the nobles didn't believe it, especially the females, they knew how arrogant Aria is. 

However, they could erase the fact that perhaps Aria really did cry because of losing her loved ones. As a woman, they could relate to her, maybe she changed but it was a poor thing that she lost her father, brother(Goerge), and lover. Any woman would cry if that happened, as of now the image of the Princess was slowly changing in their minds. 

"I greeted the Count."

Some of the nobles widened their eyes and even some gasped shocked at what happened. The Emperor, Julian, was the first who greeted the Count and he even bowed his head!! 

This was rare, a leader of a country bowing in front of his follower. This meant that Julian greatly respect Count Mellwood. 

"No your Highness, I should be the one to bow my head."

The Count smiled and kneeled, since the Emperor bowed, then he decided to lower himself more. The Emperor nodded at his gesture of respect. 

"This humble one had a gift for you."

Charles opened a casket, it was full of jewels. It was a simple gift but the Emperor took it, for him, having this simple gift was better than those grand treasures that the cowards gave to him. 

"Thank you for your gift Count… Are you still not going to accept my request?"

The Emperor dropped a bomb. 

Duke Fillan almost burst out laughing. 

Duke Zarasa and Duke Caparal shook their heads, the Emperor had the same frankness just like his father. Aquila and Julian are really father and son. 

Actually, the Emperor talked to Edson and Charles at the same time. He said that he wanted them to be pillars of the Cransia and gave them a higher ranking. The only one who accepted his request was Edson. Charles didn't accept it, he wanted to remain as a Count and govern the Entei. Entei is the place where his predecessors stayed and he wanted to be just like them. 

Julian was disappointed that Charles didn't accept it. He believed that Charles had the talent in leading a large territory. He was eager to bestow to him the title of Marquis.

As of now, the Title of Marquis was still empty because the Emperor was waiting for the Count to accept it. 

The aristocrats became silent, their eyes were staring at Charles, they were waiting on how he would answer. Some of them were jealous while some were proud. The Count made a great achievement in the war and they believed that he needed a great reward. The people gulped and waiting. 

Count Mellwood smiled and shook his head. His answer was already obvious.

"I'm happy for the consideration your Highness but I will decline. I believe that there are other people who need that position compare to me."

Charles's answer was still the same. The Emperor sighed, again, he was disappointed.

"I see, I'm sorry but there are no other people who can be a Marquis."

It was a statement, the nobles felt hurt but they didn't say anything. If the Count won't take the position, then they couldn't take it too. 

"Oh, I would like to say that Count Seblan has the qualifications. He did a great job when they attacked the Baudan."

"Tch, okay, then we could do that... Count Seblan."

"Y- Yes Your Highness!!"

A chubby noble moved forward and kneeled in front of the Emperor. What happened was a bit sudden but he could easily understand it. Right now, he would be bestowed with the title of Marquis.

The Emperor created a water sword and put them on his shoulders, the bestowal ended after that. 

"Thank you, your Highness! Long live the Emperor!"

Count Seblan, or I should I say Marquis Seblan was ecstatic.

"Glory to the Emperor!"

The nobles followed up.

The Emperor moved on and didn't stay in the problem. The ceremony advanced again. 

8