Chapter 7: See you soon
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*AB headquarters* 

Thomas and Oliver were horrified to see their brick build warehouse, which had high windows, burn into ruins. The trails of smoke reached the sky, and the flames of fire were coming out of the windows. They could predict that nothing would have remained there by this point. 

They were shocked to see their 'hard work' turn into ash.  

"Oh my god!!!" Oliver said as he stepped out of the car. Even though it was night time, past midnight, they could see everything pretty clearly because of the fire. 

"Who did this??" Thomas asked as he gritted his teeth. He was trying very hard to control his anger.  

"We couldn't find out sir ..." The assistant said nervously. "The footage of all the all cameras were deleted, even of the ones around this area." 

Oliver walked towards the burning warehouse to look for more clues and was followed by all of them.  

They couldn't see anything except for the guards who had been knocked out by the 'intruders'. Those guards were now trying to get away from the smoke, which was making them long for air.  

Oliver moved a little further towards the other side of the warehouse and then suddenly froze. Thomas and his assistant walked up to him. Thomas's eyes widened as he looked at what Olive was staring at for so long.  

They both stared at the brick wall, which was covered with cement and painted in grey. The catch here was that something was written on it- with blood. 

"See you soon..."  

"It's her..." Oliver said and stepped back. He looked kinda horrified.  

"How can it be??" Thomas said and was shocked to the core. "SHE DIED SIX YEARS AGO!!" As always, he started shouted when he got frustrated.  

The handwriting and the habit of conveying the message to her enemies by writing it with blood were familiar to them... because it had happened before.  

 

 *Flashback* 

"CATCH HER!!" Thomas shouted at his men as they started running after the girl...Summer Astley. They had kidnapped her, but somehow, she managed to escape.  

"I WANT HER DEAD!" He shouted again. 

Oliver was with those guards and was running after her.  

She was fast and pretty good at hiding. It was the same warehouse that she had destroyed in the present time. She somehow managed to get out of their grasp and was now running on the road.  

"Where the hell is she?" Oliver said in frustration as he looked around. He stood in front of the entrance of the warehouse, and she was nowhere to be seen.  

"Pss." There was some rustling from somewhere, and they all tried to locate it. 

Considering that she was severely injured at that moment because of the torture and what Oliver had done to her, they figured that she wouldn't have run too far away.  

They checked all the places near the warehouse but didn't find her anywhere. Now, the only place left was a car that was parked at some distance.  

They surrounded it, and on Oliver's orders, they started shooting at it all together. They could see blood splash on the driver's window, but that didn't stop them. When they were satisfied that there was no chance that she would survive now, they stopped shooting.  

A guard slowly started walking towards it. But before he could reach it, the car blew off, making them fall back. The blast wasn't too big but enough to make them cover their ears and lay on the ground, on their chest.

They were all shocked to see the unexpected blast, but it was good for them. Cause now there was NO chance that she would survive. 

After watching the car burn down for some time, they returned to the warehouse.  

"She's dead." Oliver told his father, who was unexpectedly standing near the entrance.  

"Then what is this?" He said and pointed towards the wall.  

As Oliver looked closely, he noticed that something was written on it, most likely by Summer, as they called her.  

"I'll come back." Was what she wrote on that wall, with her blood. The blood was dripping down, which made the font look spooky and shook them to their core.  

"But I saw the car blast in front of my eyes. We shot at her for a long time and there was blood on the windows." Oliver said, but Thomas wasn't convinced.  

She belonged to the Astley family, and even though the leaders were dead, the organization was still active. Those could go to any extent to protect their new and only leader.  

To their surprise, the Y organization vanished from the underworld after that incident. It seemed like they never even existed. There was no news, no information about them, not from any person or even the internet.  

Oliver was relieved and believed that she died and that they won the game. But Thomas, he could never get rid of the fear that someday they would come back and get their revenge. 

And now here he was, in front of his warehouse, watching it burn to ash, and reading the note that was written with blood in the same way as 6 years ago. The effect it held on him was similar too.  

He stepped back but tripped and fell on the floor. He began longing for air and started coughing loudly.  

The note from 6 years ago flashed in front of his eyes, and then came the memory of that girl, wounding and covered with bruises but still staring straight into his eyes with no fear before she ran away. At that time, she seemed to have changed within seconds, from a timid girl to a heartless killer.

That was the last memory he had of her, and that was what still gave him chills. He saw that sight multiple times in his nightmares. 

The thing he feared the most was turning into reality, and he wasn't prepared, even though he didn't know when the big reveal would happen. 

 

 

*2 hours ago* 

The warehouse was on fire that kept growing bigger and bigger. The flames started reaching the ceiling in no time, and after some time, they could see those flames come out of the windows. 

The other team members started walking towards the truck after standing there for some time. But Amy didn't move at all. 

Her fists were clenched tightly, and the same torturous expression was on her face. It seemed like she was on the verge of tears, but none escaped her eyes.   

The other didn't say anything and just watched as Amy achieved her first victory in this game of revenge.   

That warehouse held some of her worst memories that occurred 6 years ago and seeing it burn just brought back all of them. 

What the four of them could see was a warehouse burning, all the things inside it turning into ashes. The orange-red flames of fire reaching the ceiling and destroying everything. It was a normal sight that everyone would expect to see in a burning building.  

But what Amy saw was completely different. Her eyes were picturing a girl stuck in that fire, tired and wounded. She looked a lot like Amy, same brown hair, and hazel eyes. She had bruises all over her body. That girl was trapped in that fire, and Amy hated that. But she could not save her, not in the past, not now. 

That girl turned around and looked at Amy. Now, she looked at ease and smiled at her. Amy smiled back but was being tortured by seeing that scene, being reminded of that horrible memory. 

She walked over to the other side of the warehouse, an emotionless expression on her face again. It made it almost impossible to figure out what she was thinking.  

She didn't seem to feel any pain, neither physical nor emotional. She took out a knife that she always hid in one of her boots and made a cut all over her left hand.   

In no time, blood started flowing out of the wound; it started dripping on the ground. Amy slowly lifted the right hand in the air and placed two fingers on the wound, covering it with blood. She didn't even hiss in pain, and her expression remained consistent.  

Using all that blood, Amy began writing her message to them. The blood was a sign that she wasn't afraid of dying and her only motive now was their destruction.  

"See you soon..." 

 

0