Chapter 8: The first victory
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The others stood by the truck and waited for Amy to come back. They all were confused about why she went to the other side of the building. 

Suddenly the sound of boots clicking filled the silent night, and they all looked up. They could see that figure clearly as she walked closer, towards the lights that were in the truck. 

Their eyes widened as they saw her state. Her hand was bleeding; blood drops falling on the floor every few steps. Her eyes were unfocused and blank.

Jane and Theo rushed up to her and held supported her. 

"Amy, don't tell me you wrote something with blood again?" Aaron said out of worry, and she smiled softly.

They made her sit in the car and handed her water. Theo took a cloth and started wiping her wound. 

"Why did you cut so deep? It's going to take time to recover. Might even require stitches." Levi said in a worried tone. But he knew that it wasn't going to have any effect on her. 

"So what did you do?" Aaron asked and knew something big was coming up.

She smiled mischievously and looked at him.

"Seriously, what did you do?" Jane asked. 

"I wrote something...Just like seven years ago." She laid back.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!!?" Their curiosity increased.

"I wrote, see you soon on that wall." She said and then looked away. 

Theo and Levi's mouth was left wide open on hearing that. Jane shook her head as she felt sad for the ones who'll see that, while Aaron felt kinda proud and smiled brightly.

"They'll be terrified." Aaron said and started laughing; Jane and Levi joined him.

"Is it cause they won't know who it is?" Theo asked innocently. 

"Darling, the world wasn't informed about the blast. Everyone assumed that Summer Astley went into hiding and then forgot about it after some time. The death was a set up only for the Scotts." Jane informed him. 

"But what about the blast?" He inquired further. Theo was just 11 went that incident happened so, he didn't know much about it. 

"That was planned by us and Amy wasn't even in the car. Our people were present on the scene." Aaron explained.

"I bet that Thomas never believed that blast anyway." Levi said, and the others agreed with him. 

"So, in easy language, it's our victory." Theo said, and the other looked at each other.

"We destroyed their base..." Amy said and tilted her head as she looked at him. 

"OF COURSE IT'S OUR VICTORY!!!" The others shouted, making him shrug a little.

"So can we party?" Levi asked Amy, but she glared at him, making him look away in disappointment. 

"Let's go back." She suggested, and Levi nodded. 

The other hopped into the car, and Theo started driving. They kept saying nonsense the whole time. Amy and Aaron didn't speak much but did take part in the conversation. 

None of them needed to pretend to be strong in front of each other. They all didn't hesitate to show their childish and clumsy sides when they were alone. So they all were having the most fun at that time. But they had to act formal, even towards each other, as soon as they entered the outside world.

It took them quite a while to reach the forest so, halfway they started working again. Levi explained the condition of the warehouse, and Jane checked the updates on the auction while Aaron checked the actions of their new "business partners". 

Theo was focussing on driving, making sure that no camera could catch them enter the forest. The mirrors were tinted so no one could see who was inside. 

They entered the forest, and the guards were informed immediately cause the whole area was supervised through cameras. The guards gathered at the entrance of the mansion to greet their boss. 

The five friends stepped out of the truck one by one. They all were back to their professional forms, being cold and unapproachable. 

They walked inside the mansion, and Theo was asking her to rush the doctors, who were appointed to take care of the Elder Master. But obviously, it didn't make her worry even a bit, and she moved at her own pace, observing everything. The others knew about this and started talking about the updates on the departments they were responsible for.

When they were on their way to the doctor, they noticed something unusual. They saw Sam in the lobby, cleaning the floor. The head maid was standing beside him and supervising him. 

He glanced at them and was a little terrified. The whole gang looked cool but dangerous. They walked as if they owned the world, but one could tell that Amy was the leader. 

She had this aura, this confidence that made her stand out the most. Sam couldn't take his eyes off her. It was the first time he took a proper look at her. Her brown hair waved lightly as she walked, and her hazel eyes scanned the whole room. She wore black clothes as usual, with leather boots and a jacket. 

"I thought you would give him a tougher job?" Amy asked in a low voice and looked kinda surprised. 

"I didn't want to take any risks," Aaron whispered into her ear. 

"Well, I must say it does suit him," Levi said, and they all chuckled except for Amy, who maintained a straight face. She had a strict rule of not showing her soft side to anyone except for the people closest to her. 

They walked to the doctor's room, and he examined her wound. As Levi had said, it was pretty deep and thus required stitches. 

She didn't rebel against it and remained calm. There was no sign of pain on her face throughout the process. It seemed as though she had become numb to pain and was at a point where she didn't feel anything.

Amy straight away walked out of that room, and it was Jane who listened to all of the instructions given by the doctor and took the painkillers. Amy started walking faster, for she wanted to see Chris as soon as possible.

The other friends didn't follow her cause they knew where she was headed and that she wouldn't want them to be there. Amy didn't want Chris to be involved in her world. It was her grandfather who forced that. He was the one who placed a gun in his hand.

She reached his room and took a deep breath before she opened the door. The room was filled with toys and kids' books. Well, he was a lot smarter than any other children his age, so he was taught a level higher. It was morning time, so Chris was still sleeping, all curled up in his bed. He was unaware of anything that had happened last night. 

"Good Morning, darling." She said and opened the curtains of his room. He groaned and covered his face, turning to the other side. Amy smiled softly and walked up to his bed.

"It's time to wake up, baby." She said and kissed his forehead lightly. 

He slowly woke up, his eyes half-closed and hair all ruffled. He wore cure pajamas with teddy bears on it, which he hated cause he found it stupid. He didn't say anything and just hugged her tightly, clinging onto her like a koala. It was rare that Amy herself waked him up, so he didn't want this moment to pass away so easily. 

Amy smiled softly, and the cute little being hugging her tightly. She stood up, with Chris in her arms, and walked towards the washroom. She washed him up and dressed him. It didn't happen every day, so it was really special and fun.

"Mom..." He said suddenly between all that laughter. She was dressing him and paused. 

"That new guy you got... is he good?" He asked hesitantly. Amy's expressions changed; that bright smile faded from her face, and she became a lot sadder.

Even though she didn't want him to get involved in her world, he already was. She had told him the truth, the reason behind this revenge, and who their enemies were. So if one day she wasn't around, he wouldn't fall into the wrong hands; he would know what to do, who was wrong, and who was right.

Chris knew the reality, the truth about what sort of person his mother was, but he didn't rebel against it. He didn't ever ask her to change, nor was he afraid of her. 

Because Chris knew that she was doing the right thing, he knew how hard she was trying to give him a 'normal' life, as people called it. He knew how she spent time with him even when she was severely injured; he knew how she hid her pain from him.

"I don't know..." Amy told him the truth. "What do you think?" 

"I think he's mysterious..." Chris answered and started thinking. Amy smiled at seeing her little prince become a detective. 

"I mean, no one knows who he really is, and he never talks much." 

"His is one the wanted list as he told us." Amy told and was getting carried away. 

Chris was a lot smarter, as I said earlier. He tried to adapt to his atmosphere, how dangerous his life was going to be, and how careful he needed to be. Amy knew it pretty well and always told him not to worry, but Chris never agreed. He got the same stubbornness as her.

"We are still testing him, and honestly, I don't believe him, so better be careful." She stroked his head lightly, and he nodded with a bright smile.

"AMY, THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE AUCTION!" 

0