Ch17: A Date With The Moon
2k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Date With The Moon

Oriente 6, Heaven

I couldn't believe it, I was on my way to the forest where an evil goddess tried to kill me and almost froze me to death just yesterday. But I had to do it, because I have to meet my family as soon as possible, to tell them that I'm fine and alive, kinda, and that I have to get out of here and return to earth.

This time they lent me a nice coat and pants. I also have to try to erase the bad impression of yesterday, so I brought a cake that Momo helped me buy to give to Tamamo as an apology. Although it was a bit difficult since Urakaze wanted to sell it for almost triple the price, but after I threatened her that I would go somewhere else, she decided to leave it at the normal price, although the transparent angel almost told her what the cake was for, but managed to avoid it. It was a bit difficult due to the pain from yesterday's wound, but nothing to worry about. I am about to enter the forest, so all that remains is to find the river again and follow it. I hope to get out of here before lunch and warn Momo to make preparations this afternoon.

Well, this is the river. Now I have to be as calm as possible, so that it doesn't look like a threat, and by the way, I better put a new magazine in the pistol, just in case.

From a good distance I could see the temple where I tried to take refuge yesterday. I bent down to see what the girl from yesterday was doing, and when I saw her, I was surprised by what she was doing. The same bonfire that I made yesterday was still there, she had kept it, because I could see a large amount of wood nearby that was not there before, near it on a small and improvised chair there was what seemed to be a rag doll made of cloth, it had something on its feet that looked like a plate made of branches. And the most important part was the girl from yesterday who left through the door of the disrepair temple.

She had a happy face as she pushed the door that I had repaired, and that when she closed the door she liked the repair because she closed and opened it about 5 times to check how the repair was finished, she was wearing quite curious clothes because they vaguely looked like those of a maid, but they were made of other clothes so they barely had the shape, but it was of different colors, primitively dyed with dark colors, and as an apron she had the clothes I was going to sleep in yesterday, it seems she saw better use of them again. She also had a basket in one of her arms, I couldn't see what it contained, but with it she went to where the rag doll was and started talking to her.

"So how do you think the food is, sir?"
"Can I bring you some cakes for dessert?"
"Miss Blue Doll taught me how to make these mud pies"
"Very delicious I must admit"

I couldn't believe it, she was playing with toys she had made and talking to them, she was very excited because she couldn't stop smiling while she was talking. Although it was unexpected, it made me so happy that I realized I was smiling too, just to see her that what in theory was a dangerous monster had a kind and happy side.

A second later she stopped and turned her head to where I was. Did she see me?

"Ahh, there someone there !" she yelled.

Immediately after yelling that, she ran back into the temple, closed the door, there were sounds of things falling, and came out wearing the clothes she used yesterday, along with her spear, again pointing in my direction.

It was my time to act, so I slowly got out of where I was and put my hands up.

"Wait!!"
"Stay calm"
"I don't intend to hurt you"
"I'm going to leave the gun here where you can see it."I put my gun on the ground and then walked a little slowly towards her, but kept a good distance.
"You can stay there if you want."
"I'm not coming any closer."
"I know we didn't have the best way to introduce ourselves yesterday, but I need to talk to you for a moment."

"I did my part yesterday and now you come for me again!?"
"What if you come to kill me?"
"Just leave me alone!!!" she said.

"Sorry for bothering you"
"But I don't have many options right now."

"So you really came for me!"

"Is my sister
"She was a very sick person, but the angels helped me with her health."
"My problem is that now I'm trapped here and I want to see her as soon as possible, to check if she's okay, because I'm afraid that bad news about me could affect her a lot".

"That's a job for the angels, not for me."

"She's human, she lives on earth, what I'm looking for is a way to get back there."

"If she is human, how are you sisters?"

"It's a very strange long story"

"Well, the answer is no"
"I'm not interested and I just want to be alone"
"Better get out, or we'll see if you can defend yourself despite the pain you have"

Everything seemed to be going nowhere, but then something typical of my luck happened again. Something that looked like a crystal in the shape of a tower appeared, it came from the other side of the river, it walked with its three legs that it had to move, it turned completely on itself and seemed to notice us, it took a small step back as if preparing to face us.

"But what is that?" the goddess asked.

But before she could finish speaking, the rare crystal thing appeared with a purple halo near the center of its body. And for more surprise, it vaguely reminded me of something I had seen before, a nightmare eye, the same technique that some dragons used to fire a kind of laser to attack, capable of destroying airplanes.

"Watch out!"

Instinctively, I rushed to where the girl was and threw myself at her to get her out of the way of the monster's attack, as it takes a few moments for it to charge and then throw the laser. The beam passed about two meters from where we were, but we were still two meters away from being hit by a laser beam.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked the girl as I turned to see what the monster was doing.

"What was that thing?" she said.

"Is it the first time you have seen something like that in this forest?" I asked.

"I've never seen anything like that in my life!"

The crystal monster moved like a crab and moved sideways from the river to the position I was in moments before, right behind it was my weapon, then another see a halo in the center of the tower crystal reappeared.

I took the girl and lifted her in my arms, and even though she was bigger than me, I could do it with ease. I started running in a zigzag pattern, waiting for the right moment to make a last-minute dodge to the side to avoid the lightning. It was a risky technique, but it was the most effective for such attacks. A roar was heard as he attacked in vain, missing by quite a distance.

"Are you sure you can continue to hold me despite the pain you are in?" the girl said.

"I'm sorry, I did it accidentally, it was not my intention," I said as I put her back on the ground.
"But right now we don't have time to complain about the pain."
"If we don't do something, this thing won't stop attacking us."

"Attack it with your weapon, it seemed quite powerful"

"The one behind that thing?"
"What about your bomb papers?"

"I have no more paper to make my talismans"
"I used the ones I had left yesterday."

"Get ready, here it comes again!" As soon as I finished saying that, she and I both jumped in different directions.

But then the monster, which seemed to have learned from its mistakes, moved at the last second and hit Tamamo right in the chest with its beam.

"AAAHH!" she shouted into the air.

I went straight to her without losing sight of the monster and quickly checked her wound. She had a large hole in the right side of her chest, but despite the nature of her injury, she was quite well, as a normal person would have died immediately.

"Put this on the wound, press hard"
"Give me a moment and I'll get you to a doctor"

"Watch...out..."

!!!

The monster did not attack with its lightning this time, but decided to attack and tried to pierce me with the tip of one of its legs, it tried not to make any noise, but thanks to the warning, I managed to react in time and move away together with Tamamo. But that wouldn't matter if I didn't manage to finish off this thing and get it to where it could be treated. This Tower Crystal is almost completely similar to a Nightmare Eye, so maybe its weakness is also the platform at the top. But what can I hit it with that will be strong enough to knock it down?

"Use my naginata to attack him," the injured girl said.

As if she already knew what I was thinking at that moment, Tamamo threw the spear that was nearby for me to use, and without thinking twice, I took it and made a gesture of thanks. After that, I moved away from her a bit and ran to the other side, making the monster choose between the girl on the ground and the one with the spear. And doing the most obvious thing, it quickly chased after me. I ran a little further into the forest, where there were more large trees, so he could not move so freely.

After dodging a few of his leg attacks, I quickly climbed one of the tallest trees. I'm not going to lie, it hurt a lot from the effort I had to make to be fast, and my hands hurt a little despite the gloves I was wearing, but I had managed to confuse the Crystal Beast so that it seemed to be spinning around looking for me. I took the opportunity to move between the branches to position myself just above what could be considered its head, preparing the spear with the point down, and just as I paused for a moment, I launched myself with all my might. It was a perfect hit, so good in fact that the monster fell as if they had turned off a machine, so abrupt in fact that I had to hold on to the same spear to avoid falling from that height. Once on the ground, I removed the spear from its body and started running towards the girl. There was no time to lose, I had to get her out of here as soon as possible.

"It...hur...ts," she said.
"...help...!"

"Hang in there"
"I will get you out of here right now"

I moved quickly to see her wound again. It was like seeing a bullet hole that went through her from one side to the other, although I'm sure it was bigger the first time I saw it, but it could be that I just didn't see it well. It also seems that the piece of cloth I gave her worked well because she did not lose more blood, which I was afraid of, probably because it was like a normal laser beam that cauterized the wound.

"Well, this will have to do for now, it's not much, but it's better than nothing."
"Keep pressing the cloth, hold it, and don't let it go!"
"I'm going to get you out of here, I'm going to carry you on my shoulders, it's going to move but you have to hold on"

As soon as I had picked up my weapon and put the girl on my shoulders, I started running the way back as fast as my feet and my pain would allow me. Tamamo was not heavy, in fact, she was quite light even though she was taller than me, but the rough terrain and the running is wearing me down.

"Hey, are you okay?"
"Are you cold?" I asked.

"Help...me..."

"Don't worry."
"I'm on it."

Now that I knew the way this time, it took much less time to travel it, but I have to do it even faster if I want to save her. After all, this was probably my fault, if I hadn't sought her out for my problems, she wouldn't be hurt. So I have to do whatever I can to help her, even if it means aggravating the wounds I already have, I have to keep running. I could already see the path that led to the hotel, and because it was close and with a slightly more regular path, I began to run even faster.

I'm even gasping for breath from the pain, but I was determined not to stop. Tamamo had a few minutes where she stopped complaining, so I thought maybe she had lost consciousness, although I could feel her breathing, so she was still fine. As I got closer to the inn, I saw an easily recognizable silhouette, it was Urakaze.

"What are you doing?"
"You should rest!"
"Wait, who is she?" she said, surprised to see me.

"Call another ambulance"
"It's an emergency, again!"

"Immediately"

"Perfect..."
"If you forgive me..."
"I'm going to pass out for a bit ..."

Just as I finished speaking, everything became blurry, and the next thing I remembered was seeing the floor rapidly approaching my face.

What do you think of the protagonist and how has he done things?
  • He is a fairly proactive protagonist, almost everything happens for him Votes: 14 18.7%
  • It is quite reactive, does nothing until something happens first Votes: 14 18.7%
  • t's a Mary Sue Votes: 2 2.7%
  • It is quite inconsistent, sometimes it does things and other times it has to be pushed to do somethi Votes: 17 22.7%
  • t's a punching bag that keeps getting in trouble Votes: 28 37.3%
Total voters: 75
45