Ch171: Morningstar
426 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morningstar

June 21
7:00 PM

The door of the cafeteria rang once again, the old man came in looking for me immediately, he found me in my usual seat. He came walking quite patiently over to me and sat down across from me to talk. His granddaughter was talking to Momo, I noticed how strange it was that he wanted to talk to me again, but at the same time knowing that it was important he continued with his talk.

"Okay"
"Everything ready?" asked the old man with a smile on his face.

"Almost everything"
"Tamamo is changing clothes and Charlotte is in the bathroom"

"Wait a minute, the robot goes to the bathroom!?"

"It has something to do with how she gets energy"
"We will also be joined by Xi'an, she went to pick up Cedric"
"They are about to arrive, once they are here we can leave"
"I don't know if there is enough room in the car for you"

"Don't worry, two detectives are also coming by car to pick me up"
"I was actually planning for you to get in that car"

"Well, well, what do we have here"
"Two young boys excited to attend a party at night"
"Please take care of her and remember to return her as you found her now" Said my mother as she approached.

"Of course!
"In fact thank you very much again for your help, seriously"

The door opened again, two more men had just entered. One of them was a slightly older man, he looked tired and his suit was rather shabby. The other was a young man, perfectly dressed, in his bag you could see how he proudly carried the police medal so it was easy to guess that they were Yamamoto's subordinates.

"Oh perfect, they came at the perfect time"
"Elise, this is Dojima and Adachi."
"They are two of the detectives I usually check to make sure they do their job well"
"They will be helping us"
"Guys, this is Elise"
"She is the leader of tonight's backup team"

"Hey, man, I think there's a problem"
"Are you sure about this?"
"When you said you got mercenary help I was picturing at least one tall guy with a lumberjack beard and sharpshooter's glasses" said the young boy when he saw me.

"Oh sorry, I should have left the false beard at your mother's house"
"I had to leave quickly because the neighbors were complaining about her moaning"

"What did you just say!?"

"Adachi, calm down, you're the one who started it"
"Elise may look a little young but she has a long and solid track record"
"She has helped me a lot and I trust her much more if she will do her job well than you two"

"A little young!?"
"You took her out of the school!"

"Yes, but she does know how to follow the rules given to her by her superiors, such as keeping quiet"
"And she will not be the only one, she will also be accompanied by part of her team"
"They usually take care of serious affairs with important people"

"Yes, of course, they sure helped a lot when the president of the United States came to visit"

"Damn kid, with that attitude of yours do you think you'll grow old?"
"Don't you understand the context?"
"Just think a little bit, the old Yamamamoto really respects someone younger than him"
"That's not alarming enough?" said the other detective.

"Elise has military experience in the continental war"
"She was present at the battle of New York and was with me at Nogi Park"
"Is that enough?"

"What brain power do you have in your group, Yamamoto" said my mother sarcastically.

"And it is because of people like him that I have to contact you in the first place"

The door rang once again, familiar faces, Xi'an and Cedric. They saw us all gathered and came to greet us.

"All right, I think we are all here"
"I would like to leave now, I don't think our enemies will wait for us all night"

"All right, see you later!"
"Happy hunting"  said my mother saying goodbye.

We all started walking towards the door, Tamamo and Charlotte joined us at the exit. When Haru saw me leaving with his grandfather and the others he opened his mouth wide, she was surprised by what he was seeing, no doubt she wanted to ask what was going on. Her grandfather just stroked her head a little and told her he would come back later. Haru knew it was something important for him to do, but he also wanted to know why I was part of the plan. I'm sorry for those of you who stayed behind, they're going to have to endure her hyperactive mode until we get back.

We got into the Super Snake and followed the detectives' car all the way to the Tokyo docks, we arrived at a private area where there were more police cars and the SAT team. All of them were in positions ready to enter and take over the place in a matter of minutes. Detective Adachi got out of the car first to open the door for Inspector Yamamoto, he walked to a table where there was a table with a screen showing the map of the port. The rest of us followed him there.

"According to our informant, today is the day when the purchase will be made"
"Somewhere in this port, there are several containers with dangerous weapons that should not reach the streets of our country"
"When we start throughout Japan, several raids will be carried out in order to arrest all the members of the Kanenaga terrorist group"
"Today will be the day we get rid of this plague"
"First the recon team will try to find the place of purchase and try to guess which ones are the containers with the weapons"
"When the purchase is done we will raid the place quickly"
"We hope that in 5 minutes the whole place will be under our control"
"If everything goes well we can call the reporters to come and take pictures"
"If something happens then we will go to plan B"
"The group next to me are mercenaries, they are pretty good, they will only interfere in case we need reinforcements"
"If that happens, I need you to please listen and follow their orders, okay?"
"I don't like having to do this but you know yourselves that we don't have enough people for this"
"The leader has the code name White, and her second in command is IDOL, if you hear either of them please obey"

Inspector Yamamoto said without revealing exactly who I was so as not to cause further misunderstandings. But his efforts were of little use when I raised my hand to speak to them. The old man looked at me with pity, he didn't want me to speak but I was going to do it anyway.

"I don't like to intrude so early in  but I have an important suggestion to make"
"Sending a reconnaissance team on this mission is quite dangerous"
"You run the risk of being discovered and captured"
"They could get away and hide the weapons before we get close"
"What if instead we use drones that will monitor the area and with them we can mark the correct containers"
"They are quite small and we can put them in strategic places and turn off their propellers so that they do not produce noise"

"Drones?"
"Sorry but we don't have them"

"Well, we have two that we can use"
"They are no big deal, they are for civilian use but a friend of mine modified the camera so that they have night vision"
"Idol is good at handling them, she'll be able to spot the place quickly if given the chance"

"Do you really intend to listen to the child?"

"Well, her idea is not a bad one to begin with, Adachi"
"At least she shows initiative and seeks to put others at least as little risk as possible"
"Why can't you be like her?"
"We'll go with that plan"

"Well done rookie, the little girl wins you over" Dojima said mockingly.

"Doesn't anyone think it's weird?"
"Am I the only one who thinks she's out of place here?"

Xi'an walked to his car and from the trunk took out a box containing the two small drones and an antenna to be able to use them from a great distance as this place was quite big. Charlotte approached the screen and took control of it to show the video of the drones to the others. Everyone was amazed by what she had just done. Meanwhile, the others were preparing their weapons for the moment. I was checking my weapon when the inspector came walking up to me. He handed me a small blue officer's coat and a cape with matching color. He had had them made. He said that with them at least I seemed to have authority, maybe it wouldn't help but at least maybe the others would take me a little more seriously.

Shortly after Charlotte told us that she had managed to find the place so we all went to check it out. Several containers were near a ship that had just arrived this morning. There were several people there, none of them employees of the ship or the dock, the android made a facial recognition and was positive, one of them was identified as a member of the gang we were looking for. The inspector ordered the SAT team to place themselves in very advantageous points, there was no place where they could easily escape, it was clear that he had experience in this. They were surprised, but the Inspector was curious to hear the conversation about the purchase, he wanted to see if they released any more information than they had. My daughter brought the drone even closer.

"Evil will never prevail!"
"Wherever evil people exist, justice will pursue them!"
"The warrior of love and justice makes her stellar entrance!"
"Morningstar the magical girl will teach criminals a lesson wherever they are!"

A girl appeared on top of the containers with weapons. She was dressed in a bizarre costume and right behind her was a steel golem. She was quite young, too young, with short hair of a strange pink color. She had her hand up in the air, pointing to the moon as she was sure of her future victory. The strangest thing was her entrance, for it was as full of color and lights as the show we were witnessing suggested.

"Hey, Elise"
"By chance she ......" Yamamoto tried to speak.

"No, she is not with me"
"I'm just as confused as everyone else"

The gunmen were also confused when they saw the girl on top of the containers. However, the terrorists would risk nothing, they raised their weapons and began to shoot without remorse. The steel golem stood in front of his mistress to protect her from danger. The SAT men were furiously asking what to do because they did not want the girl to be harmed. Everyone at the command post was dumbfounded. The terrorists, seeing that it didn't seem to be working, brought out the heavy artillery and one of them fired a rocket at her. There was a loud explosion, but the girl was completely unharmed, a huge wall of ice was in front of her, and a wand was in her hand. Tamamo mentioned that this was real magic.

I pulled myself towards the monitor to look more like the girl's face, it was familiar to me, it was a face that I had burned into my mind, it was one that tore me apart at night. 

"Charlotte, fast, facial recognition on her"
"Compare to Mitsuki Izumi Räikkönen, country of origin: Sweden"

"...."
"...."
"Positive, matching rate 96%"

"Holy shit"

It was really her, she was the girl I killed. Everything matched what I remembered. But even so what was she still doing, of all places and times? She was putting herself in danger, I couldn't leave it like this, not now that I know who she is. My feet moved first before my mind.

"Yamamoto, I'm going in!"
"The element of surprise has been lost. Tell the others to launch the attack now"
"I'll take care of the girl!"

"Attention all units"
"Green light, repeat green light"
"Enter and proceed to arrest them immediately!"

The situation could not have been worse. With the appearance of that girl, all our preparations had been lost. Not only were the terrorists on maximum alert, but they had already armed themselves to the teeth. What would have been a normal arrest had turned into a battle to the death, and that girl, unaware of her mistake, was responsible for it. The SAT men entered bravely trying to protect the girl but were brutally met by machine gun fire. Xi'an took a sniper rifle from her car and climbed to the top of a tower to give the cops cover. Cedric was also forced to enter in order to secure a way through as some men were already escaping.

The girl shot a bolt of lightning from her wand, it hit several men who dropped their weapons, but as soon as the effect was over they picked them up again and fired. The Golem pushed the girl to dodge the shots while he protected her. Some policemen nervous to see the little girl in distress came out of their covers to call attention and protect her. The terrorists complied and fired at them, wounding one seriously. I ran as fast as I could to get to the scene and stop her before more people got hurt.

The magical girl was running across the ground casting ice spells to try to stop the men who were shooting at her, but there were too many of them, the girl was screaming in a panic trying to freeze magic as fast as she could while running for her life. Her Guardian was taking heavy damage trying to protect her reckless teacher. When I was finally close to her I lunged at her to stop her, I watched as a terrorist launched another rocket launcher at us, the golem was too far away to do anything. In a panic I summoned Avalon to protect us both, there was a loud explosion but the girl was safe. Tamamo jumped over several containers and threw several talismans, creating with them a huge wall of ice that separated us from our enemies.

"What the hell were you thinking!"
"These people are dangerous criminals!"
"Do you have any idea of the danger you are putting us in!"

"Let me go!"
"Stopping evil people is the job of magical girls!"
"Wait a minute! You were a magical girl too?"
"Oh, I can't believe it! A real one! Can I work with you!?"

"Da fuck?"

"Darling, there are more of them coming from that side!"

Even though I was holding the girl with one hand, with the other I took my gun and shot where Tama had indicated. Right after that a man came forward and was shot in the head, his inert body fell to the ground like a mannequin. But he was not the only one, more and more footsteps could be heard approaching.

"Did you just kill him!?"
"Did you kill someone!?"

"Listen girl, this is real life, people die all the time"
"It was him or us!"
"If you hadn't done something so stupid none of this would be happening!"
"You just threw away months of police work trying to capture one of the most dangerous gangs in the world!"
"And all for what? For playing the heroine of a children's show?"
"What do you think would happen if you walked into the middle of a place full of criminals with guns!?"

"I didn't know that!"
"I didn't think it would get out of control!"

A group of SATs came down one of the aisles and saw us. As they had seen me before they knew I was with them, one even threw a pair of handcuffs at me to stop it. But just as fast as they appeared another group of criminals appeared, when the two groups met they opened fire. Again I took Avalon to protect the girl. Tamamo threw his naginata to stop the enemies. I have no idea where the Golem was now, it was probably on the other side of the ice wall. There was more exchange of fire, I fired a little with my pistol to help. With each detonation, the little girl screamed in panic. When the shooting ended there were several people on the ground. Most of them criminals, but also two policemen, who tried to come to protect her as well.

One of them was already dead, the other was convulsing, he was critical, and you could see how he had been wounded very close to the neck. One of his companions was treating him while the others were securing the place. Tamamo ran to help him. Mitsuki was watching in horror as the man writhed in pain and screamed for his mother. The girl realized that all this was really her fault, for interfering in a serious matter with the innocence of a child who was dying because of the choices she was making. I was furious at her, but I still owed her a debt to pay. I removed the handcuffs and looked her in the face.

"Just get out of here! Get out of my sight!"
"Get out and don't come back!"
"Don't you ever even think about doing anything like this again!"
"I won't be nice to you next time"

"What... who are you?"

"Your worst nightmare if you ever play Magic Girls again" I pointed my gun at her to make my point.

The girl looked at me scared and wanted to cry. I think that for the first time in her life she understood that she could die depending on what she would do next. With her hand almost without energy, she made a gesture and the metal Golem appeared quickly, it was completely destroyed, it had done everything to protect the girl from her recklessness. He stretched out his one functional hand and she sat on it. Then the golem flew a little to disappear between the buildings of the city. I returned with Tamamo to try to help the wounded policeman, then we spent the rest of the night with the rest of the criminals, we didn't even know if we managed to stop them all or if any of them escaped thanks to the girl.

17