Chapter 9: Satisfying Meal
94 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the western portion of the Sanguine Forest, known for its many carnivorous plants, there was a cold desolate cavern, quietly tucked away at the bottom of Green Cliff. As the 3rd sun started to fall marking the beginning of the day for the creatures of this forest, the cavern that had been lively before was now eerily quiet.

 

From the crack in the ceiling of the quiet cavern, light of the suns leaked in, warming the cavern the best they can. Despite the effort there was no warmth within the cavern. What little warmth that entered the cavern was slowly absorbed by the flower that has inhabited this cavern for over a year. 

 

The flower has always been in the cavern alone, eking out a life with the little amount of nutrients the 3 moons could provide it. 23 days ago the 3 Moons bestowed the flower with the newly created power of Spirit Qi. Upon assimilating this new energy a consciousness was born within the flower.

 

With its newly created consciousness it became The Black Lily Blessed by the Moons. The consciousness developed a personality and emotions, she became proud that she was the one blessed by the moons.

 

The Black Lily felt proud of this even if she didn’t actually understand this or what it meant, she just knew it was something to be proud of. She soon developed a stubbornness as she continued to grow in this cavern that lacked many nutrients, even though she possessed the ability to move. 

 

This was her birthplace, this was her home, this is where she shall stay. Some days passed as she basked in the moonlight of the 3 moons, before the peace of her cavern was interrupted.

 

A white fox had managed to squeeze its way through one of the small cracks in the secluded cavern. 

 


 

This small white fox had been infused with Spirit Qi on this very day. The white fox’s existence was inherently different from The Black Lily’s, yet it was also similar. The fox had also been infused with a blessing upon its awakening to Spirit Qi. The difference of this blessing was the fact that it was almost an afterthought. 

 

The fox was not supposed to be one born with a blessing originally. It was born to be fodder to help the blessed evolve and grow. The World’s Consciousness that was both the cause and the effect of the beginning of Spirit Qi for this world, had just bestowed the Blessing of Blood upon a wolf and had prepared to hibernate while the blessed grew, yet it realised it still had one last blessing to give.

 

The blessing was one The World Consciousness had put little importance on causing it to be forgotten all together till this moment. Knowing that more time spent now the longer it must hibernate, it bestowed the Blessing of Augury to one of the closest beasts.

 

This beast was the white fox, with the blessing given to the white fox he became The Augury Fox, a sign of the future. This blessing was an odd one with an unknown effect lest one knows the future, which was not something The World Consciousness knew. 

 

Caring little about The Fox, The World Consciousness went into hibernation without checking on the integration of The Fox’s blessing. In the end the blessing was fully absorbed by The Fox, but it was not solidified within him, making him weaker than the other Blessed.

 

The Fox could be considered both unlucky and lucky. He had managed to encounter 2 Blessed soon after awakening. After escaping one he encountered another, yet this second one regarded The Fox with little more than some curiosity upon their meeting.

 

With their interactions starting from this curiosity and then ignorance, they began to coexist in the same cavern, one wholly ignorant and one satisfied by the gains. As they both rested and cultivated they had increased both of their cultivation speeds. Just the same as a tree and a human creating a cycle, The Black Lily and The Fox created a cycle of Spirit Qi. 

 

With a few ups and downs that continued to surprise The Black Lily by the pure ignorance The Fox seemed to have, the two spent 18 days together.

 

Then The Black Lily reached the point of Evolution. When she had reached this point the 3 Moons decided that she needed a good trigger for her evolution to provide her with a head start. Not bothering to ask The World Consciousness about its thoughts on the plan the 3 Moons urged The Black Lily to devour the Blessed Fox.

 

Giving into the urging of the 3 Moons The Black Lily started the process of devouring despite her own thoughts on the issue. 

 

There was a struggle, but soon the battle was won and The Black Lily seemed to have emerged victorious, she had received her Satisfying Meal and started her absorption and evolution.

 

Well that was the thoughts of the 3 Moons about the event but reality was quite a bit different than the 3 Moons thought. Upon the start of the process The Black Lily had succeeded and began to devour, before she felt a scorching pain spread throughout her roots.

 

She thought to remove her roots from The Fox only to find she couldn’t remove her roots from him or remove the restraints she had put upon him. An unknown force that not even the 3 Moons noticed stopped her from going back, there was only forward.

 

She continued to panic for a time before she felt a different Guidance than the one the 3 Moons had used to help her grow. The Guidance said to pierce his heart to stop the scorching pain. So with little hesitation she did just that.

 

Her roots quickly made their way to The Fox’s heart and pierced it promptly. The Fox went limp making the 3 Moons believe it was all over. Unknown to them once again The Black Lily had also gone limp and unconscious at the same moment.

 

Under the control of the unknown power, her roots then started to move. The roots slowly wrapped around the heart and fully encased it within them. Afterwards the 2 roots that pierced the heart originally expanded and became hollow in the center. The hollow roots then started to spread throughout the body.

 

In little time the roots had formed a second circulatory system within The Fox. The roots outside of The Fox had retreated to inside of him as this circulatory system formed. Now with only the flower of The Black Lily visible, the evolution started.

 

*Sigh*

 

Off in a distant location forgotten by even The World Consciousness a sigh was heard.

 

“Even if you, my brothers and sisters, forget about the obscure interactions and rules, they must be followed with no exceptions. Though it seems they have forgotten about even myself, I doubt they remember the rules.”

 

*Sigh*

 

“We are still too young”


Author Note: Thought I would give some outside view of the world and the powers within it. Though it seems I still didn't show the results of the Satisfying Meal huh. Well anyway I'm glad to see you all are attached to our little Fox even if only a little. I think I'll throw in a Poll about whether you all want a Side Story Chapter which shows this from the research perspective and gives a more cause, effect explanation. Also the Side Chapter would be way past the current time period of the Side Story so that's another thing to consider and we could bounce back to the right timeline again after for the Side Story.

Also realized something about the release time on here, turns out it goes by their 5 pm so its releasing on my 4 pm CST, which it will continue to do. (at least I think that's what's going on)

Another Side Chapter?
  • Yes Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe a few chapters later Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Give us the explanation in time order of the Side Story Votes: 2 15.4%
Total voters: 13 · This poll was closed on Dec 25, 2020 04:38 AM.
13