Chapter 12: The Bone
85 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the fall of the 3rd sun The Fox starts his new morning. Knowing that his first priority every morning is first to get some food in him so that the Hunger will leave him alone, he heads to the now familiar storage space. 

 

Looking into the hole that forms this storage space The Fox faces the reality that The Black Lily had brought up the day before, there are truly only mice left to eat. Inside the food storage sat the bodies of 4 mice he had killed during his hunting period, 4 days left.

 

‘We need to do something’

 

Uh Huh, and what should we do?

 

‘.....I was asking for help with that part’

 

....

 

‘Ok, so the useless plant continues to be useless’

 

Somehow feeling The Black Lily turn her back to him and pout, The Fox moves on from just sitting here at the food storage. Picking one of the older mice, not that it really matters with the fact that these mice seem to rot very slowly, The Fox went back to his new bed and started his morning meal.

 

Taking little to no time to get from starting his meal to finishing it The Fox started to get up from his bed/dining area.

 

Hey, finish the mouse

 

‘?’

 

Don’t just leave the bones and the rest of the small pieces of flesh on the ground

 

‘???’

 

I’m not able to clean after you now! But I still need the energy from those areas!

 

‘I can’t eat bones….’

 

Eat it anyway

 

‘....I CAN’T eat the bones’

 

Eat. The. Bones.

 

Suddenly The Fox felt his ability to move be redistricted. Looking at the source he saw multiple vibrant green roots rooted in the area around him. Despite the annoyance at the use of them in this current moment, at least he now knows she can use them still.

 

‘Literally can’t’

 

You won’t know if you wont try

 

‘I pretty sure I know this’

 

Well I don’t so prove it to me or I won’t let you go

 

‘What in the blazing suns is that reasoning!’

 

....

 

Now The Fox was faced with a conundrum, does he choke and bleed to death from bone fragments, or do I wait for this flower to give up on this effort. Considering which is the better option, though he was inclined to believe the second one was the better answer by far, he didn’t notice himself slowly being dragged back towards the bones by the roots.

 

As The Fox’s body got close to the pile of left over bones one of the roots that was being used to hold him down reached for the bones and tried to find the smallest among the bones. Spotting the smallest bone after a moment the root reaches down and wraps around the bone bringing it towards The Fox.

 

Once the root reached back to The Fox another one of its fellow roots suddenly propped The Fox’s mouth open. Being surprised by the sudden opening of his previously closed mouth The Fox didn’t react in time to prevent the small bone from being placed inside his mouth.

 

The moment after the bone landed in his mouth and before The Fox could react, his mouth was then forcefully closed and clamped closed.

 

‘What. The. Blazing. Suns. Are. You. Thinking! I won’t eat it!’

 

Faithful to his words The Fox moves the bone to the front left of his mouth with his tongue, refusing to entertain the thought any longer

 

‘Let me go!’

 

Eat

 

The Fox came to a conclusion, this flower has a hole in her brain. Beyond what one would believe this stalemate between these two lasted the entire first half of their day. As the 3rd Moon started to rise they were still in the same position.

 

The Fox wasn’t usually one to be stubborn, but he would rather not die yet. Then when it comes to The Black Lily, when she starts something, she will do everything in her ability to make that thing happen or to finish the thing she started. So there was no progress being made in this situation.

 

As they were halfway through the 3 moons time, The Fox got annoyed. While he might not really need the naps he takes during these times, due to the large amount of sleep he has been getting recently, he really did enjoy his sleeping time. Sleeping has been his favorite, and only, passtime for a long time and he hates giving it up for no reason.

 

Not to mention that for the past hours spent in this stalemate, The Black Lily rarely shut up. The Fox was really done with this mess now, so he started to think about what would happen if he ate this damned bone.

 

Well first off the bone is indeed very small, maybe half the size of any of his teeth so it can’t really be said to be something dangerous to eat, but what about what happens after he eats it? Well looking at the actions of The Black Lily, he will be forced to eat more and bigger bones until he either eats them all or dies….

 

Deciding that he can at least prevent more bones from being put in his mouth after finishing this one, he might as well eat this harmless one and find a time to escape from this mess. 

 

‘Fine, I’ll eat this ONE bone’

 

Telling The Black Lily that he is giving in so that she might actually relax a little, he swallowed the small piece of bone that has been in his mouth.

 

As the piece of bone went down his throat something strange happened, it melted. Entering his throat the bone started to melt and became a liquid in no time before seeping out of his throat to go to some unknown place.

 

Frozen in pure bafflement, The Fox didn’t even The Black Lily’s torrent of I told you so that was released upon this happening. Taking a second to come back to himself he then decided that he should actually check to see what is actually going on here. Now voluntarily walking towards the bones again and finding a small one, The Fox swallowed a second bone.

 

As the second bone entered his mouth with his intention of swallowing it, it didn’t even have to reach his throat to become a liquid that when swallowed seeped out to the unknown location. Continuing to do this with progressively bigger bones, The Fox explored this new ability.

 

Thankfully The Black Lily had shut up after he had started to eat the bones so he was able to really observe the bones as they were liquidized then where they disappeared to. After he had finished the last of the bones, The Fox had figured a few things out.

 

First was with the process that the bones go through to become a liquid. The bones seemed to have some energy within them resonant with another energy within him, likely The Black Lily’s, which caused it to fall apart into a liquid state. Next was where the liquid went, well listening to The Black Lily’s happy sounds, it likely goes to her. 

 

Finally there was one more thing, and that was how it went with eating normally. When he ate bones with some flesh left on them he noticed that the flesh was dealt with like all food had been before this and just the bones would become liquid. 

 

This left The Fox with a new path for his eating, disregard any kind of care when eating and just eat! After all if the only real concern of the bones is handled it doesn’t matter about just trying to even eat small things whole.


A little more on their new bodies after their evolution and more of their "perfect" harmony of personalities coming out. I should have a second chapter for you all later today.

7