Chapter 52 – Call Me Young Master
2k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling sat on top of the Snow Wolf Deity with the Lion King Cub in front of him as they headed towards the Jin Empire in haste. The wolf was running at a speed that was much faster than him when he was in his purple armored form. At the speed he was running, Yun Ling estimated that they would reach the Jin Empire Capital by the end of the day.

“I thought it would take you several more days before you could recover completely,” Yun Ling stated as he looked at the wolf below him.

“I hadn’t made a complete recovery yet. Ideally, I wanted to eat the Longevity Fruit only after I’ve consolidated my realm for at least three days, but with you passing out, I have no choice but to eat it last night in case we run into some trouble,” the Snow Wolf Deity replied. “Currently, I’m only at the Mortal Lord Realm. Had I patiently consolidated my realm for three days though, I would’ve been at the Fate Dominion Realm after eating the Longevity Fruit.”

What he didn’t tell Yun Ling was that they indeed met some danger last night. When he was trying to find a place they could settle in for the time being, the wolf found a cave. What he didn’t expect was that there was already a lesser beast who had laid claim to the cave. That lesser beast was by no means a powerful one but in his weakened state, and with Yun Ling and his son as his burden, the wolf could only retreat.

The wolf would’ve tried to find another safe place but in that dark night, it would’ve been dangerous to continue moving around especially since they couldn’t fight back at all if they encountered a lesser beast. Left without a choice, the wolf ate the Longevity Fruit so he could recover a bit, and then went back to the cave and kicked that lesser beast out. The wolf was glad that he made the right choice because when morning came, he found that same lesser beast’s remains not far away from the cave. It turns out it had been eaten by the other lesser beasts in the area.

Had he not eaten that Longevity Fruit and occupied that cave, it wouldn’t have been that lesser beast that died but them. Another reason why the other lesser beasts didn’t enter the cave to go after them was probably that they got intimidated by his cultivation realm which was at the Mortal Lord Realm.

Yun Ling inspected the Snow Wolf Deity’s cultivation realm. When he had first seen the wolf, his cultivation realm was in a mess and was hovering between Core Formation Realm and Four Transformation Realm. Now, his cultivation realm had stabilized and was at the late stage of the Mortal Lord Realm.

“What was your cultivation realm before having most of your vitality sucked by the Immortal Willow Tree?” Yun Ling curiously asked. The wolf’s speed was already greater than his even when he used his purple armored form, how much more if the wolf was at his original realm?

“Sacred King Realm,” the wolf answered.

Yun Ling sucked in a cold breath.

This wolf was practically at the same level as the Goliath Mountain King, that same dead humongous lesser beast he had seen just a distance away from the wolf’s cave in the Thousand Mountain Valley. However, even though they were in the same realm, the wolf managed to escape whereas the Goliath Mountain King didn’t. But after thinking it over, it wasn’t really strange.

With the Goliath Mountain King’s physique, it was easy to see that it was a lesser beast that specializes in dealing massive damage to its opponents with its incredibly powerful body. The wolf on the other hand which was several times smaller than it was swift and agile. He was a lesser beast with great speed. The wolf might not be as powerful as the Goliath Mountain King when it comes to brute strength but when it comes to speed, the wolf would leave the Goliath Mountain King in the dust.

“No wonder you could escape the Immortal Willow Tree, you were actually at the Sacred King Realm,” Yun Ling said in genuine amazement with the Lion King Cub in front of him purring in agreement. Yun Ling smiled as he petted the Lion King Cub’s head.

Yun Ling had truly picked a treasure this time. The Snow Wolf Deity might no longer be at the Sacred King Realm but that didn’t matter. If he managed to reach the Sacred King Realm before on its own, there would be no reason why he couldn’t reach it again.

“You said your name was Snow Fang, right? Come to think of it, I haven’t given you my name yet,” Yun Ling started. They were in such a tense situation back in the Thousand Mountain Valley that Yun Ling couldn’t care about giving his name to the wolf.

The wolf’s ears perked up a little as it continued running without delay.

“My name is Yun Ling. Yun, meaning cloud, and Ling, meaning, soul or spirit.”

The wolf smiled.

“Yun Ling? So that is the name of my master.”

“Master?” Yun Ling raised a brow at him.

“No matter what reason you might have for helping us, my son and I owe you our lives. From now on, you are my master. My son doesn’t need to answer you though. Will that be fine, my master?” the wolf asked as it took a glance at Yun Ling.

Yun Ling looked back at the wolf. Since early in the morning, he was wondering. Why didn’t the wolf and his son leave him when he was unconscious? That way, they won’t have to repay him anything since he could not hold them accountable for his aid if he couldn’t find them. They had the chance to do so. Many humans would also take that chance to leave.

The wolf, however, didn’t. He had surprisingly remained. Was it because he already made the decision to submit to him and take him as his master? If so, he was certainly a wolf of integrity.

Towards these kinds of people, Yun Ling found them naive. However, if someone were to treat him that way, Yun Ling wouldn’t treat those people badly. To his enemies, he could be cruel. To his allies, he would treat them well.

Now, both the wolf and his son proved to be worthy to be his ally.

Yun Ling let out a smile.

“Fine with me. But instead of master, call me young master.”

52