Chapter 54 – Young Master Reunites With Daughter
2.2k 3 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling slowly got down from the wolf as he took the Lion King Cub into his arms. He then walked towards his family members with the wolf following right beside him.

Li Jing sighed in relief upon seeing her son. She immediately approached him and embraced him in a tight hug.

“Father-in-law told me that your task was at the Thousand Mountain Valley. I’m glad you’re fine,” Li Jing gently said. She knew how dangerous the Thousand Mountain Valley was because that place was the home to many lesser beasts in the world. About ninety percent of the lesser beasts in the World of Terra were located there with the remaining ten percent scattered all over the world.

Yun Ling smiled at her.

“I’m sorry I’ve worried you, mother. As you can see, I’m fine,” Yun Ling reassured her. “You really don’t need to worry too much. I know how to take care of myself.”

Li Jing frowned, “Even so…”

At this moment, the Lion King Cub cried out as it looked towards Li Jing adorably, gaining her attention. She already noticed the two beasts earlier but she was more concerned about Yun Ling so she disregarded the two beasts. Now, she looked towards the adorable Lion King Cub curiously.

“And who is this?”

“He’s a lion lesser beast, the son of this wolf,” Yun Ling said, pointing at the wolf beside him.

The rest of Yun Ling’s family came towards him as they looked between the wolf and the Lion King Cub in puzzlement. These two were father and son?

Yun Ling was amused at their reaction. He could totally relate to them since he felt the same when he first found out that the wolf’s son was actually a Lion King Cub.

“Papa!” Yun Xia called out as she ran towards Yun Ling.

Yun Ling had long since paid attention to her and was merely waiting for her to come to him. He let out a smile as he crouched down and took Yun Xia in his arms. Now, both Yun Xia and the Lion King Cub were in Yun Ling’s arms.

“Xiaxia, did you miss Papa?” Yun Ling asked.

Towards this daughter of his, he couldn’t help but feel guilty for leaving her behind. He actually thought of bringing Yun Xia along with him for his task. He had full confidence that he could protect her from any danger if he brought her along. In the end, Yun Ling was glad he didn’t. The Thousand Mountain Valley was too dangerous. There was even an immortal freely roaming the place. The three of them were lucky that the Immortal Willow Tree didn’t take them seriously so they were able to escape.

Yun Xia nodded sadly. Then, she pouted at her father as she said, “Papa, don’t leave behind Yun Xia next time.”

Yun Ling thought back to the events in the Thousand Mountain Valley and shook his head.

“Papa can’t promise you that Xiaxia. Papa will be very sad if Xiaxia gets hurt because Papa brought Xiaxia with him,” Yun Ling said.

If something happened to Yun Xia, he will certainly go mad.

Yun Xia might be more intelligent than other children her age but she was, in the end, just a child. She still couldn’t understand that Yun Ling was only thinking of her well-being. No, she did understand that, but her desire to be with her Papa was so great that she couldn’t care about Yun Ling’s concern for her. Tears welled up in her eyes at the thought of her Papa leaving her again in the future.

Yun Ling’s brows jumped upon seeing Yun Xia about to burst into tears.

“Xiaxia, your Papa right now is too weak. Once Papa gets stronger, Papa will bring you along to different places,” Yun Ling comforted.

He let out a sigh. In the grand scheme of things, even if he had to exclude the immortals and the beings above that, he was still weak. There were many people far more powerful than he was. In the Jin Empire alone, many were superior to him. His father, uncle, and grandfather were one for example along with Yu Shan’s father with the emperor even stronger than them. He was still a distance away from matching them.

Yun Zhan frowned, he knew his son well, he quickly noticed that Yun Ling was acting a bit strange. The words he said to his daughter and his expression when he did so clued him in. His son was incredibly arrogant, not putting most people in his eye. This time, however, he was actually speaking humbly to his daughter. Though Yun Ling would try his best to act properly when he interacted with Yun Xia so he wouldn’t be a bad influence on her, he was being too humble this time.

“Son, let’s talk after you get a proper rest,” Yun Zhan said as he looked at his son deeply.

Yun Ling smiled wryly. He had to give it to his father for being too observant.

Despite not looking like it, Yun Wei was just as perceptive as Yun Zhan and had long since noticed Yun Ling’s strange vibe. Normally, he would’ve annoyed his grandson but he tactfully remained silent for now. He might act boorish but he wasn’t the previous clan master for nothing.

“Ling’er, you sure brought along unique guests with you. Could you introduce them to us?” Ye Lin said as she glanced at the two lesser beasts.

“I’m curious as well, Young Master. This one feels incredibly strong,” Yun Yi stated as he kept his eye on the wolf.

The wolf, Snow Fang, growled at Yun Yi, not liking the way he was looking at him.

“Snow Fang, cease your hostility. He’s my cousin. He might not seem like it but he’s a trustworthy individual.”

The wolf immediately did what he was told and said, “Understood, Young Master.”

Yun Yi narrowed his eyes at the wolf. ‘This beast... I’m afraid the crown prince will have a harder time dealing with my Young Master with the addition of this wolf.

Yue Dongmei was also looking at the wolf with narrowed eyes, recognizing what type of wolf it was. However, she didn’t say anything.

Yun Xia’s eyes glinted. Only now did she notice the two lesser beasts with her father since she was much more focused on her father earlier.

“Papa! Is this a Lion King Cub?” Yun Xia asked in amazement as she looked at the Lion King Cub just beside her. Then she looked at the wolf, “Amazing! A Snow Wolf Deity! It’s the first time Yun Xia has seen one!”

Yun Ling looked at her in surprise. Not even he knew what type of lesser beast Snow Fang was before Snow Fang told him. Yun Xia actually recognized that Snow Fang was a Snow Wolf Deity? She even recognized the Lion King Cub even though it looked no different from a normal lion cub.

59