Chapter 94 – Terrifying Yun Yi
1.4k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling could only shake his head as he watched Yun Yi through the moving image. His cousin might appear to be an easy-going person with his pleasant smile but he was much better at riling others up compared to him. He could learn a thing or two from him.

If anyone knew what was going through his head right now, they would surely roll their eyes at him. He had no awareness of that part of himself that he was pretty much just as insufferable as his cousin. Both of them were a cut from the same cloth, too domineering and arrogant.

As Yun Ling, Yu Shan, and the crown prince headed back towards their seat, they were intercepted by Da Peng who came to them with a wide smile on his face.

“As expected of the three supreme geniuses. You didn’t let anyone down with your title. You’ve made a spectacular performance.”

Yun Ling smiled and told him, “The Golden Dragon Election isn’t done yet. We might do poorly in the fifth stage.”

Da Peng merely laughed at what Yun Ling said, “You must be joking. I think with you three here, this Golden Dragon Election will be the best Golden Dragon Election there ever is in the history of the Jin Empire. Never had there been these many exceptional geniuses in just one competition.”

“You think too highly of us,” the crown prince humbly said.

“You think so? But what I’m saying is the truth. Even in the previous Golden Dragon Election, there was only one monster there. It was Yun Hui. In this competition, however, including you three, there are a few others who could prove to be a challenge to you. Seeing all these exceptional younger generations in this competition, we, the older generation could only be envious of you all,” Da Peng said with a sigh.

The three supreme geniuses only rolled their eyes at him. Da Peng was merely ten or so years older than them, he could barely be considered as someone in the older generation in the scheme of things when there were others out there who were literally living for centuries and millennia.

“Anyway, I just wanna say good luck in the next stage. Call it favoritism if you want but I’m seriously rooting for you three. Also, don’t let the same thing that happened to Yun Hui happen to you.”

Yu Shan just smiled at Da Peng’s concern.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore. His majesty had already set things up to prevent just that.”

Da Peng nodded at Yu Shan appreciatively. Not only was Yu Shan a good fighter, but he was also sharp. The fact that he was able to notice the reason for the emperor’s arrangement in this Golden Dragon Election compared to the previous ones showed just how sharp he was.

“That’s all I wanna say. Thank you for taking the time to talk to this old man.”

They gave him a dull stare before they headed towards their seats.

After talking to the three supreme geniuses, Da Peng continued giving commentary to the audience.

Participants came up to Yun Yi’s arena one by one but they were all swiftly defeated by him. None of those who came up lasted ten seconds against him even though Yun Yi only used one finger to attack them. He didn’t even take half a step ever since he said he would only use one finger against all of them.

The participants felt humiliated but after a while, they began to understand that this guy really was strong. His earlier wins weren’t a fluke. They were truly due to his abilities.

And that was what terrified them.

“Yun Hui, Yun Ling, and Yun Yi… aren’t the younger generation of the Yun Clan too terrifying?” one of the participants said.

“In contrast, only the crown prince is on par with them in the royal family’s younger generation.”

“Then wouldn’t that mean that the Yun Clan would be able to take over the throne if they wanted to in the future?” a participant offhandedly said to his companion.

Those who heard what that particular participant said went pale and quickly moved away from him. Even that participant’s companion moved away from him as he nervously said, “Shh! What the hell are you saying?”

Confused by his companion’s behavior, he asked, “Huh? What do you mean? I mean, isn’t that possib—”

BOOM!

He wasn’t able to finish his words when Yun Yi attacked him with his supreme art from the arena. They all looked at Yun Yi and saw some smoke coming out from his pointer finger.

“Excuse me but I won’t allow you to speak such slanderous words to our clan and to the royal family,” Yun Yi said with a cold voice.

Even though that participant was only genuinely curious about the Yun Clan and the royal family, and even if he didn’t mean anything by those words of his, Yun Yi couldn’t allow him to continue. Who knows how the royal family would react if those words were said out loud?

It was true that the younger generation of the Yun Clan was far stronger than the royal family, the emperor should be aware of that. But there somethings that are better left unsaid for it would cause some sense of unease between the Yun Clan and the royal family. Worst comes to worst, if the royal family felt really threatened by the Yun Clan, they might take action against the clan.

Suddenly, Da Peng’s voice came from the sky.

“Killing is prohibited in the competition.”

Yun Yi bowed and said, “I apologize but I can’t just allow such slander to happen in front of my face.”

The participants gulped at that. They looked at the place where that participant had just been standing and saw only a hole on the ground. There was no trace of that particular participant left in there.

Many of them trembled.

That participant had been killed?

They looked at Yun Yi with a terrified gaze now.

Da Peng was silent for a moment before speaking, “His Majesty will excuse you just this once but if you do it again, you will be disqualified.”

Yun Yi bowed once again.

“I thank His Majesty for his consideration.”

After saying that, Yun Yi looked towards the rest of the participants.

“Well, is there still someone who wishes to challenge me? The same thing as before, I will use only one finger.”

Their eyes shifted towards his finger which still had a little smoke coming out of it and went speechless.

With what he had just done, who would still dare to go and challenge him?

Announcement

A big thanks to Ausner Gentil for the $7 pledge and R BL for her $5 pledge. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much, I didn't think there were still people going to pledge...

Please become my patron to help fund my education if you have money to spare. You can read 5 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $1 or 15 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday for only $3. Thank you so much.

Join the discord server to read 2 chapters ahead of the story and 1 side chapter which I had only released just now in discord = https://discord.gg/SdEvS748wG

30