Chapter 101 – Early Phases of the Final Stage
1.4k 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Crap, it’s actually Yun Ling!” a participant exclaimed to himself when he saw Yun Ling in the prairie.

Earlier, he noticed a huge explosion hundreds of miles away from the mountain where he was at. He figured that there were some powerful participants fighting each other from the source of that explosion so he came down from the mountain to observe them. He had a thought that maybe he could take them down if those two got tired from fighting each other.

However, when he came here, it was just Yun Ling alone who was relaxing under the sun, enjoying the breeze as he lied down on the ground. With the way Yun Ling was acting, it was as if he wasn’t participating in some competition but was taking a vacation in the countryside!

He wiped the sweat that dripped down his forehead.

‘As expected of a supreme genius. His way of thinking is totally different from ours,’ he thought as he started to leave.

Now that he knew who was in there, there was no point in staying around any longer, or else, he might attract Yun Ling’s attention and get into a confrontation with him.

He knew who would be the victor if they fought, so to avoid a loss this early in the stage, it would be better to just leave.

Upon that participant’s departure, Yun Ling narrowed his eyes towards his direction as he let out a smile.

‘Smart guy.’

Qing Ge was leisurely strolling in the forest when his left head suddenly whispered, “There’s someone following us.”

“I know. Whoever it is, they’re not good at being stealthy,” the right head whispered back.

The middle head narrowed his eyes as he stopped walking.

The one following after him also stopped and hid behind a tree.

“Are you going to attack him?” the left head asked excitedly.

“Attack him attack him!” the right head said cheerfully.

“…”

Then, Qing Ge suddenly ran in his direction and punched the tree without any hesitation. His fist easily pierced through the tree and hit the one hiding behind it. He was sent flying backward as he crashed through numerous trees while breaking those trees in half from the impact of his body.

When he finally stopped, he found out that he had plowed through hundreds of trees from just a single punch from the supreme.

He swallowed back the blood that nearly came out from his mouth as he prepared himself to escape. But before he could even get up, the supreme had swiftly gotten right in front of him as he repeatedly punched him in the stomach with all his six arms.

The participant wasn’t able to endure all the hits that he had suffered from the supreme. In less than three seconds, he was teleported back to the coliseum in critical condition. Just one blow from Qing Ge had almost made him spit out blood, what more a combo of those punches? Had he been teleported a second too late, he would’ve been beyond saving.

‘It’s getting quite lively in there,’ Yun Ling thought as he looked towards the forest which was a distance away from him.

The pupils in his eyes suddenly became gold with his white sclera turning into black. With an inquisitive gaze, he looked towards the forest with his transformed eyes.

“Oh, that spiritual energy… isn’t that the supreme?” Yun Ling said to himself in amusement with narrowed eyes. His eyes transformed back into normal after he knew who was there.

He got up from the ground as he slowly cleaned himself from any grass that might’ve clung to his robes. Then he summoned his flying sword and hopped on it as he started flying in the forest’s direction.

Waiting in there was quite boring, but now, he had finally found himself a really interesting opponent. He had no interest in fighting weak opponents but that supreme was different. He was an opponent that even a supreme genius like him couldn’t take lightly. If he made a mistake in underestimating the supreme, he might pay the price.

Well, probably...

“Looks like our fight would have to wait for a bit, Yun Yi,” Yun Ling said to himself with a cold smile on his face. He was planning on fighting the supreme and see how strong he really was with his own eyes.

Yu Shan was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the desert with his eyes closed. He was meditating the whole time ever since the beginning of the final stage because he had nothing to do. He didn’t know where his opponents were, not to mention, he was in the middle of the desert. If he carelessly moved around, he might even get deeper into the desert and mentally tire himself out. He decided it was much better to stay still and wait for the place to shrink before making a move.

Then, while he was meditating, he felt a faint movement in the sands around him.

He opened his eyes and stood up as he took out a sword from his storage ring. With a downward slash, the desert in front of him was split in half for several miles, revealing a humongous centipede who had also been split into two under it. Seconds later, the sand started filling in the hollow area and was once again the same as it looked before.

“Desert Royal Centipede… a lesser beast in the Core Formation Realm,” Yu Shan muttered as he returned his sword back to his storage ring.

When all said was done, he sat down and closed his eyes.

“It should be about 1 hour and 46 minutes since the final stage started. I wonder what the others are doing?” Yu Shan wondered to himself.

He looked at the vast desert around him and let out a sigh.

Why did he have to be teleported in the desert out of all places? Or could it be that the entire fifth stage was held in the desert? He really didn’t know since all he could see was desert around him.

He let out a sigh once again.

He was totally bored.

Announcement
Hey guys, do consider pledging if you have money to spare. You can read 15+ chapters ahead for only $1 or 20+ chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday for only $3. Thank you so much.

Here is the link to my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Heplar?fan_landing=true

If you want to read five chapters ahead of the official release, go to my discord server: https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8

32