Chapter 118 – The Birth of a Divine Being: Yun Ling
1.3k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Wei’s eyes widened as he took a few steps back when he heard what his wife had said.

Li Jing’s son? So it was a grandson. However…

His daughter-in-law and his baby grandson… dead?

Even though he had already expected that outcome, coming face to face with reality was different. He couldn’t believe it. Just the other day, they were having a lot of fun together as a family. They were extremely happy as they expected a new member of their family, so why? Why did it become like this? Why did his daughter-in-law and his grandson die?

His daughter-in-law was such a wonderful person who had never made an enemy against anyone. His grandson too had just been born. He didn’t know anything of the world yet. There were many cruel people out there who deserved to die so why was it that his daughter-in-law and grandson died instead of them?

Ye Lin hugged him as she continued sobbing in his chest. He could only mechanically put his arms around her as he was still trying to process the information that he had just received.

“Mother!”

From inside the room, they could hear Yun Hui calling his mother’s name and crying uncontrollably. They couldn’t blame him for that. The child had just lost his mother.

Yun Wei and Ye Lin came inside to find everyone in the room either crying or extremely somber.

“Son…” Yun Wei looked at his son worriedly and softly called out.

Yun Zhan lifted his head up as he looked at his father weakly. Although he was trying to put on a tough front, it was obvious to see just how heartbroken he was from both his wife and son’s death.

“Father…” he murmured, his voice almost couldn’t be heard even with their enhanced hearing senses as cultivators.

The Yun Clan’s current clan master didn’t say anything anymore after seeing his son like that. He turned his attention towards his daughter-in-law and let out a sigh.

It was amazing how Li Jing was able to hold on for so long. If it were other women in her position, they would’ve already died sooner than she did. The fact that she was able to endure it for about thirty-nine hours showed just how strong her will was. It was unfortunate that will alone wasn’t enough.

He then looked at his deceased baby grandson beside his daughter-in-law. He pitied the baby. He wasn’t even able to see this world yet he had already passed away. That might have been a good thing… at least, he wouldn’t have to see just how cruel the world was.

Yun Wei tightly clenched his fist.

Who was he kidding? He was just lying to himself when he thought it was a good thing that he died so he wouldn’t have to see the cruelness of the world. He was just making excuses.

“Clan Master, I’m deeply sorry. We weren’t able to save her in the end,” the female physician came to Yun Zhan and said. She was very ashamed. What happened to Li Jing was the first and the only big blunder that had happened in her life. No, it wasn’t really a blunder since there wasn’t much she could do in that situation. If the same thing happened again, she was certain that it would end all the same.

The midwife at her side gave a deep bow towards Yun Wei, and then to Yun Zhan.

Li Jing’s death could’ve possibly been avoided if they had just performed a c-section on her. But that was the problem. Their surgical knife just wouldn’t cut through her skin when they tried to do so. Even when they put all their force using their spiritual energies, Li Jing’s stomach was unscathed. It was as if there was some abnormal force trying to protect her. They had no choice but to continue letting her give birth the normal way and hope for the best.

While all of them were mourning, a bright purple light was suddenly lit up inside the room gathering all of their attention. At the same time, unknown to the people inside the room, the sky above the capital had turned dark, scaring the living daylights of most people in the capital. They thought that the world’s end had finally come.

“What the?”

Yun Wei, Yun Zhan, Li Jing, and the rest looked at the source of the light and saw that it was Li Jing’s deceased baby that was causing it. The baby floated a bit in the air while emitting a bright purple light. For a brief moment, everyone could swear that they saw some kind of see-through purple clothing or armor briefly appear on the baby’s body before disappearing.

A few seconds later, Li Jing weakly opened her eyes, greatly shocking everyone inside the room. They couldn't say anything as they stared at her speechlessly.

The person in question looked at her family with a curious look on her face.

“Dear… Father-in-law, mother-in-law… Yun Hui…?”

Suddenly, something dawned on her.

“My child? Where’s my child?”

Although Li Jing was weak, she was too energetic for someone who had just given birth for an entire thirty-nine hours and died.

Did she really die? Those questions came into their mind.

Yun Zhan immediately came to her side without any hesitation.

"You're alive!" he said with extreme happiness in his heart. The rest of the family came to her quickly as they checked her condition.

"How are you feeling?" Ye Lin worriedly asked.

"This..." Yun Zhan didn't know what to say.

"Mother!" Yun Hui looked at his mother worriedly as he called out. He didn't know what happened but it would seem that his mother was still alive.

Li Jing's head ached upon being bombarded by her family. However, she endured her headache as she asked her husband, “Dear… my child?”

“He is… right there,” Yun Zhan said as he pointed at his baby son with a complicated look on his face. He didn’t understand what was happening.

Li Jing saw her baby emitting a purple light for a moment as he floated in the air. Moments later, the light had finally disappeared as the baby slowly floated within her arms.

The baby then opened his eyes.

He had a pair of purple colored eyes with a pitch-black sclera.

When Yun Wei saw his baby grandson’s eyes, his entire body shook.

At his side, Ye Lin was also visibly shaken.

“Once every ten thousand years, a genius with heaven-defying eyes is born. People call them Divine Beings for they have a god’s power within them,” Ye Lin murmured to herself before looking at her husband. “Our grandson is none other than a Divine Being! He has the Divine Eyes!”

Yun Zhan didn’t understand anything. Normally, he would know what his mother was talking about but with the recent twists that happened concerning his wife and son, he was a bit dumbfounded.

Li Jing merely smiled as she looked at her husband.

“Since it’s a boy, you’re the one who should name him as we had agreed upon.”

Yun Zhan looked at his wife.

“What is his name?” Li Jing asked slowly.

With a gentle smile on his face, Yun Zhan replied, “Yun Ling. His name is Yun Ling.”

Announcement
For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release; for $3, you can read 35 chapters; for $5, you can read 45+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 65+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday

A big thanks also to Gregory Taylor Oliveira Ferreira for the $7 donation... with this pledge, you can read 65+ chapters ahead of the current chapter and two chapters a day.

Once again, thank you so much. I really appreciate it a lot.

20