Chapter 148 – Sacred Kings
840 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Papa, are you going now?” Yun Xia asked as she stood outside the door of Yue Dongmei’s room.

Yun Ling patted his daughter’s head.

“I am. Make sure you watch over your Big Sister, okay? We’ll be back soon,” he said with a gentle smile on his face. It was almost six in the evening. It was time to go to the Rose Garden and answer the emperor's summon.

The last time he went to the Rose Garden was because of the Golden Dragon Election. The meeting this however was different. It was way more than important than a mere Golden Dragon Election could ever be. The meeting they were going to attend was something that would most likely involve the world as a whole. It was an important matter that they must attend whether they like it or not.

“Hm!” Yun Xia nodded eagerly. Even if her father didn’t tell her that, she would’ve watched over Yue Dongmei diligently anyway since she was an important person in her life.

After talking to his daughter, Yun Ling turned his gaze towards Snow Fang.

“Snow Fang, I’ll leave the rest to you. Keep watch over the clan compound while we’re away. If anyone tries to harm you guys, you have my permission to kill them. Do not show any mercy,” he said with a serious look on his face. Since all of the Sacred Kings were being summoned, that meant that there would be no Sacred King inside their clan while they were away. It would be the perfect time for their clan’s enemies to attack them if they wanted to.

The other clans were in the same boat as them though. During the meeting, they also wouldn’t have any Sacred King guarding their homes. Still, it would be for the best that they remain cautious in case something happened. It wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if their clan’s enemies had some unknown Sacred Kings hiding the whole time and take this chance to attack their clan. That wouldn’t be funny if that happened.

“I understand, Young Master. I won’t let you down,” Snow Fang said telepathically.

Yun Ling nodded at him. As a former Sacred King lesser beast, Snow Fang was the best choice for guarding their clan. He had an innate superiority against humans as a lesser beast. Even though Snow Fang was at the Mortal Lord Realm now, Fate Dominion experts and Sacred Kings would have to be wary against him. If they were not careful, they might actually be killed under Snow Fang’s hands.

“But if you can, make sure to spare them so we can interrogate them.”

“I will try my best.”

“I know you will. Well then, I’m leaving right now,” Yun Ling said before turning his back towards them.

“Be careful, Young Master.”

“I will…”

Yun Ling saw his father, uncle, and grandfather standing outside the carriage, waiting for him together with their clan’s coachman.

“Are you ready, son?” Yun Zhan asked when he saw Yun Ling finally arrive.

“I am, Father.”

Yun Wei nodded and said, “Good. Let’s not make His Majesty wait any longer. Let us depart now.”

Yun Ling no longer said anything as he silently entered the carriage after his father, uncle, and grandfather.

“Go.”

With a single command from his father, the coachman immediately made their warhorses move while the other carriages behind them also started moving as they followed after them.

The two huge doors of their clan compound’s gate opened as their carriage exited followed right after by eight more carriages with each carriages containing one of their clan’s Sacred King. That was to say that their clan had eight Sacred Kings excluding his father, Yun Zhan, his uncle, Yun Cang, and his grandfather, Yun Wei. If they were included, then their clan had eleven Sacred Kings in total.

Eleven Sacred Kings in only one clan was more than above average in the Jin Empire. In other powerful clans, they only had three or five Sacred Kings at most. It was the reason why the emperor considered the Yun Clan one of the important pillars of the empire. Without the Yun Clan, they would have eleven fewer Sacred Kings and they would also be much weaker as a result.

While heading towards the Rose Garden, Yun Ling and the rest encountered more groups of luxurious carriages in the road. Some were in a group of three, four, five, and as for the Yu Clan, they had a group of eight. Similar to the Yun Clan, each carriage also contained one Sacred King.

In the sky, there were also several streaks of light passing right above them.

These streaks of light were left behind by the Sacred Kings in the empire who didn’t belong to any clan.

The people in the street were amazed as they looked at the carriages and the streaks of light in the sky. Those people were none other than Sacred Kings. Normally, it would be unusual to see a single Sacred King since they were busy with their cultivation and perfecting their supreme arts. In their realm, there was no point in increasing their cultivation realm any longer unless they plan to ascend to a higher realm. Sacred Kings would usually put all their attention into creating their own unique supreme arts to dominate against the other Sacred Kings. That was why they were awe-struck to see a lot of Sacred Kings in this night alone.

And all of these Sacred Kings were heading into the same place.

The Rose Garden.

“The Yun Clan’s Sacred Kings are here!” someone announced with a loud voice, gathering everyone’s attention towards the entrance.

The Sacred Kings who had already arrived in the Rose Garden looked over at the newcomers with an inquisitive gaze.

Walking at the front was Yun Zhan followed right after by Yun Wei and Yun Cang who were walking just behind him. Then, behind those two was Yun Ling who walked with a steady pace in front of the other Sacred Kings in his clan. As for the remaining eight Sacred Kings, they followed after Yun Ling’s footsteps as they made a line behind him.

In the entire Jin Empire, the clan with the highest number of Sacred Kings was the Yun Clan followed right after by the Yu Clan. The only one that had more Sacred Kings than the Yun Clan was the imperial family which had more than twenty Sacred Kings.

That was why everyone couldn’t help but put their attention on them when they arrived. Some were interested and wary of their clan while only a few others were impassive of their arrival.

Yun Zhan raised his head as he fearlessly looked at the other Sacred Kings who were looking at him.

“Well… isn’t this interesting? There sure are a lot of familiar faces here,” he said with a smile as he glanced towards the people with whom he had some kind of relationship with.

Those people were his friends while some were his rivals and enemies in the past.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 25 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays!
13