Chapter 155 – Can I Trust You?
689 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Yun Clan’s meeting room, all of the clan’s Mortal Lords, Fate Dominions, and Sacred Kings had gathered. They all sat down in a lotus sitting position as they focused their gaze at Yun Zhan, who was standing at the front.

The eight Sacred Kings of the clan sat in a dignified manner in the middle of the room. On each of their side was where the Fate Dominions and the Mortal Lords sat down. Their expressions were all serious as they waited for the clan master to finally say something.

Yun Zhan looked at the Sacred Kings and then placed his attention on the Mortal Lords and the Fate Dominion realm experts of their clan. This meeting was meant mainly for them since they couldn’t attend the meeting in the Rose Garden.

A few seconds later, Yun Zhan told them the contents of their meeting with the emperor.

Everyone’s expression aside from the Sacred Kings went grave.

A war with an immortal!

Just knowing this made them all sucked in a cold breath. For them, the strongest existence in this world was the Sacred Kings. People with realms higher than that couldn’t come to their world no matter what. To think there was an immortal in their world which was normally a lot powerful than a Sacred King…

They felt like their view of the world had been turned upside down.

“And so, in two months, we are going to the Thousand Mountain Valley for war,” Yun Zhan said as he looked at each of them in the eye. “That is why, starting from tomorrow onwards, I want all of you to go to a rigorous training session so I can be at ease leaving the clan in your hands while we and the rest of the Sacred Kings finally go to war against the immortal. Without a Sacred King around, the responsibility of protecting the clan will fall into your hands.”

Everyone nodded with a determined look on their faces.

The Yun Clan was a powerful clan that had considerably risen up in the last hundred years under Yun Wei’s leadership after he took over as the clan master of the clan. However, in their rise to power, they have made enemies with the other clans which they had brought down on their path to the top. While they were gaining power and wealth, those clans had their authorities and wealth reduced. It was why the Yun Clan had many political enemies.

They were either simply envious or they wanted to bring their clan down to take back their glory. Either way, the Yun Clan had to be wary.

That was why Yun Zhan had to prepare his people in case those clans would try to attack their clan in their most defenseless state. It was the most perfect time for them to attack since even the emperor himself would go to war. They could act brazenly because the emperor wasn’t going to be around.

“All of you will train under Yun Mingyuan and the rest of the Sacred Kings for a month from dawn to noon. Then in the afternoon, all of you will have to work on your team working skills in case you face a really strong foe that you cannot defeat on your own. All of you will be placed into groups and then each group will have to fight one of the clan’s Sacred Kings during that time. In the evening, you will meditate and then go to sleep to get some rest,” Yun Zhan said.

The Fate Dominions and the Mortal Lords looked at the Sacred Kings as the Sacred Kings looking back at them with a sadistic smile on their faces. That made the Fate Dominions and the Mortal Lords slightly be afraid of them while the Sacred Kings were a bit pleased with the clan master’s arrangements.

They so weren’t going to let them off easily. They were going to work them hard into the ground.

“Yun Mingyuan, if you may…” Yun Zhan said as he took a few steps backward.

Yun Mingyuan took his place and said, “During this month, as some of you may have been aware already, we have been working on with the supreme art that our young master gave to us. After much experiment, we finally deemed it to be safe to use for the rest of you. Tomorrow, I will be distributing the minor version of the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art to every single one of you. We will be working on that first before we do anything else since I will have you use that supreme art all the time during your training. I expect you all to do your best and to not let the clan down.”

“We won’t,” they all said in unison.

Yun Mingyuan nodded at them before looking to Yun Zhan.

Yun Zhan came forward as Yun Mingyuan went back to his seat.

“Now then, let’s discuss what you guys should do while we are away…”

“Papa, it’s been three days now. Why isn’t Big Sister waking up?” Yun Xia asked her father with teary eyes.

Yun Ling’s heart panged at that.

“It’s because your big sister needs a lot of rest. That’s why she isn’t waking up yet,” he said as he gently patted the girl’s head.

“I hope Big Sister wakes up soon,” Yun Xia sadly said.

“She will…”

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Come in…” Yun Ling said as he glanced towards the door.

The door opened and then, Yun Yi came inside, holding a golden box in his hand.

“Yun Yi… that is?” Yun Ling asked as his attention shifted from his cousin towards the box.

“My request from the emperor,” Yun Yi said as he tossed the box at Yun Ling.

Yun Ling caught it easily with his own hand.

“You’re really serious about it, huh?”

“Of course.”

The two went silent for a moment as they looked at each other in the eye.

Several seconds later, Yun Ling looked at him with a serious expression on his face.

“Yun Yi… answer me this. Can I trust you?”

Yun Yi frowned and then turned back while walking towards the door.

“Who knows?” was his only response before he left the room.

Announcement

Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 25 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 40 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 75+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 95+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

11