Chapter 161 – I Will Kill You
576 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I see…” Yun Ling coldly said. “Are you done inspecting her?”

Yun Yi gave him a bright smile as he responded, “I’m done. In fact, I was just getting ready to leave seconds before you came here, Young Master.”

Yun Ling looked him in the eye while Yun Yi looked back at him in return. The two stared at each other for a few seconds with Yun Ling trying to find out what his intentions were whereas Yun Yi was trying not to give anything away to Yun Ling.

With that, they stood in silence for a few seconds until…

Swoosh~

Yun Yi’s smile became strained when Yun Ling suddenly took out a sword and pressed it against his neck. Yun Ling, on the other hand, didn’t have any emotion even as he felt the tip of Yun Yi’s knife poking his stomach. Everything happened in a split second. The moment Yun Ling took out his sword, Yun Yi also did the same and took out his knife. Their speed was more or less equal.

“Yun Yi…” Yun Ling said as he pressed his knife even more against his cousin’s neck, making it bleed as his sword sliced his skin a little. “I’ve been lenient all this time because you are my cousin. However, this is your last warning. If you ever do something suspicious again… I will kill you.”

All this time, Yun Ling had been feeling bad vibes from Yun Yi. Many times had he caught Yun Yi acting suspicious but he turned a blind eye to it because they were family. Moreover, he didn’t think Yun Yi would ever do something detrimental to their family. That just wasn’t the Yun Yi that he knew. The Yun Yi that he knew from childhood until they had grown up was someone that always put the Yun Clan in mind. He was someone that obediently followed the clan’s rules to heart no matter how nonsense it was.

That was why most people in the clan trusted him. His father, Yun Zhan had even given him some important tasks which showed the trust that he had in him. Even he, himself trusted Yun Yi. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have made him his aide in the first place even if he volunteered for it.

“Heh,” Yun Yi snorted at him. “Will you really?”

After saying that, he pierced Yun Ling’s stomach with his knife a bit.

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes at him.

If Yun Yi wasn’t his cousin… he would’ve long since taught him a lesson. Worse, he might have already killed him.

He wasn’t a good guy by any means. No one in the capital would describe him as someone like that. In their eyes, he was an arrogant young master that they didn’t want to offend in case he would retaliate against them. However, since he came back from the Great Buddhist Monastery where his father had sent him to reflect on his actions after his numerous affairs with women had gotten him in trouble, he was a better person than before. Then with the presence of his daughter, he tried even more not to go back to his old ways anymore.

But that didn’t mean that he had completely changed.

If he had to, he would kill anyone that would stand his way even if they were family.

“Don’t test me, Yun Yi,” Yun Ling said. “I’m giving you a chance here. One last chance.”

Yun Yi was silent for a few seconds before letting out a smile. He dropped the knife in his hand and raised both his hands.

“Alright, I give up. I really wasn’t doing anything suspicious here,” Yun Yi said. “If you don’t believe me, go check her out. If there’s anything off about her even if it’s just a single bit, feel free to kill me.”

“There’s no need to tell me that,” Yun Ling said as he shoved him out of his way and walked towards Yue Dongmei.

When he got near her, his red eyes turned into a golden ones as he observed her spiritual energy which could only be seen with his Divine Eyes. Seeing nothing wrong with it, he observed every nook and cranny of her body without touching her.

Moments later, his golden eyes shifted back to his red eyes as he turned his attention towards Yun Yi.

In the end, he didn’t find out anything wrong in Yue Dongmei.

He let out a frown at that.

Was he just overthinking it? Did he wrong Yun Yi by suspecting him?

No, even if Yun Yi was indeed innocent, it was much better to be suspicious than naively think that Yun Yi could do no wrong. At least that way, he wouldn’t be caught off guard when Yun Yi becomes a traitor or something.

“See? I didn’t do anything to her, right?” Yun Yi asked with a smile.

Yun Ling sighed. Lately, he was starting not to get confused about Yun Yi. Here, he thought that he was the one who knew him best. But was the Yun Yi that he knew in the past the real him or not? Was he just pretending the whole time or not?

He really didn’t know how to deal with Yun Ling now. For one, he was grateful that he used the favor that he got from the emperor for his daughter. But on the other hand, Yun Yi was acting too suspicious for his own good. He no longer felt comfortable around him just like how he didn’t feel comfortable when the fourth prince was around.

Regarding the fourth prince… he had yet to do something that would really warrant Yun Ling to really take an action against him. However, even if the fourth prince really hadn’t made a move against him yet, he was already keeping an eye on him and planning on getting rid of him.

Either before or after the war, Yun Ling was going to find an opportunity to kill him since he didn’t want a dangerous person like that in the capital going around freely.

Announcement
I'm sorry I wasn't able to upload for a while. My pc broke and it took me a month to buy a new one. I was able to upload to other websites though but decided to just not upload here for a while to stack up more chapters. I will be uploading here a few times every two days just like in the past. Thank you.
11