Chapter 166 – Two Immortals
489 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling let out a sigh.

Perhaps, it could be said that everything that happened in their life before even until now was something that was out of their control. All of it would’ve happened some way or another whether they wanted it or not, regardless of what actions they were going to take. For example:

Yun Yi’s win in the Golden Dragon Election…

His lost to Yun Yi in that same competition...

The crown prince getting fourth place and Yu Shan getting fifth place in that competition…

All of it was inevitable. The Golden Dragon Election’s outcome was something that was already decided even before the competition had started, no— even before they were born. It was destined to happen as it was something that was already in the Book of Fate, written by the mysterious power from heaven itself!

There was a popular saying regarding cultivation in the World of Terra, and perhaps, it might also be a saying in other worlds as well.

To cultivate was to go against the heaven!

This phrase stemmed from the sixth cultivation realm in the cultivation system:

The Fate Dominion Realm!

At the Fate Dominion Realm, one would finally have their own fate in their own hands. They would become their own gods. They would also start attracting heavenly tribulations at this stage because the heavens wouldn’t want them to step onto this realm and change the fate that heaven had already decided for them. Changing their fates was an act that was blasphemous to heaven.

“There’s no need to tell me that… I understand that much, Father,” Yun Ling said.

“I know you do, son,” Yun Zhan said with a smile. “Well, why don’t we all go inside and talk?”

“Alright.”

Yun Ling laid down on his bed with Yun Xia sleeping just beside him.

It was already late at night, however, he couldn’t help but think about what was going to happen two weeks from that night on.

In two weeks, the Sacred Kings all over the world would finally confront the immortal while he and the rest of his generation who had gotten into the top ten would observe the fight from a safe distance. They would surely learn a lot from the fight between the Sacred Kings and the immortal. Perhaps, they might even gain some enlightenment from it. In any case, the war that was going to happen in two weeks was surely going to be a valuable experience in their life— provided that they lived, that is.

“One of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure… The Book of Fate, huh?” Yun Ling muttered to himself. “Come to think of it, Xiaxia’s mother also mentioned something about the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure.”

He recalled his conversation with the woman who claimed to be the mother of his daughter, which was Yun Xia. She said something about a war for the possession of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure.

The most likely reason for the disappearance of the spiritual energy in the outer part of the Thousand Mountain Valley was probably because of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure. The reason why the immortal was there was probably because of it too. The immortal’s desire for the treasure was what led him into their world and into that place.

Regarding the treasure, Yun Ling wondered which one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure it was… could it be The Book of Fate? Or was it another of the twelve? No matter what it was, anyone who got ahold of any of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure would possess power that was far beyond anyone’s comprehension. If they got the right treasure, they could even twist the laws of the universe to their own liking. That was just how scary and powerful any of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure was.

After a while, Yun Ling dismissed those thoughts out of his mind. There was no point in thinking about those things anymore. What he should think about was how to break through to the Fate Dominion realm before they go to war with the immortal in the Thousand Mountain Valley.

World Of Terra

Law God Sect’s Headquarters

All of the powerful individuals in the Law God Sect had gathered right away inside the meeting room upon receiving the current sect master’s summon.

They all had a serious look on their faces as they each went into their respective seats. The meeting had not yet started but they already knew what they were going to talk about in the meeting.

The war with the immortal!

There were only two weeks left before they’d engage it in a life and death battle.

The handsome middle-aged man eyed everyone in front of them. When they all had finally gotten into their seat, he immediately started.

“As you may all know, there are only two weeks left until…”

The rest of the meeting went as they had expected. The sect master talked about what they were thinking about. Then, he asked each of them regarding the task that he had assigned to each of them.

He asked the one in charge of leading the core disciples of their sect whether they were ready or not. They planned on bringing their core disciples because even though it was dangerous, it surely was going to be a valuable experience for them.

Then, he asked the one in charge of their special forces…

After that, he turned his attention towards Aspen, the nature spirit that was in charge of sending summons to the other Sacred Kings all over the world.

“Aspen,” the sect master said.

Aspen stood up from his seat and stated, “I had already sent another summon to all the Sacred Kings that I had sent a summon before. They are going to come here in one week to coordinate with us and discuss tactics for when we fight the immortal.”

The sect master nodded before turning his attention to another person.

“What is the result of your investigation in the Thousand Mountain Valley?”

The person in question, answered, “Clan Master, just as we had feared, the creature in the Thousand Mountain Valley was indeed an immortal. I sent some of our Sacred King prisoners to investigate the Thousand Mountain Valley and see if the creature within was an immortal in exchange for their freedom.”

“And how did you confirm it was an immortal?”

He took a deep breath and said, “Inside the Thousand Mountain Valley, they could see traces of Divine Arts all over the outer part of the place. Only immortals could produce Divine Arts. What was more was that there were two sets of Divine Arts belonging to two different creatures. I’m afraid that there isn’t only one immortal but two in the Thousand Mountain Valley.”

Everyone, including the clan master, had a grave expression on their faces.

“Come again?” the clan master asked.

While everyone was taken aback by that information, only a skinny old man who had his eyes closed the entire time was calm.

“Well… what an interesting development,” he said to himself slowly.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 65+ chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays.
6