Chapter 173 – From the Future
471 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling was currently inside his father's office along with his father himself, and his grandfather, Yun Wei.

"I saw The Book of Fate with my own eyes," Yun Ling started.

The two merely raised a brow at him, not finding that fact strange. Everyone who ascended into the Fate Dominion Realm would see it. There was no exception.

"So you had seen it. That's what makes the Fate Dominion Realm unique to the other cultivation realms. You can interact with one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures for a short time. It's really mystical, much more mystical than when I had become a Sacred King," Yun Zhan said remembering the time when he had come in contact with The Book of Fate when he had ascended into the Fate Dominion Realm.

He couldn't properly describe all the feelings he felt then when he was in the presence of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure.

It wasn't only him who felt that way when seeing The Book of Fate. Nearly everyone who had ascended into the Fate Dominion Realm couldn't describe what they felt when they saw it with their own eyes.

For nearly all the people in the world, the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures were a thing of legends. Just seeing any of it was a kind of privilege in itself. After all... those things would rarely show themselves to the world. In the last one hundred thousand years, there wasn't anyone who had laid his eyes on any of it, excluding The Book of Fate. However, what everyone who had ascended into the Fate Dominion Realm saw wasn't the real Book of Fate. It was just one conjured by the person's mind. But even if it wasn't real, with the mysterious power of the cultivation system, it could somehow link it to the Book of Fate and allow everyone in the Fate Dominion Realm to change their own fate.

"You've torn your page in The Book of Fate, right?" Yun Wei asked.

"I did," Yun Ling said. He heard from his father and grandfather that he must tear off the page of his page in The Book of Fate to remove his name in the book.

In the past, many people were fascinated when they saw The Book of Fate upon ascending to the Fate Dominion Realm. Roused by their greed, those people tried to grab the book and claim it for their own. However, since the book that they saw wasn't the real one in the first place, they couldn't claim it of course. Not only were they unable to get it for themselves, but they also failed their tribulations and died just seconds after telling everyone what they had tried to do. As a result, most of them learned their lessons and decided not to mess with the book anymore.

Though many had learned a lesson, that didn't mean that everyone did.

After that... there were still some fearless cultivators who tried to experiment on the book either due to their greed or stupidity.

Some tried tearing another page off the book other than their page.

Some tried to cut the book in half.

Some tried to burn the book.

Some tried to write on the book.

But just like those who tried to get the book, they too failed their tribulations and died.

That was why the best course of action to take when ascending to the Fate Dominion Realm was to tear off your page and not do any unnecessary thing to the book anymore. That was the main purpose of the Fate Dominion Realm after all. To remove one's name from The Book of Fate. And, only by tearing off their page only could they do that.

Yun Ling looked at his grandfather and added, "But after I removed my page in The Book of Fate, I started seeing some strange visions... it is my Divine Eyes' new abilities."

"What is it?" Yun Zhan and Yun Wei asked with an intrigued expressions on their faces.

"Divination," Yun Ling answered.

"Divination? Does that mean you can see the future?" Yun Wei asked. Looking at the future was such a broken ability. He couldn't believe his grandson had it even if he was a Divine Being.

Yun Ling's face went grave as he responded, "Only a little bit."

The two noticed Yun Ling's expression and went serious.

"It seems that there's something more to this."

Yun Ling nodded at them.

"While I was looking through the future, someone noticed me and dragged me to space," Yun Ling said with a bit of fear. "That being was incredibly huge and his body was made out of stars. I don't know what realm he is in but surely, he must be a god— no! That being is much more superior than a god!"

Yun Ling hadn't seen a god yet but he knew that the being he met was more than a god for sure. His body, his soul, his primal instincts... they were telling him that one he met had surpassed everyone in existence. He was a being above everyone else!

His father, and grandfather, Yun Zhan and Yun Wei were aghast when they heard what Yun Ling had said.

"You were looking at the future and that being noticed you and dragged you out to space?!" Yun Wei repeated his grandson's words just to make sure to which, Yun Ling nodded at him.

"That being is most likely from the future. He called me 'man from the past', after all..."

"What kind of being is that? To be able to sense you when he's from the future..." Yun Zhan said. Now he understood why Yun Ling was acting kinda scared.

Who wouldn't be scared when coming across a being like that? That kind of feat was something that had surpassed the capabilities of a god!

The presence of an immortal alone already caused such a huge turmoil to their world... how much more a being that was most likely even above that of the gods?!

Announcement
Thank you Kristoffer for the $10 pledge!
8