Chapter 179 – Departure
390 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right in front of the Yun Clan's main gate, there was a luxurious carriage outside that had been waiting for Yun Ling and the rest who were standing just right in front of it, looking at their respective families who had come to see them off.

Yun Ling watched his daughter who was being surrounded by Yun Zhan, Li Jing, Yun Wei, and Ye Lin. Then, he looked at his students who were also talking to their families one last time before they head off.

"Young Master," Snow Fang telepathically said, gaining Yun Ling's attention.

"What?"

"Little Miss' caretaker has now been placed inside the carriage. I'm now going inside to watch over her."

Yun Ling smiled at him.

"You do that, Snow Fang. Thanks by the way..."

"It is of no trouble, Young Master," Snow Fang said one last time before heading inside the carriage along with his son, the Lion King Cub.

"Big Bro," Yun Feng called out to Yun Ling as he came beside him. "How long do you think it will take before you guys return home?"

"The soonest we can return home is three weeks... the latest is a month," Yun Ling answered instantly. He wasn't really sure exactly when they would return but that was his estimate. It may or may not be wrong.

"Damn... I really don't want to spend three weeks or one month in that place," Yun Feng said with a bitter look on his face as he thought of the Great Buddhist Monastery.

Yun Ling merely gave him a dull stare.

"You're exaggerating. That place isn't really that bad. In fact... I'm a bit worried that you might convert and become a monk if you stayed in there for too long," Yun Ling said.

He wasn't just saying baseless things. He said that since he knew just how great the monks in the Great Buddhist Monastery were with their words especially the monks with high cultivation realm. With their abilities, it wouldn't be hard for them to force someone to commit suicide with their words alone if they really wanted to. Of course, they wouldn't do that. Only monks who had been excommunicated from the monastery or demonic cultivators would consider doing something like that.

"Haha, there's no way that's gonna happen," Yun Feng said, laughing at the idea of him, becoming a monk.

Yun Ling's eyebrows twitched. With his youngest brother's nature, it would be easy for the monks to make him convert.

The only people the monks would have a hard time convincing with their words would be people with strong willpower. Because of their strong willpower, the monks wouldn't be able to easily affect their minds with their words.

"I'm warning you, don't take them lightly," Yun Ling said. "Even I would have to tread carefully around them."

Yun Feng's brows jumped upon hearing that. He knew just how prideful and arrogant his elder brother was so he was surprised to hear him say that.

"They're that amazing?" he asked in surprise. For his brother to say that, it would seem that he really ought to put up his guard when he got into the Great Buddhist Monastery.

"Well... except for one or two of them, the people in my generation are nothing much..."

Yun Feng gave him a dull stare.

"But the older generation is quite strong, especially the current head of the Great Buddhist Monastery, the one known as Tathagata," Yun Ling said with a serious look on his face. "This is just my guess but Tathagata could probably take on the emperor alone in his own territory."

"Wha?!" Yun Feng's eyes widened in shock.

Yun Ling merely smiled at him, understanding his reaction.

There was no doubt that the strongest in the entire empire was the emperor. It was because he was none other than the emperor. As a cultivator in the Sacred King Realm, the emperor could receive the worship of his subjects in the entire empire. Then those worship would only further increase his strength. As a result, the emperor was like a single man having the power of multiple Sacred Kings in one body. However, he could only use that power if he was in the Jin Empire. If he was outside his territory, he wouldn't be able to use that power at all.

That was also the reason why his grandfather and father couldn't take on the emperor on their own. They had to cooperate with each other just to be his equal, and that was saying something since his father and grandfather were among one of the most powerful in the Sacred King Realm after all.

...

"Ling, Feng... be careful," Li Jing said with a loving look on her face as she gazed at her two sons who were just waiting for all the children to enter the carriage before they could enter themselves.

Yun Ling smiled at her and so did Yun Feng.

"You too, Mother... you must be extra careful since we have a lot of enemies here in the capital," Yun Ling said in concern.

"Silly child... you don't need to worry about us too much," Li Jing said. "Xia'er, you be careful okay, and listen to your Uncle Feng... and Feng... don't mess around in the Great Buddhist Monastery and become a good example to Xia'er and the other children."

The little girl that was just right at the door looked at her grandmother and nodded.

"Yun Xia will, Grandma!"

"Ugh... I will, Mother..." Yun Feng muttered.

"Snow Fang... watch over Ling for me, okay?" Li Jing looked at Snow Fang and said.

Snow Fang had actually just come out of the carriage to assist the children in entering.

"Of course, Madame," Snow Fang told her telepathically, making her laugh a little.

"Well then... we're going now, Mother..." Yun Ling said after Yun Feng entered the carriage.

"Again, be careful all of you!"

"We will."

Announcement
Please consider pledging so you can read 11 weeks in advance (75+ chapters) plus 2 chapters a day for only $1!
7