Chapter 189 – New Day
443 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was early in the morning and the sun had just risen.

Inside the room that was assigned to Yun Ling and the others, Yun Xia was the one who first woke up among the children.

The little girl slowly opened her eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling. This continued for several seconds when suddenly, her eyes widened as she remembered something. She quickly got up and looked around her.

She could see her friends and uncle still sleeping at the side, then near the entrance of the room, Snow Fang was lying in there with his eyes closed along with his son, the Lion King Cub. She looked at her other side and saw Yue Dongmei who was still unconscious just like before. In that room, she could see everyone but one.

She couldn't find her papa anywhere.

Yun Xia got up from her bed anxiously as she ran out of the room, frantically searching around for her papa.

When Yun Xia walked past the entrance, Snow Fang opened one of his eyes and was about to stop her. However, he was able to smell a familiar scent that was coming towards them so he just let her be.

While looking for her papa outside, Yun Xia couldn't help but be concerned. Since her papa told her that he wasn't leaving, she thought that he definitely wasn't going to leave. Could it be that he was just lying to her? It wouldn't be the first time an adult lied to her since her maternal grandfather kept lying to her all the time.

Upon thinking of that, Yun Xia's heart tightened while tears welled up in her eyes. Then, she shook her head, erasing those negative thoughts out of her head.

Her papa definitely wasn't that kind of person. She must have more faith in him and not doubt him.

"Where are you going, Xiaxia?"

Yun Xia's eyes widened.

"Papa!" Yun Xia quickly ran towards Yun Ling's arms as she happily called out.

Yun Ling smiled at her daughter. Had he been a normal person who didn't practice cultivation, Yun Xia would've easily tackled him to the ground with how much force she used when she jumped on him.

"You didn't answer me," Yun Ling said as he carried his daughter in his arms. "Where were you going?"

Yun Xia pouted at him, looking extremely cute with her cheeks puffed up.

"It's because Papa wasn't in the room when Yun Xia woke up!" Yun Xia answered him. "Yun Xia thought Papa left Yun Xia."

"Silly girl. Papa already gave you his words, there's no way Papa will do that," Yun Ling said, unconsciously imitating the way his daughter spoke.

"Yun Xia knows but... Yun Xia is just afraid that Papa will suddenly leave her one day," the little girl said sadly as she looked down.

As a response to what she said, Yun Ling smiled as he lifted his daughter's chin and lightly kissed her on her forehead.

"Papa will never leave Xiaxia no matter what," Yun Ling said. "Sure, Papa might go away sometimes but he will always return. There's no way Papa is going to leave his cute daughter for too long, otherwise, Papa will die from too much heartache because he will get extremely sad if he doesn't see Xiaxia."

Yun Xia giggled at him.

"Papa can leave Yun Xia forever but Papa must not die from heartache or whatever it is!"

"Well, since Xiaxia told Papa not to, then Papa has no choice but not to die," he said, playing along with his daughter. "Anyway, let's go back inside and wake the others up. We'll have breakfast together."

"Hm!"

...

"Hmmmm... babe, you look so sexy, I can't control myself anymore..."

Yun Ling had an emotionless look on his face as he looked at his younger brother who seemed to dream of something he could very much relate to. No matter how much he could relate to it though, it didn't mean that he liked what he saw.

He weakly stomped Yun Feng's face as he plainly said, "Get up!"

"Hmmm—AGHH! What the hell?! I'm going to beat you up!" Yun Feng exclaimed as he sat up angrily. He was incredibly pissed especially since he was getting into the good stuff in his... wait— what was he dreaming again?

He couldn't remember it anymore but he knew it was something good. Knowing that made him even more pissed.

He looked at the one responsible for waking him up and all his anger suddenly vanished.

"What were you going to do again? Mind repeating that for me?" Yun Ling asked without any emotion showing in his voice nor his face.

"Ah... ahahaha... that... that..." Yun Feng weakly laughed as he avoided meeting his gaze with his elder brother.

"We're having breakfast now so you should get up," Yun Ling said with a sigh. "Honestly, apart from Snow Fang and me, you're the eldest here yet the children are more responsible than you. They are already out there waiting for us."

"Ugh... what time it is now?" he asked.

"It's almost seven," Yun Ling said before walking away.

Yun Feng's jaws dropped a bit as he stared at his elder brother. Seven was quite early for him who would usually wake up at eight and have breakfast around that time.

As if knowing what Yun Feng was thinking, Yun Ling added, "You have to keep in mind that we're not in the Yun Clan anymore. We are in the Great Buddhist Monastery so we shouldn't slack around. Tathagata might not be here anymore but there are still quite a lot of respectable monks with high cultivation realm remaining in here. If you don't want to be disciplined by them then don't laze around. Tomorrow, all of you are going to wake up at exactly five o'clock and do some warm-ups. After that, we'll train."

Yun Feng let out a sigh.

"Alright."

He got up from bed and changed his clothes. After he had prepared himself, he quickly followed after his elder brother to have breakfast with him and the rest.

Announcement
It's now September! Please consider pledging so you can read 12 weeks in advance (85+ chapters) plus 2 chapters a day for only $1! Or pledge $3 to read 100 chapters (14 weeks) in advance!
6