Chapter 2 – The parasitic being
542 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 With a bewildered look on his face Cantorn opened his eyes. Just what had happened right now? Did he not... die? Well, looking down on his body it didn't seem like he was dead. Much rather he was quite alive. His legs were shaking lively as ever and his upper body that had been decorated by a gaping wound suddenly became whole again. Not only that, even his missing arm returned! What was this all about? Cantorn tried to remember the notifications he got while he was dying. The systems voice, didn't it tell him that he had undergone an evoultionary change? He decided to check for himself.

 'Open status window.'

 As he thought those words numbers and letters started to apper in front of his eyes. A screen with different tabs opened up, visible only to himself.

 'Open general information tab.'

  The screen changed, showing him a window with information about himself.

 

General information  
Name: Cantorn
Level: 1
Age: 19
Height: 154cm
Race:

Half-dark elf (parasitic)

(Stats: +1 to Dex, +2 to Per, -1 to Con, -2 to Def)

Class: None

 

 Cantorn was still deeply confused as to what exactly the 'parasitic behind his name meant. Therefore he decided to look into it a little deeper using the information that the system provided.

     

Race: Half-dark elf (parasitic)
  A special being of the human and dark-elf race that came to be after it killed an 'Apostle of Blood'. Due to the extraordinarily weak physique of the user, the system adjusted the rewards based on the highest overlapping affinities and handed out a skill that is usually exclusive to the 'Apostles of Blood'. This has granted the user the ability to grow by feeding off of other beings, turning him into a special existence that is one of a kind.

The thoughts that were swirling around in his head slowly started to picture a clearer outline of what must've happened to him. If his presumptions were right he had only survived by chance. Had there not been any affinity of his race that overlapped with the 'Apostle of Blood' he probably would've died. 

 Still deep in thought a message suddenly popped up in Cantorns view.

 

       [The users mind has stabilized.

To further facilitate the users growth and help him adjust to the new skills the user is advised to leave the dungeon.

Upon leaving the user will be transported to an appropriate training ground.]

       [Regardless of the users willingness to leave the dungeon will automatically close in 1 hour.]

       [Time left until dungeon will close: 

 00:59:48]

12