Chapter 11: An Unlikely Alliance
1.6k 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The remaining Gobu Gobu didn’t notice it as the wounded Gobu Gobu also attacked recklessly.

Dyne immediately used the rebounding force of hitting the first Gobu Gobu to bounce towards the other two and the Green Slime.

Dyne jumped up, kicked another Gobu Gobu on the face. The Gobu Gobu was stunned by the attack that he stumbled towards the Green Slime. The Gobu Gobu howled as the Green Slime was preparing to attack. The acidic properties of Slime had already been activated when the Gobu Gobu was kicked headfirst into the goo.

A shrill cry erupted as the Gobu Gobu’s body dove into the Slime. The Green slime was panicking and tried to move away from the Gobu Gobu.

The cry alerted the two Gobu Gobus, who began fighting.

Dyne threw the shield towards the last Gobu Gobu and struck it on the neck.

The Gobu Gobu choked and staggered.

“What are you doing?! Kill that guy!” Dyne yelled immediately as he ordered the dumbfounded Gobu Gobu.

The command awoke the Gobu Gobu. Whether or not it understood Dyne's words, he still acted and immediately stabbed the enemy Gobu Gobu.

Dyne continued to attack and deliver kicks and punches to keep the Gobu Gobu inside the green Slime. Its corrosive acid wasn’t working anymore, but the Gobu Gobu couldn’t breathe. The Slime tried to move forward and backward, but it couldn’t get its body out of the Gobu Gobu. The Gobu Gobu, who was saved, kept glancing at Dyne curiously. But he didn't attack.

The Slime began to escape, but the Gobu Gobu with the dead Gimard stood on the narrow path out of the cove to block the Slime and keep it from retreating. 

Finally, the Gobu Gobu, who had its head stuck inside the Slime, breathed its last after several minutes of struggling. Dyne was just too malicious as he kept kicking the Gobu Gobu to lose its balance.

The Slime glanced towards the two enemies and was starting to show signs of fear as it trembled and retreated. The Gobu Gobu’s eyes lit up, and he approached the Slime and stabbed his arms towards the Slime. For some strange reason, the Gobu Gobu wasn’t burned as he reached towards the core of the Slime.

The green Slime didn’t resist and waited. A golden glow occurred at the core. After removing his hands, the Gobu Gobu moved towards Dyne and began to talk in a strange language. Even though the path was opened, the Green Slime didn’t run.

Dyne was startled.

“Is this how Gobu Gobu’s group together with Slimes? They tame it?” Dyne wondered.

“I guess I’d have to ask Strafe about this when he wakes up.”

Dyne walked towards the two dead Gobu Gobu and motioned for the Gobu Gobu to approach as he pointed towards the dead bodies.

“Let’s share the experience between these two! But I’m getting the gold, alright?” Dyne waved his hands, and the golden liquid was immediately absorbed towards the purple card.

But what surprised Dyne was that the gold he got from the Gobu Gobu was actually fifty!

“What? They had twenty-five each? Are they some higher-level Gobu Gobu?” Dyne wondered.

But then he tossed the idea back and pointed to the Gobu Gobu and towards the remaining energy.

Suddenly, some growling noise could be heard on the side, and Dyne and the Gobu Gobu stood up. It was the first Gobu Gobu who was tossed towards the sea.

He managed to climb up.

The Gobu Gobu next to Dyne immediately moved and stabbed the head of the Gobu Gobu as it was climbing up.

After killing it, the Gobu Gobu carried it and placed it next to Dyne.

“Eh? Are you giving the gold to me? No need. I have quite a bit. What I need is experience. But since you helped, let's share the experience from the three.” Dyne smiled.

But for some strange reason, the Gobu Gobu didn’t move.

“Eh? You won’t get the energy? Fine. Then I’ll go ahead and eat the energy of these two. Alright? Dyne smiled as he sat down and channeled the technique to gather the energy. The energy was absorbed, but because Dyne felt a bit guilty, he pointed to the last Gobu Gobu, who had the gold.

“Since you killed it, you should at least get the Gold,” Dyne explained.

The Gobu Gobu glanced back at Dyne and slowly moved towards the Gobu Gobu, who still continued to bleed the golden liquid.

The Gobu Gobu opened his mouth as a strange force suddenly began to absorb the liquid. The liquid energy slowly gathered.

“I see... For us, it's gold, but for these monsters, it is their experience...” Dyne concluded.

“Does that mean that the gold I have can make them go stronger?” 

The Gobu Gobu stopped gathering the energy, and despite his monstrous look, he seemed to have a grateful expression towards 

Dyne then took his purple card and retrieved one hundred coins. He placed fifty right next to the Gobu Gobu and fifty next to the Slime.

“Bigak gaygak mogak sagak agak kingak?”

For some strange reason, Dyne could understand his words.

“Isn’t that Filipino language with the Gak word at the end of each syllable?” On his tours in the Philippines, Dyne befriended a group of young kids he rescued from a sex slave ring. He bonded with the kids in the short time that he was based on the Philippines. Because of the necessity of his various missions, Dyne was an amateur speaker in multiple languages such as Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, and Xhosa. He was, however, fluent in Russian and Filipino.

Dyne decided to test his theory.

“Ogak Ogak.” Dyne answered. (Yes)

The Gobu Gobu was startled.

“Sagak ligak tagak Gobu!” (Language Gobu!)

“What? You speak that Gak language those kids taught?!” Dyne was startled. The little kids he spent time with would secretly accompany him to play games and taught him a coded language that uses the Filipino language and adds the word gak, chak, ba, and other syllables. This was how they spoke and helped Dyne acquire a low-tech cellphone to emulate PS one games. 

Of course, it was short-lived since his superiors found out and sent Dyne to Kenya and took his cellphone from him like a parent disciplining their child.

“Wow. How nostalgic. I wonder how those kids are?” Dyne laughed.

The first sentence that the Gobu Gobu asked was if Dyne was giving him the gold.

Dyne responded and said yes, to which startled the Gobu Gobu. The Gobu Gobu exclaimed that Dyne could speak the language of Gobu.

“Pagak nogak ingak tingak digak?” (How understand?)

“Oh... You seemed to be using some form of broken Filipino language with the Gak... Is this Strafe having fun?” Dyne suspected that this mortal ascending Strafe seemed to have been so in love with the earthly culture that he went all out and used even the smallest details in Dyne’s memory.

“Wait. Does that mean... Strafe can do memes?” Dyne had a revelation.

“Pagak regak?” (Friend?) The Gobu Gobu called out. 

“Agak nogak panggak ngagak langak mogak?” (What's your name?) Dyne’s mouth was getting thirsty. It had been a while since he spoke in Gak codes.

“Panggak ngagak langak?” (Name?) The Gobu Gobu repeated.

Dyne nodded his head.

“Bertugo Lionel.” The Gobu Gobu replied.

“What the firmament?!” Dyne cursed out loudly.

“How did your name become Bertugo? And what’s with the Lionel? Sounds like some classy English name!” Dyne gave a frustrated cry.

The Gobu Gobu tilted his head and glanced at Dyne with a bewildered expression.

“Bertugo. Agak kogak sigak Dyne.” (Berutugo. I am Dyne) Dyne introduced himself.

“Sigak Dyne.” (Am Dyne) The Gobu Gobu repeated.

“No! Just Dyne! Agak kogak Dyne!” (I, Dyne) Dyne repeated but removed the identifier ‘sigak.’

“Dyne.” The Gobu Gobu also repeated.

“So it really is a broken up Filipino dialect. I guess I’ll have to try to speak like that. So proper nouns don’t need the Gak?” Dyne analyzed the language based on his discussion with the Gobu Gobu.

Dyne then began to use this language and explained that he could give those coins to him and the Slime pet as long as the Gobu Gobu gave him the Gimard and made Bertugo promise not to hurt any humans.

Surprisingly, the Gobu Gobu immediately agreed.

Dyne paused for a bit and decided to try.

“Pwegak degak Berutgo tribo... er is it tribo or trigak bogak? Anyway... igak bagak Gobu Gobu pagak milgak yagak waggak agak waygak tagak ogak erm... like me.” Dyne then pointed to himself. Dyne was trying to urge the Gobu Gobu to make his tribe or family stop attacking humans.

“Rim Elm! Waggal agak waygak Rim Elm!” (Don't fight Rim Elm) Dyne then pointed towards the direction of Rim Elm to clarify what he meant.

Surprisingly, the Gobu Gobu nodded again.

“What? You will?”

“Agak kogak igak sagak. Pagak taygak pagak milgak yagak.” (I alone. Family dead.) Bertugo replied with a very complicated expression.

Dyne’s expression softened. Bertugo was alone. His tribe or family had all died.

After much contemplating, Dyne finally broke his silence.

“Hmm... I think having a Gobu Gobu around would be helpful. Say Bertugo... Sagak magak kagak Rim Elm?” (Follow me Rim Elm?) Dyne asked with a smile on his face.

The expression of Bertugo was confused and wondered why the human wanted to make him go to Rim Elm together.

“Take your little Slime too! I think you can really help us!" Dyne laughed.

Next chapter will be next week! If you're hungry to know what happens next, support me on Patreon to read more! (Chapter 70 will be posted this week.)

58