Chapter 68: Taunting Serus
471 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The Basilisk!” Vahn was stunned.

“Master Vahn, you plan to fight the Basilisk alone?” Tetsu was shocked.

“No, silly! Of course not! But as you can see, that Basilisk has been gathering monsters and building an army. They could be after the Seru’s in the Mist Generator, but it will pose a problem to Biron Monastery by the looks of things. While we can fight it yet, we have to weaken it by killing more of its monsters!”

“I strongly advise against this, Lord Dyne! While you have shown miraculous potential, I have seen how dangerous that Basilisk is during the war. Even Ra-Serus were turned to stone! Its gaze alone could kill humans!”

“I know. I don’t plan on fighting it. But I plan on weakening its base. I have the Chicken King. Meta, is this accessory something that holds the power of the Wind God?” Dyne asked.

Tetsu and Vahn were startled.

“Yes. Not only that, but the Golden Compass is also something that provides powers that are gifts of the Wind God. But the Chicken King is something far stronger than the Golden Compass. It was bestowed on humans to ensure their survival. The Wind God granted it to its strongest warriors so that they would flee when defeat would be certain. Unless the Monster Kings themselves or their Generals would fight them, they can escape the reach of the monsters and settle somewhere.”

“Then this proves that what I have is a miraculous artifact. I will be using this to cause great havoc on the Basilisk’s nest!” Dyne declared.

“How?”

“Those Zenoir really showed me! They have strong powers that if we tried to fight it normally, we would have been killed! Logic has it that we would need at least two Genesis Tree’s to kill it! But we don’t have the time. The enemies of the Mist will soon draw closer. We don’t know what happens in the future, but all that we can do is wait! We cannot afford to allow any other enemies to develop or threaten us. The Basilisk and his Ostrich and Frog army is a huge threat for us and our possible allies. So we have to weaken them!”

“Then what do you plan to do?”

“Not me! If I do it, the Basilisk might get mad and try to hunt me! It’s an intelligent monster, right?”

“Indeed. The Basilisk that fought alongside the Evil God could challenge Ra-Serus. That was how strong they were! And their cunning among Serpent Kings was top notch!”

“Serpent Kings, eh? Interesting… Then that makes them even more dangerous. So, for now, I plan to weaken their army. With the Chicken King, I can lead a team of Zenoirs to fight those monsters!”

“Brilliant! The two will fight and kill each other!”

“Yes. And I can even use that opportunity to absorb more gold! This card is awesome, after all.” Dyne revealed his card. Most of the other cards could absorb the coins, but it would take several minutes. This card that Dyne got from the Merchant could get the gold in an instant.

“But this is why I should do it alone. It won’t work if there are several of us.”

“Alright. We will wait here then.”

“You guys will be busy too. Master Tetsu, just how far are we from Biron Monastery?”

“About a day's journey when we traveled by Seru carriage. But with the Mist, it could take us three or more days.”

“Then, this makes this place all the more important. Once I’m gone, we need to create a line of transportation that takes us from Rim Elm to Biron Monastery. This place is a perfect resting spot. You guys have to do what you can to fortify this place.”

“The Gobu Gobu. This could be a perfect place for them!” Vahn realized it.

“Right on, Vahn! If the enemy discovers that we have an alliance with the Gobu Gobus, they may send more powerful enemies that we can’t handle. We always have to make them think we are so weak that they won’t spare great effort to kill us.”

“They could evolve here. They might be able to fight stronger Monsters.” Tetsu also added.

“Correct. But for that, we’ll need to subdue a Gobu Gobu village and acquire their Evil God Totem. Since I might be gone for a bit, they’ll need something else to help them evolve.” Dyne explained.

“Alright. What should we prioritize?” Tetsu asked. He had long noticed that Dyne’s survival skills exceeded even that of the Hunters.

“Secure the necessities first. Look around and see what could be used to sustain any settlers of this village. What is their source of food? The river may provide water for them, but what about the food? Is there any vegetation around? If some of the Hunters or the Gobu Gobus stay here, can they live? Then move on to the others. Training. What training can the hunters or the Gobu Gobus do to get stronger?” Dyne listed all the needed things.

Tetsu was startled and began to find a writing spot to list down all that Dyne stated.

That night continued with the group eating and making plans as to how to improve the place.

The night faded, and the group had a comfortable rest in the stone house. The enclosed area allowed them to recharge physically, mentally, and spiritually. The Mist's effects lessened as they continued to cultivate, and the group was less irritable than before.

Dyne set out as planned and began to travel towards the center. He had been using the Golden Compass and the Chicken King to improve the speed of his movements. Several Lippians, Ostrich, and Frogs were encountered along the way, but Dyne continued to search for them. After more than seven hours, he finally found a Seru patrol.

He was deep in the inner regions. He had used the Chicken King to flee from various monsters to reach the central regions faster. Dyne kept experimenting with the Chicken King, and at one point, he glanced at it as if he was in a daze and kept glancing at the necklace.

Strafe had a suspicious expression as he saw that.

“Now, what has this brat discovered?” Strafe wondered.

There were around eight Serus scattered. Five were Gimards, and three were Zenoirs.

Dyne didn’t want to use his precious bow and arrows. On the Last battle, Dyne had retrieved the arrows he shot at the Zenoir. Four of the arrows were bent and damaged, which brought an aching sensation on Dyne’s heart. Shooting any of these Serus would make him permanently lose these arrows.

Dyne took a deep breath and observed their movements. Each Seru was over thirty meters away from each other. They kept looking for monsters to devour. Dyne targeted the group positioned at the center. He took a sip from a jug that had Hunter Spring water.

“Here goes nothing.” Dyne began his attack.

Grim appeared as Dyne approached. The Golden Compass shrouded him and allowed him to reach the Seru pairs at the center. This was a Gimard pair, and Dyne made his attack.

The scythe struck through the face of the Gimard, but it wasn’t able to pierce through the metallic skull of the enemy Gimard.

Nonetheless, the Gimard was knocked backward from the attack, and Dyne swept the other end of Grim to hit the other Gimard on the face.

As Grim’s head struck the face, it exploded.

Bang!

Dyne had ordered Grim to shoot one of his fireballs at impact.

The two Gimards were knocked down, and Dyne continued to attack the two with his legs striking one and Grim stabbing on the other.

The commotion attracted the attention of the other Serus, which roared and charged at Dyne.

Dyne began to run back. But he did not use the Chicken King just yet.

The four pairs of Serus chased. Even the two Gimard who were attacked sprinted. Dyne was smirking as he noticed it.

“Come on, magic! Let’s do this! Just enough, boy! I don’t need the super speed thing you normally give! Just enough to keep me ahead of these monsters!” Dyne began to mutter strange words as he gripped the Chicken King on his hands.

Dyne had concluded that the Seru are like wild animals. A Zenoir and a Gimard reached near the end of the river. And this was because they were chasing a Lippian. This proved that these creatures were easily enraged.

Dyne had recalled the cutscenes of the game. It depicted how the Serus would chase after and attack humans when exposed to the Mist. Some of them would try to possess humans. And so, this made Dyne conclude that if he were able to taunt the Seru enough, they would chase him even if it took hours.

All that remained was a battle of endurance. Dyne, who had gone through various cultivation and even began to merge and cleanse his body using the souls of various Gimards, his stamina was around three times that of a human. But that wouldn’t have been enough. And so, Dyne employed the power of the Chicken King.

“I don’t want to fight them! But let me run just a bit faster!” Dyne wished and sent his soul into the Chicken King.

“Of course he could do that…” Strafe could only shake his head. Legaia was supposedly a stage to make Dyne into a Soul Cultivator. Once he achieved that, the effects of the items in this game would only improve his power. But now that he already was a Soul Cultivator, his ability to use these items also increased.

The power of the Wind God emerged and granted Dyne haste. His speed got faster, and Dyne started to run.

“And now the fun begins!” Dyne laughed.

My mom tested positive for COVID. Thankfully, she only have mild sympthoms and no need for hospitalization. We just got our test results and are all Negative. But its been one stressfull week.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can post on Saturday. I might, but no promises.

Do check out New Game+ and Ascension of the Nephilim if you haven't yet and please leave a review/rating for this story if you haven't yet.

Also, the month is ending, so next week is a good time to subscribe to my patreon to catch up with all 148 chapters which should be 150 by the end of this week.

19