Chapter 107: Monster Hive
265 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BANG!

With a single punch, a Goblin was killed.

A certain Goblin had appeared as Dyne and Rena moved. It had a different form and had a greenish skin that had led several goblins to attack Dyne. Dyne had already dealt with most of them, and soon, all that was left was the Green Goblin.

Dyne didn’t even bother to use Grim and used his fists to kill the Goblins.

Dyne acted like a child but also tried to show off his skills towards Rena. The Green Goblin received the aerial combo, which kept its entire body sent flying to the air.

“Seventeen!” Dyne shouted as he kicked once more.

A Goblin of slightly different shade was sent spinning in the air and fell down.

“Too bad I’m tired. Big Sis! Wasn’t I great? I could do Twenty, but I think I’m exhausted from the fight with the apes!” Dyne smiled.

Rena gazed at Dyne with a very dazed expression.

“I’m still not used to the body of a level Six Martial advent. So I punched him stronger than I can.” Dyne blushed.

Rena was amazed and had even used her light power to see Dyne’s Strength.

“Big Sis. What magic is that?” Dyne asked as he looked straight into Rena’s eyes, which had turned brighter.

“Oh! Sorry, Little Dyne. I used Detect. It’s a common ability that magic users like me use to identify the strength of others. Brother Dyne… I could see that you are at level six Martial Advent. But your normal punches look to give off the power to level eight! Is it Spirit?”

“Oh. That one. No. It’s not Spirit. That’s what I meant by saying that I’m not used to a Level Six Martial Advent body. The amount of energy it has is stronger than my level five body. So whenever I would try to move the life energy in my body to concentrate in my fist, I sort of mess up. That’s how my body would drop a few levels, but my hands go up two levels.”

Rena was stunned when she heard it. No fighter in the village or even in the kingdom had the ability to do what Dyne did.

“There is such a cultivation technique? What is it called?” Rena asked.

Dyne tilted his head as if confused.

“Technique? It’s not a technique. It’s just moving the life energy in your body. I just concentrate so that my Force Foundation will send the life energy and release and gather it on my hands.” Dyne explained as he began to move the energy.

Through Detect, Rena could see the powerful force move into Dyne’s hand.

“Amazing! Little brother… Don’t show it to anyone. This place has a lot of greedy people, and they will try to trick you! You shouldn’t be careless in showing your abilities.”

Dyne smiled. He gazed at Rena and couldn’t help but feel his heart warm.

“Thanks, Big Sis! But don’t worry. I’m not so stupid. In my home, I had a lot of experiences with betrayal and friends suddenly attacking me. I showed it to you because I trust Big Sis!” Dyne smiled.

Rena smiled back.

“Then it's good that you understand! But little brother… How were you able to drive back those Wild Kong Apes? Not even a level 10 Martial Advent can match them in strength! So even with your ability to increase your Martial Advent level, it shouldn't be enough to fight them!”

“Oh. That’s because of Spirit. Through Spirit, I can somehow match them in terms of strength. That’s why my punches hurt them. I’m guessing that my strength should be around the tenth level of Martial Advent if I have Spirit.”

“But that’s still not enough! You were even able to drive back the Fire Kong ape in an exchange!”

“Oh. Big Sis… it pertains to two secrets that I have! I have a secret body cultivation technique and an Earth magic ability! My entire body is full of Earth Energy. And remember that skill I showed you earlier?”

“That magic that allowed you to be covered in Earth energy?”

“Yup! Diggin! It increased my defense, so that’s why I was able to guard myself against their attacks. And my special body cultivation grants me a stronger body. So in terms of fighting, I was barely able to match them.”

Rena’s glanced at Dyne, who kept innocently talking as if he was a monster. The talent and ability that Dyne had vastly surpassed anyone she knew.

“Little Brother… What about that Scythe?” Rena pointed at Grim, who was at the back of Dyne.

“It’s my soul weapon,” Dyne answered.

“So-soul weapon?!” Rena screamed in shock.

“Erm… Yeah. My Master gave it to me. Grim. Please greet Rena.” Dyne threw Grim, which reverted to its Gimard form.

It stood back up and handed Dyne the Earth Jewel and began to cuddle with Rena.

Rena was amazed at the scene, and she stumbled down.

“Little brother! Please! Everything you’ve shown me is a miracle that surpasses our current understanding. This… Soul Weapon! You can’t show it in town! The villagers will try to take it from you, and you could even bring a kingdom to attack you! That’s how important Soul Weapons are in this place! And this one has already developed sentience!” Rena explained.

“Oh, don’t worry about it! Grim. Turn into a chain and connect with me.” Dyne ordered as he disrobed his upper body part.

The scene shocked Rena as she saw the rocky chest of Dyne.

Grim's chain like body wrapped around Dyne.

Grim’s head protruded out of Dyne’s chest area and covered the earthly brimstone skin. The rest of the body coiled up around Dyne’s body.

Grim's tail blades had turned into a single blade, and it attached itself to Dyne's shoulder. It looked like there was a blade that had been stuck on Dyne’s right arm. The blade somehow bent and reached all the way to the backhand.

It looked like a chain was wrapped around Dyne's body, and the sickle of the chain was attached to Dyne's forearm.

The power and energy that Grim was releasing disappeared. Even with Detect, Rena couldn’t see through it.

“Amazing!” Rena was stunned.

“Cool, right? As my Soul Weapon, Grim has a way of combining himself with my soul. Like this, only strong Soul Cultivators or Mind Cultivators can detect Grim. Not sure what to do with the Earth Jewel, though.” Dyne frowned as he raised the Earth Jewel.

“That… That’s where your pet hid, right?”

“Yeah. Gyoro and Ururun are hiding inside. It seems like it absorbed a lot of energy from the fight earlier.”

Suddenly, the Earth Jewel began to shrink.

"Oh right. I forgot to tell you. That isn't an Earth Jewel anymore. I turned the Earth Jewel into a Monster Hive with the Basilisk's body parts. I also added a bit of my magic to it. Hold it up, and send your soul in it. That stone can grow as small as that or as big as its former form." Strafe explained.

Before, the large jewel was slightly bigger than the Ra-Seru egg, but now, it had shrunk to the size of a pebble.

Rena was amazed at what she saw.

This was yet again another miraculous item that Dyne had with him.

Dyne frowned and tried to throw the Monster Hive on the ground, and it suddenly expanded back into its original size.

Soon, Gyoro and Ururun's heads suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It was as if a large head suddenly came out of it.

It gave Dyne a questioning look.

"Erm. Sorry, Gyoro. Ururun. It's nothing." Dyne reached out and took the stone as Gyoro and Ururun's head vanished.

Dyne took a closer look at the Monster Hive. he then noticed that this round object had a lot of small holes covering it.

Dyne remembered that the Basilisk had many small offsprings, and this must have been something inside it that housed all those dead snakes.

"I used my power to change the Earth Jewel and combined it with the Womb of the Basilisk. A Monster Hive is a necessity for cultivators that tame serpents or snake monsters. In fact, you won't find an item like this on the nearby planets of this region. Right now that Monster Hive functions as a large space that allows you to store items. But aside from that, its most important function, for now, is nurturing the Serpentarius Gyoro and Ururun. That stone is made of its mother's womb, and you must constantly feed it with your Brimstone energy. That's why I said that it treats you as its mother. When I pulled you out of Legaia, you have been traveling for three days, and I used your Brimstone power to nurture that rock." Strafe explained.

"Little Brother? What is that?" Rena asked as she noticed that Dyne had fallen into a daze.

"Erm... Big Sis! Sorry. It looks like my Master gave me something, and I am just receiving his instructions now. He is using a Soul technique. I'm still figuring out what this item is!" Dyne apologized.

"So it's sort of a dimensional item?" Dyne asked Strafe mentally.

"Yes. I have prepared items that can give you a dimensional space and planned to give them when you get here. But since you defeated the Basilisk and acquired a mutated Serpent, I decided to make this instead! A Monster Hive is meant to house a nest of Snakes. But the truth is, that large stone still has dimensional capabilities. It is capable of housing three or four fully grown Basilisk!"

"That big, huh? Wow."

"It can grow bigger if you have the right resources. That's how monster tamers in the cultivation world bring all their monsters with them. So don't ever call me a cheapskate again! This is a cheat item when you go into the world of Brigandine!” Strafe laughed.

Volume 2 is about to end in my Patreon page and the number of games that Dyne played is quite impressive. Star Ocean 2 is just the start. The nostalgia will keep increasing as the chapters go. Volume 2 ends after a certain mission involving another game right after Dyne goes back to Legaia. Oh, and he finally meets Noa. Lots of cool things to expect in Volume 2.

Don't forget to check out my other stories in Webnovel, New Game+ (400+ chapters) And Ascension of the Nephilim (220+ chapters)

11