Chapter 110: Keeping His Promise to Rena
236 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s a kid?” One of the villagers wondered.

“Dyne! Over here!” Rena immediately called out.

Dyne glanced at Rena and began to run faster.

“Rena? You know that child?” Rena’s mother wondered.

“He’s barely a teenager! What is he doing here all alone?” Rena’s father was shocked. He was walking from the same direction Rena was.

“That is Dyne. He helped me escape from the Ape. If it weren’t for him, I’d be dead.” Rena introduced Dyne to her parents.

“Saved you?” Rena’s father asked.

“Yes! He might be young, but he’s very… er… smart! He managed to lure the Kong Apes and tricked them while we escaped!” Rena decided to make up an excuse.

“Good Child!” The man rushed towards Dyne to hug him.

“Thank you!” The woman also ran to hug Dyne and hugged her in tears.

Believing that they had lost their daughter brought them to great despair. But now, when Rena stated that this boy saved her, they immediately welcomed him with extended arms.

“Child, where are your parents?” Rena’s father asked.

“Mom! Dad! He’s alone. He was separated from his parents. He doesn’t know where he is.” Rena gave a vague explanation.

“No worries! You can stay with us for the time being!” The father immediately offered.

“Erm… Thank you, Uncle!” Dyne answered.

“A child saved you?” Boaz finally interrupted as he moved closer to observe Dyne.

He glanced at him and frowned.

“How old are you?” Boaz asked.

“Erm… Ten years old.” Dyne answered with a very intimidating expression.

“Ten years old? And you’re already at the Sixth level of the Martial Advent Stage?” Boaz answered. His eyes were glowing. It was the same ability that Rena used. It was the skill Detect.

“Sixth level?!” Many of the villagers cursed out and exclaimed.

That level was very hard to achieve for ten years old. Only people in their nearing twenty could reach this in a Desolate Level town! Only geniuses like Boaz would reach that level in their teen years. But Boaz reached level six when he was fifteen years old!

Many people who had the ability began to use Detect. Some who were below the sixth level couldn’t see through Dyne’s level and be shocked.

“Xera… This kid’s loaded. We cannot afford to make him an enemy. We don’t know how strong his parents are. But looking at his level, he should be from a Mid tiered city at the very least! Who knows? He could even be from a Sanctuary city!” Boaz called out to the woman next to him.

“I agree. Let's pull that child to our side. We have to tell him that Rena’s not good. He’s ten years old. If we get the villagers to play along, we could manage it!” The woman called Xera answered.

“Hey, Kid! Come over here!” Boaz called out to Dyne.

“No!” Rena shouted and stood between Dyne and Boaz.

“What’s the matter? I just want to talk to the kid. He seems lost and not from around here. We have to do our part as villagers and welcome guests and explain the current situation. Our first priority is to get him back to his parents! You might have noticed that he’s very high in the Martial Advent stage for someone of his age.” Boaz sneered.

Dyne was silent. Vahn was just a year older than him, and he should reach level six soon. If he cultivates according to Dyne's plans, it was possible for Vahn to reach the seventh stage the next time they would see each other.

“So a Desolate Level is quite weak. They probably don’t have anyone getting past the Martial Formation stage." Dyne noted.

“Hey, Kid! I am the leader and strongest warrior of this village. I’d like to talk to you.”

“OK!” Dyne rushed in and evaded Rena, who tried to stop him. It was like a little kid playfully running around.

“What’s up, Uncle?” Dyne smiled as he stood before Boaz.

“Listen, are you looking for your parents?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Are they from a Mid Level city?”

“No. Big Sis Rena told me about this place. I’m not from the Scattered Kingdom.”

Everyone was shocked at Dyne’s words.

“Not from the Scattered Kingdom?!” Many chorused together.

Rena was stunned at Dyne’s words but did not argue with him. If Dyne had a mysterious backing, then the villagers wouldn’t harm him in fear of whatever backing Dyne had.

“Where- Where are you from? What kingdom?”

“Krusty Krabs.” Dyne answered vaguely. The Filipino kids that Dyne befriended all added him to his social media account. And Dyne noticed that all of them would put odd answers in their profile. All these kids placed 'Krusty Krabs' as the answer as to where they worked.

“Krusty Krabs?” Boaz repeated.

“What town is that?” Boaz asked an old man among the crowd.

The old man shook his head.

Boaz frowned and turned back to the kid.

“Young Master, might you tell us the name of the town?” Boaz spoke with a more respected tone fearing that this kid would have a backing that could easily crush a Paradise Level city in this continent.

“Eh Di sa Puso Mo.” Dyne answered again, imitating the strange bio answers that the Filipino Kids used in their social networks.

“Eh Di sa Puso Mo?” The villagers began to murmur. They pronounced it wrong.

“It must be somewhere so far away. Form the City name itself. It sounds like it used languages that we don’t understand.”

The group began to look more respectfully at the boy.

“Listen, Young Master. that Sister you saved is a bad person. Therefore, you shouldn’t save her.”

“Oh? She is? What did she do?” Dyne asked innocently.

“She killed a lot of people,” Boaz explained.

“So don’t you go out and help her. She might look pretty, but her personality is worse than a Kong Ape!”

“Wow! Is it worse than those large apes? She’s that bad?” Dyne gave a surprised expression.

“That’s right! So the next time you see her in trouble, don’t help her!” Boaz explained seriously.

“Lies! Don’t believe them! They are just-” Rena’s father cursed, but the villagers began to clamor and throw things towards Rena’s father and their family.

The items had rocks in them, and Rena actually created a Light shield to protect her family.

“See? Little brother? All of us know that this lady is evil! Look! Who do you believe? That Big Sister or this entire village?”

“Oh… Is this really the case?” Dyne had a surprised expression.

“Yes! That’s exactly the case!” Boaz began to put his arms over Dyne’s back and led him further and further from Rena and her family, who were busy blocking the rocks hurled at them.

“But… But she had healing powers! Dad said that people with healing powers are good and kind!” Dyne innocently argued.

“Don’t believe them!” Rena’s father called out.

Rena continued to channel the light energy. She was starting to worry if Dyne believed these people.

“But she also helped me! When I was fighting the Kong Ape, she healed me and made my stamina feel great! So how is she a bad person?”

“She wants to use you! When she saw you, did she use Detect?”

“Yes.”

“She wanted to sacrifice you! That’s what she did! She wanted to make you fight. But luckily, the young master is strong! So she kept using you to get out of the forest! See? The entire village hates her! She has been this to us!” Boaz explained.

Dyne had a startled expression and kept glancing at Rena.

“Remember, Young Master, that Rena is evil and a bad person!” Boaz continued as he allowed Dyne to see the angry villagers who kept shouting and trying to silence Rena’s father and mother trying to shout and warn Dyne.

“But- But- Rena said, she would be my Big Sis!” Dyne childishly argued.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be your Big Sis!” Xera smiled as she offered.

“And don’t worry! I’m stronger than that, Rena! Watch!” Xera bent down and picked up a rock and threw it towards Rena.

The rock was coated with a strange power and pierced through the shield, and struck Rena’s father on the shoulder.

“Ugh!”

“Dad!” Rena shouted, but she couldn’t do anything and maintained the shield; otherwise, her mom would get hit.

“Ha Ha Ha! Good throw, Xera!” Boaz smiled.

Dyne’s face finally twitched. The previous rocks that struck Rena’s parents before Rena cast the shields didn’t hurt her dad much since Rena’s dad had some cultivation. But that attack, which contained martial energy hurt Rena’s parents.

“That is what she deserves! You should throw a rock too! Go ahead! It’s fun! Don’t you like to throw rocks?” Boaz asked.

Dyne smiled.

“Sure!” Dyne then bent down to pick up a rock.

“Hm? Weird. This rock looks strange!” Dyne marveled.

Dyne was pretending to hold a rock. But through Grim, the fire energy raced towards Dyne’s hand.

The site was so amazing that it caused the nearby villagers to stop and point at the rock.

“Why is this rock on fire?” Dyne wondered.

“Let me see!” Boaz bent down to look at that rock.

As his face was descending, Dyne’s fist suddenly rose with incredible speed.

“Rising Dragon Fist!” Dyne shouted as his fist clashed the jaw of Boaz.

SMASH!

“SHORYUKEN!” Dyne shouted as he vaulted up in the air and threw Boaz flying several meters up.

With Grim’s ability to hover, Dyne descended faster and grabbed the airborne leg of Boaz.

He flung Boaz like a log with a quick spin and smashed the back of Boaz’s face onto the woman called Xera.

BANG!

The two were cultivators, and the sound of the impact was like two rocks colliding.

Dyne allowed his rage to explode in his heart.

Strafe noticed it and was stunned.

“BERSERKER!” Strafe identified the strange power that erupted.

“Impossible! Is it because he is Brimstone that he can cast such a dark spell?”

Dyne wasn’t done with using Boaz as a stick. Instead, he raced forward and began to smash Boaz to the other villagers and aimed for those who were throwing stones at Rena.

SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

It was so sudden and fast that the many trained fighters couldn’t react fast enough.

Finally, Dyne threw Boaz towards the high wall that surrounded the town.

SMASH!

“Little Brother! Don’t!”

“Big Sis. You made me promise that unless I can face a level Six Martial Novice and the entire village without using ‘them’, I have can’t show off…” Dyne stood strongly as strange energy enveloped Dyne and began to make Dyne’s body grow brighter.

“Well… I was looking at the strength of the fighters in this village. And yes! I can fight all of them!” Dyne smiled.

11