Chapter 114: Calamitus Slime
267 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rena made preparations for their trip.

As Rena made her preparations, Dyne found an interesting collection of books that Rena had. While waiting, Dyne began to start reading the books.

There were several books on history, some collections of maps that Rena said she needed for her travels. There were books on the many medicinal plants that the world had.

Dyne kept reading it and sighed. There were just too many strange things that he couldn’t understand as the items were bizarre.

In Legaia, the items primarily followed what it was in the game. Although there were other herbs, Dyne never bothered with them since he had no need. But now that he was in a world similar to the plot of Star Ocean: Second Story, his inner madness awoke, and he began to read books to learn more things to increase his skill level.

But the herbs he found were strange, and the book he had showed the pictures and the name and didn’t tell him what it could do.

“And this one?” Dyne asked as he pointed to a strange green herb.

“Little Brother… That’s a Blood Clothing Herb. It is used to close wounds. It’s one of the most basic herbs that cultivators need. Mom and Dad should be buying more of this since you said we would be leaving.” Rena explained before continuing to arrange the necessities that they would be bringing.

Every time Rena would pass by, Dyne would ask what these strange herbs could do.

Rena was stunned as he kept telling Dyne these items and pondered how it was that someone like Dyne couldn’t understand what these items were.

Dyne scratched his head as he bemused at the many items.

“Man… There are too many herbs! How can I learn to compound?” Dyne cursed.

“Compounding?” Rena asked as she circled back, carrying some of her parent’s clothes to prepare for their trip.

“It’s a skill in mixing herbs to create other items…” Dyne sighed as he explained.

“Ah… Is it similar to alchemy? I have a book like that!” Rena explained.

She rushed towards the small bookshelves and dug through the pile of books, and brought out a small book.

“Calamitus Slime Book of Basic Alchemy?” Dyne grew curious at the sight of the book.

“Yup. This is from one of the famous alchemists that we have here. That copy was a gift from one of my friends in the Light Temple. She said that this is one of the few signed copies.”

“Oh? What a treasure. Your friend might have a crush on Big Sis!”

“She’s a girl.” Rena laughed.

“So? Isn’t it common? It was very normal back from where I was from.”

“Wha-what?!” Rena was shocked.

“Never mind… It might be a cultural thing…” Dyne shrugged and took the book from Rena.

The moment he touched it, a strange vibration occurred as Dyne felt something strange in his mind.

Dyne could see several strange visions about a man locked in a strange lab and had a jolly-mad time compounding the many herbs present. Then the vision changed to that of a man who was writing a book. Tears began to fall on her eyes.

Dyne was so stunned that he fell into a trance and a strange glow began to appear in his eyes.

“Soul Search? But how?” Strafe was stunned at what he saw. This was one of the amazing techniques that only the elite like his master could do!

Dyne dropped the book as he was started and awoke from his dazed expression.

“Little Brother? What’s wrong?” Rena asked as Dyne trembled.

The memories that Dyne saw flashing in his eyes were strange.

“Big Sis… You said this is a signed copy?”

“Yes. My friend’s parents were rather close with the enigmatic alchemist, Calamitus Slime. She said that he owed her parents a deep sense of gratitude. This book was one of the gifts she received directly from Calamitus Slime. That is actually a top-rated book amongst alchemy. When I left the Light Temple, she made me promise to keep it. Even though this book was precious to her, she said that giving it to me will force me to return it to her.” Rena explained she gave a reminiscent smile.

“Life was so good in that temple… But then the meteors happened. I banished the thought of visiting her again. Little Brother, you are starting to give me hope. That temple is like a second home to me.”

“Uh-uh. That’s nice. Just hold that thought.” Dyne ignored Rena’s sudden sentiments and began conversing with Strafe.

Rena was shocked at Dyne's reactions and frowned as she turned around to continue packing.

“What happened?” He asked Strafe.

“What happened? You-! You! How did you do that?”

“I don’t know what I did! And honestly, I didn’t do it! It somehow forced me into it, and I saw memories!”

“It forced you? Amazing… That book isn’t ordinary! What you did is a Soul technique called Soul Search. It’s a very complicated Soul Technique that allows Soul Cultivators to peer into the soul of another!”

“Peer into another Soul? That was like as if I absorbed many parts of his memories and knowledge!”

“That is the benefit! You’ve heard the phrase of artists, authors, and singers pouring their heart into their work, right?”

“Yes.”

“That’s exactly what this is. That item you had is a rare but very inferior item that is called a Legacy Artifact. There are different ways that it can affect an item. The Chicken King is a Legacy artifact. The Wind God bestowed the Legacy of his speed and haste. He imparted it to have the same Mind ability that he has. In Legaia, the War God Icon, Evil God Icon also has the same attributes. Legacy Artifact may contain the Mind or Body Legacy of the bestowed. In this case, you found a Legacy Artifact which had the imbued soul of a Soul Cultivator. And this Soul Cultivator is powerful!”

“How can a Soul Cultivator live in this place? And someone as strong as this? Who is this Calamitus Slime?”

“Such person surely has succeeded in their Soul Severing. As such, unless I willingly use my powers, I wouldn’t be able to detect him or see how his actions affect the fate of this planet. But that book is a Legacy Artifact! A Soul Legacy Artifact! This is his work which does not contain his wisdom, his power but his passion and soul itself!”

Dyne pondered and opened the book.

“Big Sis, who is this friend of yours? And how is she related to Calamitus Slime?” Dyne asked.

“Related? I don’t know. She shouldn’t be related. She only said what I told you. Her parents are friends with the author.” Rena answered.

“I see…” Dyne answered, and he opened the book to glance at the pages of the book.

“Calamitus Slime is rather eccentric. He wrote some strange symbols on the first page of the book.” Rena added.

Dyne flipped back to the first page. And there, he saw the strange symbol that Dyne noticed. Only, it wasn’t strange. It was familiar. Dyne was sure that he had never seen these symbols before. But somehow, they were extremely familiar.

“Soul Impartation… This book contains a part of the Souls of Calamitus Slime. If we were to use the term of that famous book you read, it’s a Horcrux. A part of the soul is inside it. The question is, what Soul power does this book have?”

Dyne curiously brushed the familiar letters. It was then that he saw and began to understand the words.

Dyne’s vision changed, and he began to channel the power of the Imaginarium Bond.

The place where he was was no longer the same. It was as if he was in a strange land imbued in gold and bright silver lights.

There were clouds around him, and a large fat man stood in front of him.

“Strafe Vasilous?!” The fat man exclaimed.

“Slime God!” Strafe suddenly reacted.

Dyne was confused. He glanced around and was shocked at where he was.

“The Heavens are Righteous! You are alive! The Imaginarium Bond is well!”

“Slime God! You are Calamitus Slime?” Strafe exclaimed. A strange figure appeared next to Dyne. Dyne remembered that this was Strafe’s appearance when he first met him.

“Where are you? How can I find you?”

“I am on the Edge of Eternity, Lord Slime God. I used the Imaginarium Bond to flee and broke the dimension of the Base through the Unpassable and reached the world of the Basileus Basileon.”

“The Basileus Basileon?! How were you able to survive?”

“The Sovereign spared me. He allowed me to reach that place and even granted me the opportunity to meet the strongest mortal in His World. This is the current carrier of the Imaginarium Bond, Dyne Valliant there.” Strafe explained.

“You’re body… You’re barely alive!”

“Indeed. I am dying. I only have less than a year to live. How goes the situation?”

“It grows bleak every day. I am sorry, dear friend. We cannot converse for long. Is the current wielder of the Imaginarium Bond strong?”

“Very.” Strafe confidently answered.

“Then it is good. Though many questions run through my mind, you met one of my incantations with great luck. You see, the enemies of the Light are moving. I have looked through the fate of many galaxies and saw them diming. The incantation that you saw in the Edge of Eternity, the enigmatic alchemist, Calamitus Slime, carries a small portion of my soul. He carries with him my knowledge in Soul Cultivation as well as peak mortal knowledge on herbs and medicines. By some Providence by the Sovereign, it seems he allowed us to meet.”

“We don’t have much time left. Slime God, is there a way to save me?” Strafe suddenly asked.

If anyone reading here has been following my contracted story, Ascension of the Nephilim in Webnovel, Calamitus Slime is one of the incarnations of Calaminus, the same God that gets stuck on the MC of AotN. This chapter was already written way back on February before I started writing Ascension of the Nephilim but it was only accessible in my Patreon. So this character was first and Calaminus took inspiration from Calamitus and not the other way around.

13