Chapter 122: The Ra-Seru’s Existential Crisis
246 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night arrived, and Dyne had finally managed to regain most of his strength.

Rena had cooked a delicious meal for the family to eat. With the amount of meat and food that Lucas purchased, the family could have a decent meal. It was a meal that even the strongest cultivators in town would envy.

Dyne shared all that the family had seen at the village entrance and made vague explanations as to what happened and how he suddenly grew stronger.

“I ate a strange fruit that my master gave before he sent me here. It was what allowed me to travel the distance and even looked like the meteors that you saw.” Dyne explained.

When the evening came, Dyne fulfilled his promise and told Lucas that he could push Lucas's strength by about three or four levels.

Lucas was stunned. He was one of the stronger cultivators in town, but comparing himself to Boaz and the other young blood talents, Lucas accepted his fate that his talent isn’t anything worth it.

“That’s wrong. It's not about talent. It’s about compatibility.” Dyne explained.

“Compatibility? I could only reach this level in Martial Novice because I am incompatible?”

“That’s right. Hold still. I’ll explain when I’m done. The earlier I do this, the more time I get to rest. I still need to recover as my soul still needs to recover from that crazy attack.” Dyne stood up and motioned for Lucas to stand up.

“What do I do?” Lucas asked.

“Bear the pain.” Dyne smiled. He then quickly thrust his hand towards Lucas' chest. A strange orange light appeared on Dyne's hand.

Jedo was silent, but he cursed out. That ability was something only made possible to Ra-Serus, who has received power from the Genesis Tree. Soul Gathering was a very vast stage for Soul Cultivators. It was so vast that ten levels stood between it and the next level. Ra-Serus were powerful beings that Strafe modeled from the great Sprite beings in the cultivation world. After the great war, Strafe sealed the Ra-Serus, who was weakened from the war into Genesis Trees. And only by awakening more Genesis Trees can the Ra-Serus recover a portion of their strength. They were originally beings that would equal a peak Soul Gathering cultivator.

Yet despite this immense advantage, Dyne, a human who hadn’t even awakened a single Genesis Tree, had already access to this power.

In the game, this was called Hyper Arts.

Brimstone energy was being formed and harnessed from nothing. Dyne could previously create Dragon King Slash by borrowing energy from Grim and creating a release of Brimstone. But now, he could wield it expertly.

The Brimstone coursed through the body of Lucas. The energy dug through and pierced the body of Lucas and flowed through the bloodstreams. Any ordinary human would have died from this, but Lucas was a Martial novice realm person.

Still, the pain was immense.

“Ahhhh!” Lucas cried as his knees lost their strength. Dyne supported him with his other hand.

“Rena, Trina, relax… Just do as I say. Trina, get a bucket of water ready. Rena, get ready to heal him when I tell you. Uncle Lucas! You must persevere!”

The Brimstone energy moved around the body of Lucas with great precision. Dyne’s soul was seeping into Lucas’s body and navigated the energy to ensure that it would only purge the death energy and minimize the damage to the organs.

The impurities were being purged, but Lucas was shivering in pain.

“Rena… Heal him now! Trina, the water!” Dyne ordered.

Rena used her magic which caused the damaged parts of Lucas’s body to recover, and Trina began to pour the water over Lucas.

Dyne kept moving the energy and would occasionally order Rena to heal Lucas.

Soon, Dyne stumbled on the ground, and his expression was pale.

Rena continued to heal Lucas, who kept trembling.

Trina kept pouring water at Lucas, and soon, when Lucas was no longer trembling, she finally relaxed as she went over to observe her husband. The moment she touched him, he could feel it.

“Dear! You- you! You’re at the Martial Novice Level Eight!” She shouted in surprise.

Lucas, however, was too tired to reply. He couldn’t help but smile upon hearing this but immediately fainted.

Even Trina could not help but feel tempted to ask Dyne if she could go through that. Lucas has become the strongest cultivator in the village! However, she was just at the first level of the Martial Novice stage! And in a world that valued strength, Trina longed to reach that level!

“Don’t even think about it. At least… Not now. Lucas is a Fire element cultivator. Hence… his body was naturally able to withstand it. But you, who is of Ice? Too dangerous.” Dyne shook his head.

Rena and Trina couldn’t understand what Dyne meant.

“Let’s talk tomorrow. Wake me up when Lucas awakens.” Dyne fell at the corner and also fell into a deep sleep.

But as Dyne was dreaming, a bright purple light appeared in his dream world.

“Right. Ra-Serus can do this!” Dyne laughed as he recalled Meta talking to Vahn the first time Vahn would rest in the safe room at Drake Castle.

“You monster! Your control over that power of yours was so precise! How?” Jedo asked immediately.

“You should really learn to respect me. Haven't I shown you the visions of Legaia? Meta, Ozma, and Terra were very warm in their treatment with Vahn, Gala, and Noa, you know?” Dyne laughed.

“Who are you?” Jedo asked immediately.

“The hope of Legaia. But rather than tell you, why don't I show you?” Dyne smiled.

“Show me? How?”

“The Imaginarium Bond. Soul Steal. And the fact that two gods have searched my memories. Experience teaches you things, you know. Let me show you... My world!” Dyne smiled as the dream world faded and transformed into a strange vision that Jedo saw.

Jedo was confused at first. But the world he saw was totally different from Legaia. Dyne showed him brief portions of his life on Earth and his games. Dyne started with the first PS1 game he was able to play. It first showed Dyne's first interaction of the games, and this confused Jedo all the more.

Soon the hours passed, and Dyne finally showed that game to Jedo.

Legend of Legaia appeared.

The storyline, the intro, and everything else about the game was shown as if a real Playstation was booted up.

“What is this? It can't be!" Jedo was stunned.

“You are a game. Well, technically, your world is based on a game. Your God, Tieg, crafted Legaia according to my memories.” Dyne explained.

“No! It can't be! It just can't!”

“How did I show you your fate then? I used the Imaginarium Bond back when I was in Legaia. If you don't believe me, check the mysterious object on my other hand.”

Jedo was silent. Ever since he awoke, he could feel great power in the other bracelet that Dyne held on his other hand.

“This is a lot to absorb. You better get your mindset. Your world is based on the memories that I have. It does not mean that your life is fake or without value. It's real. Only now you know the purpose as to why you were created.”

"You...! You're selfishness and insanity created me! Is my life just this cheap? Am I just some game character? That is my purpose? Do you know how it feels like to know that you are just something created?!”

“Bruh. I'm also a created being. The god who made Legaia? The Imaginarium Bond? They are also tools that were created by another. Well, it's not as if I'm not totally without sympathy. I mean, you found out that your purpose is quite... underwhelming, I guess? But most in my original world never found out what their purpose is. Hrm? Oh. It looks like our time is up. You think about it. Everything you've been through was real. At least, they weren't fake. You are real, Jedo. I could imagine why most refuse to believe or acknowledge that they were created or are just pawns in a larger scheme. But you have a choice whether to follow the design or move against it. I'll show you more of my memories next time. For now, I got to work.”

And just like that, Dyne left the dream world and was being lightly tapped by the beautiful Rena.

Lucas had already woken up and immediately went outside to test his strength. The villagers were so shocked at what they saw, and many even rushed to ready whatever gifts they could give to the miracle-making Dyne.

But as the crowd gathered outside, it only took a single sentence for the crowd to fall into silence.

"You have treated Rena poorly. Why should I help you? What do you have that can help me? Do you have more gold than me? All that Lucas and Trina purchased is all that we need! You don't have anything of value that can draw my attention!” Dyne declared.

Many who was about to offer their gifts didn't have the guts to move forward.

“We'll be back. It's not difficult for me to help this village. But for now, more pressing things are at hand. If anyone dares to follow me or hinder me now, I will kill you all immediately!” Then, a bright orange force exploded out of Dyne and shocked everyone.

“He- He is a wizard!” The villagers were shocked. They had long heard of powerful cultivators who could perform magic. Unfortunately, their village was too poor and desolate to have any of this. Boaz retreated. He knew that he stood no chance.

The villagers could only curse and lament as they watched Dyne, Rena, Lucas, and Trina walk out of the village and move towards the forest.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays guys!

8